Can't bring my metabolism up, Help!

PeatBull

I started peating like an half year ago, did bloodtest and had THS around 4, doc said i had subclinical hypothyroid, got some T3 and T4, started slow like recomended Peat and now im taking around 25mcg t3 and 50mcg T4, i dont feel like its doing anything at all. I do carrots everyday, mushrooms, aspirin, tried antibiotics, methelene blue, a lot of fruits, good protein...and after 3 months of taking thyroid and doing all of this, my temps is still 35,7 during the morning and gets maximum around 36,3 during the afternoon. Pulse usually around 70-80.
I'm 34 by the way. My sympthoms are hairloss, back acne, fatigue, hard time gaining weight and muscle...what else can I do? Progesterone maybe?

gd81

what brand of thyroid?

do you take that 25mcg t3 and 50mcg t4 all in one go?

yerrag

You didn't mention rice or bread, are you taking carbs by eating fruits? What is daily calorie intake and how is it. broken down percentage wise among the 3 macros - carbs, fats, and protein?

What fats are you taking? What kind of protein? Where are you getting your B vitamins, vit A, D and K2?

What is your daily potassium, magnesium, and calcium intake. I assume you are not avoiding salt.

You mentioned fatigue. In what way are you fatigued? Is it all throughout the day? Do you keep yawning? Sleepy? Hungry? Do you need to eat something in between meals? Can you skip meals and feel okay still?

When you go running, do you have endurance or do you feel tired quickly?

OP
PeatBull

PeatBull

Alright, ill try to answer all. Thyroid brand is tiromel and euthyrox for t4, i split them during the day, take them with food 1-2 ratio. I do eat rice bread and potatoes, but not everyday, i usually get my carbs from fruit or sugar with tea or coffe. I eat tosts with butter and cheese or ham in the morning. Do the carrot at midday. For lunch eat meat protein, lamb, beef, sometimes chicken ( try to avoid it tho). Sometimes i drink milk with my food, sometimes after workout or when im thirsty instead of water. Eat eggs or other protein for dinner. I eat organ meats aswell, once per week, and oysters sometimes when i get my hands on them.
Fatigue comes with low effort things like cooking, when i workout (x2 week) too. Sleepy sometimes. I can skip a meal and be ok, but don’t do that anymore. I used to fast or eat low carb, high fat ( not always, maybe couple of weeks each year or so)
I dont run, or do any cardio, but i think i do have normal endurance

OP
PeatBull

PeatBull

Gym in garage. Lifting basically. Ive been training really hard last 3-4 years, but my progress in quite low, cant build muscle. Now ive reduced my training frequency and intensity.

OP
PeatBull

PeatBull

About vit D, plenety of sun where i live, i used to sump,ement aswell with d3 in winter, bloodtest result was around 40. I do a lil red light too after shower.

yerrag

On your temperature, just to be sure, how are you taking it? Using an armpit/oral thermometer or ear thermometer or forehead thermometer?

How long in armpit or mouth before you take thermometer out?

Are you correcting for the lower armpit temp by adding 0.5 C?

Also, you haven't shared with us your daily caloric intake and how they're distributed among the macros?

Since you are being Peaty from the looks of it, how long have you been avoiding PUFAs?

And is it correct to assume you're not overweight, and your BMI is below 25 and maybe around 21?

OP
PeatBull

PeatBull

Im takin it armpit, the thing beeps when its ready. My gf takes her temp with me sometimes and she is always around 36,6, so I think i measure it correctly.
I just eat normally, don't measure my calories or macros, but i have good apetite and I've gained some belly fat during this peating months. I drink a glass of OJ almost everyday.
I've been avoiding pufas for 4-5 months now. Before I used to eat almonds butter, nuts and so, but never abused of vegetal oils.
And yes, Im not overweight, im quiete fit, 1,82cm-75kg.

Motif

Im takin it armpit, the thing beeps when its ready. My gf takes her temp with me sometimes and she is always around 36,6, so I think i measure it correctly.
I just eat normally, don't measure my calories or macros, but i have good apetite and I've gained some belly fat during this peating months. I drink a glass of OJ almost everyday.
I've been avoiding pufas for 4-5 months now. Before I used to eat almonds butter, nuts and so, but never abused of vegetal oils.

how is your digestion?
Slow? Undigested food in it? Colour ok? Fat digestion ok?

i got the same issue and I think my digestion could be a big part of it

yerrag

Good news!

You may not have low temps.

Don't use the beep as cue to pull out your thermometer. Let it stay there for much much longer. To be sure,. leave it there for 12 minutes.

Then see the higher reading. Once again, it it's taken from the armpit, add 0.5 to the temperature readout.

Let us know what temp you get this time.

rei

Progesterone supplementation for sure, and i think it is better transdermally as the skin is very active in converting it into androgens etc.

When i was not brave enough to order more progesterone after finding out it is illegal i went for cholesterol, and also it had noticeable metabolic enhancing effect, warming the body and improving digestion slightly.

yerrag

I went cold turkey on PUFAs for 4-5 years, not even counting time. Best thing I ever did health-wise. Sugar metabolism became optimal. Immunity much improved, no more allergic rhinitis and colds since then. I continue to not have flu, 20 yrs and counting. I went back to white rice, white sugar energizes me instead of making me hungry. So, I'd say stick to staying away from PUFAs.

OP
PeatBull

PeatBull

Good news!

You may not have low temps.

Don't use the beep as cue to pull out your thermometer. Let it stay there for much much longer. To be sure,. leave it there for 12 minutes.

Then see the higher reading. Once again, it it's taken from the armpit, add 0.5 to the temperature readout.

Let us know what temp you get this time.
well, it climbed til 36,4 leaving it for that long.

OP
PeatBull

PeatBull

how is your digestion?
Slow? Undigested food in it? Colour ok? Fat digestion ok?

i got the same issue and I think my digestion could be a big part of it
always had problems with this. After taking atibiotics a couple years ago for H.Pylory, my digestion is better, but still have a lot of gases and constipation sometimes.

yerrag

well, it climbed til 36,4 leaving it for that long.
From 35.7?

Add 0.5 if you haven't done so and it's 36.9C. If that's the case, you're not so bad.

Motif

always had problems with this. After taking atibiotics a couple years ago for H.Pylory, my digestion is better, but still have a lot of gases and constipation sometimes.
Same here. Pls let me know if thyroid medication is improving this.

OP
PeatBull

PeatBull

From 35.7?

Add 0.5 if you haven't done so and it's 36.9C. If that's the case, you're not so bad.
well 35,7 was after breakfast in the morning. You sure is 0,5 and not 0,05?

yerrag

0.5!

Motif

Maybe it’s a liver / gallbladder issue even blood tests are ok.

did you ever measure your copper and ceruloplasmin? For me it’s always low no matter what I eat or supplement.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals