Cancer Grows More At Night Under The Influence Of Cortisol

haidut

Forum Supporter
Very much in line with Peat's writings. If cortisol is so important for tumor growth and Cascara suppresses its syhthesis that would explain a good deal of its anti-cancer effects.

Tumors Might Grow Faster at Night - News, Features and Discoveries from the Weizmann Institute of Science

"...The results revealed significant differences between the sizes of tumors in the different groups of mice, depending on whether they had been given the drug during sleep or waking hours. The experimental findings suggest that it is indeed the rise and fall in the levels of the GC (cortisol) steroids over the course of 24 hours that hinder or enable the growth of the cancer."

Last edited:

Suikerbuik

Re: Cancer grows more at night under the influence of cortis

They say liganded GR inhibits tumor growth.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Suikerbuik said:
They say liganded GR inhibits tumor growth.

Ah, so I guess I read it wrong then? They are saying high cortisol inhibits cancer growth? But then cortisol rises at night and is highest early morning. Wouldn't that contradict the study findings?

Suikerbuik

Yes absolutely this is what I considered too, hence my short answer. I had hoped full text would give more info on cortisol levels in these mice but I can't find anything related, only figure 7D may contain some info on this.

Looking from a different persepective you can come to the following conclusion. EGFR is more activated at night, the growth signals of receptor tyrokinases (a group EGFR belongs to) aid cell growth and maybe healing / renewal. Good if you don't have cancer, but if you have cancer I could work against you according to these results. But this study involves mice and not humans and over 85% of the cancer findings in mice do not translate to humans. Cell lines are even more far of in representing an in vivo situation.

What we can also see, for what's worth it, that everything including glucocorticoids is about balance. I also think the subject is too difficult to make any conclusions that apply to us humans. To give an impression of what I am thinking about, differences between chronic stress and acute stress, variability of glucocorticoid receptor expression als between tissue itself, non-genomic effects of cortisol (think there are), environmental aspects cancer likes to thrive in that differ in humans, etc.

ddjd

Very much in line with Peat's writings. If cortisol is so important for tumor growth and Cascara suppresses its syhthesis that would explain a good deal of its anti-cancer effects.

Tumors Might Grow Faster at Night - News, Features and Discoveries from the Weizmann Institute of Science

"...The results revealed significant differences between the sizes of tumors in the different groups of mice, depending on whether they had been given the drug during sleep or waking hours. The experimental findings suggest that it is indeed the rise and fall in the levels of the GC (cortisol) steroids over the course of 24 hours that hinder or enable the growth of the cancer."
This study shows that cascara sagrada's laxative effect works through inducing production of nitric oxide in the colon. More specifically, cascara induced 12 percent of nitric oxide synthase. The laxative affects of cascara were eliminated with an anti-nitric oxide agent. Should we be concerned about this?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals