Candy Sugar Vs Fruit Sugar

Steve

Why would candy heat me up instantly to 98.6 & above, but orange juice does nothing to raise my temp?

I was looking at cronometer.
12 oz OJ has 31.2 sugar.
The candy I just ate was called butter fudge (mostly sugar & butter).
It has 33.8 sugar.

I could feel my face heat up & my temp jumped to 99 which is extremely rare & has only happened previously with gummy bears. So what's the difference between fruit sugar & candy sugar that heats me up so much?

I'm pretty sure it's not a healthy thing to be downing a bunch of something called butter fudge, but if that's what it takes I'm willing to do it.

walker_in_aus

It could be the combination of dairy fats and sugar that is helping, not just the sugar? Also, Orange Juice is a cold liquid and many people with thyroid problems find liquid very cooling...

chispas

Notwithstanding the possibility that drinking hot OJ would produce the same results, I would guess that the sucrose in the gummy bears is molecularly different from the 100% fructose in the OJ. If you want to feel hot after drinking OJ, put half a teaspoon of salt in it first.

OP
S

Steve

Notwithstanding the possibility that drinking hot OJ would produce the same results, I would guess that the sucrose in the gummy bears is molecularly different from the 100% fructose in the OJ. If you want to feel hot after drinking OJ, put half a teaspoon of salt in it first.
What does adding salt do?

I definitely get colder after drinking liquids, so I know that's a problem, but just eating fruit (refrigerated or not) doesn't do anything to raise my temp either.
Ice cream doesn't work, even after waiting a while for the coldness to leave my mouth.
Chocolate doesn't seem to work.
Thyroid pills don't work.
Has to be good old fashioned candy.

OJ is not 100% fructose. It's half sucrose, one quarter fructose, one quarter glucose.