Candida And Fruit/Sugar

TNT

Do people have issues with sugar and candida? In particular, sugar from fruit? I was low-carb for many years, and I had major health issues, but I figured low-carb was helping me. But then last year, I did the unthinkable -- I went on a fruitarian diet. I didn't quite do 80/10/10, but more like 75/12/13, and I wasn't entirely vegan -- I used colostrum, which I need for my immunity. I felt amazing -- much better sleep, tons of energy, I was able to finally build muscle, etc. Who would have thought that fruit would do that? But I started losing my hair (which had been a problem even before fruitarian, but it got waaaay worse after I started eating fruit). Since my hair loss has gone up and down over the years, I figured this may not be due to fruitarian (it could just be its normal variability), but it was just getting worse and worse, so I figured I was probably having nutritional deficiencies, and I stopped the fruitarian diet after 8 months, but still continued to eat one fruit meal per day.

It's been 9 months now that I'm back to eating a non-fruitarian diet (with one fruit meal per day, so about 1/3 of my calories are from fruit), and the hair loss hasn't gotten better -- it's only continued getting worse. Suspecting candida, I've been doing candida treatments, and they seem to help in reducing my hair loss, but as soon as I stop treating, the hair loss increases again, which tells me that candida is a major issue for me in terms of the hair loss.

Here's what I'm wondering -- is fruit making it impossible for me to get my candida under control? I've tried stopping or cutting back on fruit a couple times since all this started, and I feel like ***t without it -- horrible sleep, no energy, etc. So my body is saying it wants fruit, but is it making me have out-of-control candida, or is the candida being stubborn for some other reason? Nowdays, low-carb is all the rage, and fruit/sugar is made out to be a bad guy, esp. for candida. But I'm not sure I buy that.

Anyone have experience with fruit and candida and whether I'm screwing myself up by eating fruit (and therefore sugar from fruit)?

Please note: I am not looking for (or welcoming of) suggestions about hair loss in general. I guarantee you that whatever it is you want to suggest, I've already been down that road. In this thread, I am only looking for a discussion about fruit and candida (as it relates to hair loss). Thanks.

Taotatoes

Hair loss can be caused by so many things... before you self diagnosed with candida, did you get blood and stool testing?

OP
T

TNT

Hair loss can be caused by so many things... before you self diagnosed with candida, did you get blood and stool testing?

I am not self-diagnosing with candida -- I have had extensive testing done. Please don't make assumptions without knowing my extensive health history. And as I said in my post:
"Please note: I am not looking for (or welcoming of) suggestions about hair loss in general. I guarantee you that whatever it is you want to suggest, I've already been down that road. In this thread, I am only looking for a discussion about fruit and candida (as it relates to hair loss). Thanks."

So if you have something to offer about fruit and candida, I'm happy to hear it, but I AM NOT looking for advice or suggestions about hair loss in general. I am very, very, very well aware that hair loss can be caused by so many things, and as I said, I have an extensive history with this. Right now, I am ONLY looking to discuss fruit and candida as it relates to this issue, NOT other issues related to hair loss. Thank you.

SOMO

Unless you're immune-compromised (CANCER or AIDS or MS) you don't have Candida issues.

If you genuinely think you have Candida take a prescription antifungal.

Fluconazole
Amphotericin
Nystatin
Apple Cider Vinegar/Coconut Oil
Ketoconazole (oral might be toxic)

OP
T

TNT

SOMO, I am immune-compromised, and I do have candida. I'm not interested in the remedies you've suggested, because I've tried some of them, and they have not helped, and none of those are effective in the long-term, and they cause problems such as side effects, fungal resistance, etc. I am a licensed healthcare professional, and I know a lot about candida remedies. That's not what I'm asking about -- I already know how to "medicate" candida (with prescription or natural medicines). What I'm asking about specifically in this thread is the relationship of fruit/sugar to candida. I would like to hear about people's experiences and knowledge with that.

Nyteck

SOMO, I am immune-compromised, and I do have candida. I'm not interested in the remedies you've suggested, because I've tried some of them, and they have not helped, and none of those are effective in the long-term, and they cause problems such as side effects, fungal resistance, etc. I am a licensed healthcare professional, and I know a lot about candida remedies. That's not what I'm asking about -- I already know how to "medicate" candida (with prescription or natural medicines). What I'm asking about specifically in this thread is the relationship of fruit/sugar to candida. I would like to hear about people's experiences and knowledge with that.
It’s been a long while since this thread had been active but I find that candida symptoms flare up when consuming fruit/sugar on an empty stomach while they don’t cause much problem with/between other meals