Canker Sores

Dhair

I have drastically increased my OJ consumption recently and I've been getting some extremely painful canker sores. I've also been experiencing some numbness and general soreness in my mouth.
How can I avoid this? I love the OJ so I need to find a way around this if that is the cause.

tara

Possible factors to consider:
Is the OJ ripe and sweet?
Have you tried rinsing your mouth out with a mild solution of baking soda after each drink of OJ?
I've read that Mg hydroxide can be useful for resolving mouth ulcers.

When I first tried Peat type diet this happened to me. Now it doesn't happen any more. I think I got my magnesium up and vitamin k2 and thyroid and now I can drink a lot and I get no more sores and no more sore mouth. Quit oj for awhile and work on nutrition. Perhaps you too can come back to it in a few mo the with no problems?

Teeth/gum Discomfort?

Peater Piper

I used to get canker sores all the time, especially when consuming acidic foods like citrus or tomatoes. I brush, floss, and rinse with Listerine every night. Maybe not the best plan, but whatever, haven't had a cavity in over 15-years so I hesitate to change anything. The only adjustment I made about a year ago was rinsing with baking soda after the Listerine to bring up the pH. It seems to have completely solved the canker sore problem.

Last edited:

kenji7

You can try using sea buckthorn oil to naturally treat canker sores. A study in 1989 treated sixty (60) children with canker sores with sea buckthorn oil. The oils were applied 3 – 4 times a day and all 60 children showed significant improvement after 2 days of treatment. After 3 – 5 days of treatment, 55 of the children were cured and two severe cases were completely cured after 8 days of treatment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals