Cancer Prevention By Different Forms Of Tocopherols

Wilfrid

Yesterday, I was re-reading a message that Dr. Peat sent me, last year, about cancer and vitamin E.
At the bottom of it, he posted a study abstract and I was able to get the full access to it through library genesis.

"....Based on epidemiological and animal studies, we may suggest that at the nutritional level, a-T, being an antioxidant nutrient, contributes to the cancer preventive activity. At the supra-nutritional level, however, g-T and d-T are cancer preventive, but a-T is not. The lack of cancer preventive activity of a-T is consistent with many previous studies in animal models [9] and may explain why disappointing results were observed in some recent large scale human trials with a-T [38–41, 60]. The decrease of g-T levels in the blood and nonhepatic tissues by high doses of a-T has been well demonstrated in animal models and humans [9, 40]. When a high dose of a-T is used, it may decrease the blood and tissue levels of g-T and diminish its cancer preventive activity [40, 41]. a-T may also increase the cancer incidence if it competes with g-T and d-T for binding to molecular targets that are important for cancer prevention. In future intervention trials, high doses of g-T may also not be suitable because this may decrease the blood and tissue levels of a-T, as has been shown in animals [14]. In the light of the broad cancer preventive activity of g-TmT and its general availability, this or similar tocopherol mixtures may have a high potential for practical application. These mixtures, with different tocopherols, existing at ratios approximately equal to those in our diet, may have an advantage over pure tocopherols."

Nothing really new but I found it interesting....
Anyway, here is the link:

http://libgen.org/scimag/get.php?doi=10 ... 8_2012_345

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals