Candy.

jyb

pete said:
Considering gelatin is a good culture medium for bacteria, I wonder what's not listed in the label. Haven't found any good candy.

If gelatin is a good medium for bacteria, how come those candys can be conserved so well at room temperature? When I make gummy bears myself, I'm surprised at how long they can keep despite the fact that water, protein and sugar went into them.

Jenn

nwo2012 said:
Nickje said:
So I'm assuming there is literally no commercial candy available in stores worth looking at?

I think the Yummy Earth organic range looks not too bad at all. Ordered some for the kids from iherb.

(they include gummy bears)

I HATE yummy earth gummy candy, the carrot juice for coloring is nasty. I prefer artificial food coloring, honestly. you have to be careful that they actually contain gelatin too, some brands/version do not.
Please excuse my barf. Surfsweets brand is much better but it contains lactic acid which is a big no-no if you are already making your own.

Jenn

Go Naturally brand honey lemon flavor does not contain any "natural" flavors. Possibly the ginger too. The other flavors do contain natural flavor.

Bob's soft peppermints are real peppermint oil and sugar based but contain artificial color.
Lemon heads contain some sugar and lemon juice concentrate...along with artificial colors and other weirdness.

Hanzo

skittles are my favorite supposely they are sat fat but if you plug em into cronometer it says they have pufa so idk

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals