Cannot unsubscribe from forum spam coming to my email

iso1

Cannot unsubscribe from forum spam coming to my email. I press usubscribe button , but updates on new forum topics still are delivered to my email every day.

TibRex

You can mark them as 'spam' and they will automatically end up in the spam folder, instead of the inbox, the next time round.

I wish we could go back to good ol' days of receiving the updates once in a while, or on a weekly basis, instead of on a daily basis.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
You can mark them as 'spam' and they will automatically end up in the spam folder, instead of the inbox, the next time round.
If you do that you will be banned from the forum. Since you opted in to receive those emails, marking it spam is unethical.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

rei

charlie i don't know why you don't take this seriously. I cannot say for certain the new forum software works like this, but the old one simply did not stop sending emails no matter what the options were. I simply made them auto wastebin since it was not possible to make the forum understand this desire.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
charlie i don't know why you don't take this seriously. I cannot say for certain the new forum software works like this, but the old one simply did not stop sending emails no matter what the options were. I simply made them auto wastebin since it was not possible to make the forum understand this desire.
We take spam very seriously. As mentioned above, you can unsubscribe inside your profile settings.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
B

Braveheart

Hey Charlie, while I got you here....how was someone able to modify my signature?...I had a quote from Thoreau in quote marks...and someone added the source book/article of Thoreau.

TibRex

If you do that you will be banned from the forum. Since you opted in to receive those emails, marking it spam is unethical.
Thanks for the tip, Charlie. I am totally unaware that one can unsubscribe from inside one's profile settings, so my apologies.

I have in the past redirected frequent and unwanted mail to my spam folder to prevent the inbox get clogged. Of course, that wouldn't have been necessary, if there had been an unsubscribe button option tagged to these mail in the first place. Anyway, when I found the time, I would go to the spam folder and read the stuff stored there.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals