Cant Focus After Adopting High Sugar Diet Any Help Is Appriciated

thms

Hello All,

here i am again.

i have adopted a peat inspired diet (high carb +400 grams a day from oj, milk, melons, pears ) cheese, cod, chocolate, carrot a day)

since starting this diet i have a super hard time concentrating on the job

simple math i just cant do, cant focus on working and checkin on tasks.

have had a problem with addictions in the past and the sympthoms FEEL for me like weaning of off nicotine oid.

could have something to do with dopamine levels (the motivatiing hormone)

i know that sugar spikes dopamine

thank you all for your help

have had a problem with addictions in the past and the sympthoms FEEL for me like weaning of off nicotine

You might be at a lower cholinergic level than before...

Richiebogie

You could try adding eggs and shrimp for cholesterol and other goodies!

Coffee with sugar early in the day may help.

OP
thms

thms

You could try adding eggs and shrimp for cholesterol and other goodies!

Coffee with sugar early in the day may help.

Thank you I Will add Some yolks

Coffee /cafeïne I cant tolerate I get reallly bad anexiety from iT

I think the milk is also messing with me Since I have never tolerated iT wel ( I drink lactose free milk )

X3CyO

Are you taking any supplements along side the diet?

How much salt potassium and magnesium are you getting as well?
They all substitute in for one another to some extent.

I found that adding in more salt relived me of cold extremities when consuming a lot of liquids.

However, it still makes me think about the few things that Ray has said about potassium being important for insulin sensitivity. It seems like he values it much more than insulin.

Personally after going very low fat and high sugar with a multi and some gelatin, my tolerance to cigarettes and coffee has dropped very much and focus drops when used. Even aspirin tends to cause cold feet now.
Im interpreting it to be that as thyroid function goes up, things that stimulate the thyroid tend to be more easily detrimental to the body and can raise cortisol and other stress hormones. This contrasts the benefits of the body being able to withstand other stressors at a much higher rate like the cold and personally gains in strength and recovery when not overstimulated.

This is kind of what I thought @encerent went through when he posted his blood-work a while back as it was negative but everything that he was doing seemed optimal and I was doing a very similar routine up till now.

Last edited:

Waynish

Anxiety from coffee is supposedly less than optimal liver. Can you boost metabolism with sucrose without side effects if your liver is less than optimal?

Matt1951

Really, go eat a half pound of beef every day and you will feel better soon. Try a steak, or maybe a couple of quarter pounders.

Matt1951

Not everyone does well on the same diet. If your current diet is not working, change it. There is no single Ray Peat diet, because recommending one diet for everyone would be counter-productive. Many people do better with meat in their diet. As there are some people, who are doing well as vegans. If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Matt1951

I should add, drop the bun if eating a quarter pounder. Also consider Ray Peat's advice to eat some gelatin with the meat. In one of Peat's discussions regarding what he eats, he mentioned using different protein sources daily for variety, it sounded like meat or fish.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/...at-what-his-daily-diet-is-actually-like.9183/
From the post by HDD
"- rotates his animal protein sources only because he gets tired of the
same meals, no health reason"

Last edited:

X3CyO

...after going very low fat and high sugar with a multi and some gelatin, my tolerance to cigarettes and coffee has dropped very much and focus drops when used. Even aspirin tends to cause cold feet now.

Im interpreting it to be that as thyroid function goes up, things that stimulate the thyroid tend to be more easily detrimental to the body and can raise cortisol and other stress hormones.

I need to rehash that:
Adding salt fixed my focus issues and cold extremeties which I link together. It also reduced anxiety from coffee, and it allowed me to recover more quickly from the drop in temp drinking cold liquids.

I also correlate very low fats with impaired focus when mixed with coffee, asprin, and cigarettes but salt partially fixes this.

(I undercalculated how much caffiene I was drinking as well and after adding more calories everything is back to normal. (12 shots espresso not 9))

Impaired focus could also be a lack of vitamin a:
If cholesterol gets too high and cant get converted to steroids then its just clogging things up.

Last edited:

sladerunner69

Hello All,

here i am again.

i have adopted a peat inspired diet (high carb +400 grams a day from oj, milk, melons, pears ) cheese, cod, chocolate, carrot a day)

since starting this diet i have a super hard time concentrating on the job

simple math i just cant do, cant focus on working and checkin on tasks.

have had a problem with addictions in the past and the sympthoms FEEL for me like weaning of off nicotine oid.

could have something to do with dopamine levels (the motivatiing hormone)

i know that sugar spikes dopamine

thank you all for your help

Jumping head first into 400 grams of sugar a day may be a bit of a shock to the body, I think you should implement a gradual approach. If your thyrwhichoid is low,a dn if your 48bpm is any indication, you are not going to need that many carbs at this point... especially fi your body is acclimated to ketosis fat burning for energy. Switching to a higher sugar diet was worth it for me but took about 6 months, at first I still ate a fair amount of meat but just did 3 or 4 glasses of fresh squeezed OJ and half a gallon of milk a day along with small amounts of aspirina dn coffeee and of curse gelatin. As the weeks went by, I would consume more sugar absd off my hunger. Then for about a year I had to be carefuly not to consume too much sugar because it would hit me with an odd turbo boost of energy, making em feel highly anxious and almost impossible to focus even on small tasks, and the problem would actually be exascerbated when I took thyroid. I had to dial back the sugar and caffiene a bit and be sure not to overeat. Eventually my resting pulse increased and I felt warmer and I could handle more and more coffee and I began taking DHEA and pregnenelone, which increase my metabolism and hormonal profile further. Red light also helped to calm me down.

D

Deleted member 5487

Are you taking any supplements along side the diet?

How much salt potassium and magnesium are you getting as well?
They all substitute in for one another to some extent.

I found that adding in more salt relived me of cold extremities when consuming a lot of liquids.

However, it still makes me think about the few things that Ray has said about potassium being important for insulin sensitivity. It seems like he values it much more than insulin.

Personally after going very low fat and high sugar with a multi and some gelatin, my tolerance to cigarettes and coffee has dropped very much and focus drops when used. Even aspirin tends to cause cold feet now.
Im interpreting it to be that as thyroid function goes up, things that stimulate the thyroid tend to be more easily detrimental to the body and can raise cortisol and other stress hormones. This contrasts the benefits of the body being able to withstand other stressors at a much higher rate like the cold and personally gains in strength and recovery when not overstimulated.

This is kind of what I thought @encerent went through when he posted his blood-work a while back as it was negative but everything that he was doing seemed optimal and I was doing a very similar routine

Identical Situation Here.

Coffee causes real anxiety now, and nicotine causes underarm sweating for hours. Asprin and niacinamide make me wake up in the middle of the night with because my body burns through sugar to fast now.

I have been lifting for many years and am only my 22 so I probably fixed my low carb metabolism in a few months.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom