Candy.

G

gummybear

I'm a gummy bear lover and the stuff you get in the store isn't that good. I've made some gummy (squares) today, and they are delicius!!

http://www.workoutmaster.com/?p=1861

Super easy to make and super tasty! I got some gelatin at the store at the baking area, worked for me.

You guys have any good candy suggestions?

nwo2012

My version (less ingredients) of Scottish tablet. Half-fill a pot with sugar. add enough milk just to wet it. (optional) 1/2 tsp vanilla.
Bring to boil then simmer for about 20 minutes (until it turns golden brown). Keep mixing so it doesnt stick. Pour into silicone tray and let cool then put in fridge until completely set. Eat.

OP
G

gummybear

shaadoe said:
Can you post the recipe?

The recipe is at the link but I can post it here also.

Mix 1 cup of of water with ½ cup of gelatin. Let it sit for about 15min.

Mix ½ cup of orange juice with 1 cup of sugar. Get it to a boil. Then mix the water/gelatin mix with it, add the lemon juice (half lemon) and make it dissolved. Pour it into whatever you want....i'm gonna buy some gummy bear shape things soon.

Then put into fridge (make its not hot though) and eat! :D

pete

Is the same one, I wrote down the recipe in the video. :D

OP
G

gummybear

nwo2012 said:
My version (less ingredients) of Scottish tablet. Half-fill a pot with sugar. add enough milk just to wet it. (optional) 1/2 tsp vanilla.
Bring to boil then simmer for about 20 minutes (until it turns golden brown). Keep mixing so it doesnt stick. Pour into silicone tray and let cool then put in fridge until completely set. Eat.

Super easy and super tasty! Just made some in the morning and having some now. Don't had any vanilla at home though.

OP
G

gummybear

Super Yummy brownies

1 egg
0,5 cup cocoa
0,75 cup sugar
1-2 tsp butter
salt if you want

Mix it all up. Bake in the oven for 20-25 in 350.

European version is

1 egg
1,2 dl cocoa
1,8 dl sugar
1-2 tsp butter
salt if you want

Mix it all up. Bake for 20-25 in 175.

Om nom nom nom.

Nick810

So I'm assuming there is literally no commercial candy available in stores worth looking at?

OP
G

gummybear

Nickje said:
So I'm assuming there is literally no commercial candy available in stores worth looking at?

Of course there is. Gummybears are an excellent choice.

nwo2012

Nickje said:

I think the Yummy Earth organic range looks not too bad at all. Ordered some for the kids from iherb.

(they include gummy bears)

pete

Considering gelatin is a good culture medium for bacteria, I wonder what's not listed in the label. Haven't found any good candy.

Nick810

Yummy Earth ingredients don't look good to me - doesn't use real sugar, some have weird oils.