Cancer Can Change Fuels Depending On Type?

Oraganic4me

The Facebook Group 'Jane McClelland Off Label Drugs for Cancer'

It's really a rather gross misunderstanding of Peat, when I asked him about diet for cancer he said <i>"Things to optimize intestinal health, reducing absorption of endotoxin, serotonin, and nitric oxide. Milk, pulp-free orange juice, eggs, raw carrots, cooked bamboo shoots and mushrooms, coffee."</i>

Nothing about eating straight sugar :): My guess is she has never read Peat, certainly not studied his ideas. Most likely third hand knowledge about a "Peaty" diet.

Who is Robert Morse?
Robert Morse advocates eating tropical fruit to clean out the lymphatic system which is the cause of all disease “dirty lymphatic system” I thought vacuuming them out would be easier lol

By the way , thanks for sharing what DrPeat wrote to you on Cancer.. I incorporate some of his ideas. I really love listening to his audio interviews.

Obi-wan

She was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 1994 that had spread to lymph nodes (stage 1b) and then became stage 4 metastasizing to her lungs. She did all the standard chemo and radiation. She also developed myelodysplasia in 2003 which became acute myeloid leukemia caused by the chemo and radiation she underwent for the stage 4 cervical cancer.

Her approach seems to be cut off the “fuel” for cancer stem cells coupled with low dose chemo. She says each type of cancer has a different phenotype which tells you which “fuel” source is most important to cut off to starve the cancer stem cells. She targets different pathways shown on her metro map. The metro map below shows which drugs or supplements she likes to cut off a particular “fuel” pathway.

She used many things including green tea, curcumin, IV vitamin C, 6 months of high dose chemo, dipyridamole, metformin, lovastatin, aspirin (then etodolac instead of aspirin).
View attachment 13747

Nice @Mito, I was trying to copy and paste this map but could not make it work so am glad you did. I am blocking everything on the fatty acid lines as well as other lines. Using Luteolin instead of DPM on the SREBT-2 line. Also using Orlistat to block FAS.

Oraganic4me

Does she say why she does not like him? Is it a personal thing or due to disagreeing with "his" ideas, which btw are now becoming mainstream and being presented as something incredibly novel and unheard of, when in fact have been concealed by corrupt industries for more than 100 years.
I'd be really curious to hear her opinion on this because frankly the heat that Peat catches from people for "his" ideas turns our to be usually either people who have an axe to grind or who have simply not read/studied enough to understand what "his" ideas are really all about. Banning Peat for "his" ideas would be akin to banning Warburg, Selye, Pauling, etc since those people are all central in Peat's writings.

I remember hearing you on Danny Roddy telecast saying Metformin was not all it was cracked up to be in the case of Cancer.
Do you feel the same about Berberine and cancer?
Jane Mclelland talked Chris Wark (from Chris beat Cancer fame) he has always advocated a natural food approach to cancer and I was surprised he is taking berberine now, he said thanks to Jane Mclelland.
Berberine seems to be the new darling amongst Naturopathics today

Oraganic4me

Nice @Mito, I was trying to copy and paste this map but could not make it work so am glad you did. I am blocking everything on the fatty acid lines as well as other lines. Using Luteolin instead of DPM on the SREBT-2 line. Also using Orlistat to block FAS.

Interesting...

LucyL

Robert Morse advocates eating tropical fruit to clean out the lymphatic system which is the cause of all disease “dirty lymphatic system” I thought vacuuming them out would be easier lol

By the way , thanks for sharing what DrPeat wrote to you on Cancer.. I incorporate some of his ideas. I really love listening to his audio interviews.

I asked him about his milk recommendation, since most people have dairy at the top of their black list, and he said this
Milk can increase IGF1, but that interacts with parathyroid hormone, which is decreased by calcium and vitamin D. I think it’s protective to keep parathyroid hormone low, supplementing vitamin D and keeping the calcium/phosphate ratio fairly high.
I've found keeping the calcium/phosphate ratio high to be quite challenging (which tells me how bad my diet was before ;-)) especially when trying to also keep PUFA really low and avoiding beef that isn't organic or grass fed.... Probably there is more data on the harm of PUFA, than damage from hormones from conventionally raised beef.

Oraganic4me

I asked him about his milk recommendation, since most people have dairy at the top of their black list, and he said this
I've found keeping the calcium/phosphate ratio high to be quite challenging (which tells me how bad my diet was before ;-)) especially when trying to also keep PUFA really low and avoiding beef that isn't organic or grass fed.... Probably there is more data on the harm of PUFA, than damage from hormones from conventionally raised beef.

Wow !
Thanks for sharing his email reply...
I have nightmares about IGF1 and Cancer.
I keep thinking about the China study and injections of dairy protein in mice and watching their tumors grow, stop dairy they were cured!
Glad Dr. Peat sees it a different way.
When I was first diagnosed in 2014 my vitamin D level was below normal.. at the time of my recurrence it was still below normal. Doctors stopped checking it, when I asked him , he said well people in South America get colon cancer and it’s pretty sunny there. So I started supplementing it on my own and now my levels are amazing.
Again, so helpful hearing Dr Peats view on dairy and IGF1 ... very interesting.

LucyL

Wow !
Thanks for sharing his email reply...
I have nightmares about IGF1 and Cancer.
I keep thinking about the China study and injections of dairy protein in mice and watching their tumors grow, stop dairy they were cured!

This is a good write-up on IGFs,
Role of the Insulin-Like Growth Factor Family in Cancer Development and Progression

I don't know the answer. I give Ray a lot credibility, but that said there is an awful lot claims about milk promoting IGF-1. Still the broad reviews actually show an inverse relation between dairy intake and cancer, despite the IGF-1 increasing with dairy intake. I don't believe i could get a good calcium to phosphorus ratio without milk, so I drink organic, 1 percent. And I'm trying to study the importance of that ratio, and how it ties to control of IGF-1 via dairy.

Oraganic4me

This is a good write-up on IGFs,
Role of the Insulin-Like Growth Factor Family in Cancer Development and Progression

I don't know the answer. I give Ray a lot credibility, but that said there is an awful lot claims about milk promoting IGF-1. Still the broad reviews actually show an inverse relation between dairy intake and cancer, despite the IGF-1 increasing with dairy intake. I don't believe i could get a good calcium to phosphorus ratio without milk, so I drink organic, 1 percent. And I'm trying to study the importance of that ratio, and how it ties to control of IGF-1 via dairy.

Can’t wait to read that write up !
You made good points, thanks for helping me. I don’t know if your from the USA but they just announced that Beth Chapman from dog the bounty hunter tv show just died from complications due to cancer metastasis.
It’s a god awful disease.

LucyL

Can’t wait to read that write up !
You made good points, thanks for helping me. I don’t know if your from the USA but they just announced that Beth Chapman from dog the bounty hunter tv show just died from complications due to cancer metastasis.
It’s a god awful disease.

I had heard she had cancer. I'm sorry to hear she died. I really believe the state of response to cancer is changing though. Jane McClellands' book is the shot across the bough.

Obi-wan

Orlistat per Wikipedia

Shift towards cancer treatment[edit]
As further discussed, orlistat is a pancreatic and gastric lipase inhibitor. Orlistat is also a potent thioesterase inhibitor and therefore inhibits fatty acid synthase (FAS). Since FAS is essential for tumor cells, for its growth and survival, and is upregulated and overexpressed in variety of tumors,[19] scientists have high expectations for FAS as an oncology drug target.[20] Orlistat inhibits FAS with the same mechanism as it does with pancreatic lipase, that is by binding covalently to the active serine site.[20] This effect of orlistat as a FAS-inhibitor was first identified in a high throughput screening for enzymes with prostate cancer inhibition activity. However FAS is resistant to many cancer medicines. Orlistat sensitizes these FAS resistance cancer drugs, by inhibiting FAS.[21] There is a low FAS expression in normal tissues so the activity of orlistat on normal cells is limited. Because of the difference in FAS expression between normal cells and cancer cells, orlistat selectively targets tumor cells. Due to this FAS is a potential drug target in cancer therapy.[1

Last edited:

Obi-wan

Info on Mildronate

Physio-pharmacology[edit]

Carnitine synthesis

To ensure a continuous guarantee of energy supply, the body oxidises considerable amounts of fat besides glucose. Carnitine transports activate long-chain fatty acids (FA) from the cytosol of the cell into the mitochondrion and is therefore essential for fatty acid oxidation (known as beta oxidation). Carnitine is mainly absorbed from the diet, but can be formed through biosynthesis. To produce carnitine, lysine residues are methylated to trimethyllysine. Four enzymes are involved in the conversion of trimethyllysine and its intermediate forms into the final product of carnitine. The last of these 4 enzymes is gamma-butyrobetaine dioxygenase (GBB), which hydroxylates butyrobetaine into carnitine.

The main cardioprotective effects are mediated by the inhibition of the enzyme GBB. By subsequently inhibiting carnitine biosynthesis, fatty acid transport is reduced and the accumulation of cytotoxic intermediate products of fatty acid beta-oxidation in ischemic tissues to produce energy is prevented, therefore blocking this highly oxygen-consuming process.[4] Treatment with meldonium therefore shifts the myocardial energy metabolism from fatty acid oxidation to the more favorable oxidation of glucose, or glycolysis, under ischemic conditions. It also reduces the formation of trimethylamine N-oxide (TMAO), a product of carnitine breakdown and implicated in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis and congestive heart failure.

The carnitine shuttle system. (Red: acyl-CoA, Green: carnitine, Red+green: acylcarnitine, CoASH: coenzyme A, CPTI: carnitine palmitoyltransferase I, CPTII: carnitine palmitoyltransferase II, 1: acyl-CoA sintetase, 2: translocase, A: outer mitochondrial membrane, B: Intermembrane space, C: inner mitochondrial membrane, D: mitochondrial matrix)

In fatty acid (FA) metabolism, long chain fatty acids in the cytosol cannot cross the mitochondrial membrane because they are negatively charged. The process in which they move into the mitochondria is called the carnitine shuttle. Long chain FA are first activated via esterification with coenzyme A to produce a fatty acid-coA complex which can then cross the external mitochondrial border. The co-A is then exchanged with carnitine (via the enzyme carnitine palmitoyltransferase I) to produce a fatty acid-carnitine complex. This complex is then transported through the inner mitochondrial membrane via a transporter protein called carnitine-acylcarnitine translocase. Once inside, carnitine is liberated (catalysed by the enzyme carnitine palmitoyltransferase II) and transported back outside so the process can occur again. Acylcarnitines like palmitoylcarnitine are produced as intermediate products of the carnitine shuttle.

In the mitochondria, the effects of the carnitine shuttle are reduced by meldonium, which competitively inhibits the SLC22A5 transporter. This results in reduced transportation and metabolism of long-chain fatty acids in the mitochondria (this burden is shifted more to peroxisomes). The final effect is a decreased risk of mitochondrial injury from fatty acid oxidation and a reduction of the production of acylcarnitines, which has been implicated in the development of insulin resistance.[8][9] Because of its inhibitory effects on L-carnitine biosynthesis and its subsequent glycolytic effects as well as reduced acylcarnitine production, meldonium has been indicated for use in diabetic patients. In animal models[10] and a very small clinical trial,[11] meldonium has been shown to reduce blood glucose concentrations, exhibit cardioprotective effects and prevent or reduce the severity of diabetic complications. Long term treatment has also been shown to attenuate the development of atherosclerosis in the heart.

Fully agree. Does she have a writeup of what she did/took when she was sick? Not what she thought helped her but whatever she happened to be taking regularly at the time?
Also, does she write anywhere what cancer she had and what state it was?

She had a history of abnormal smears
And was prescribed PROGESTIN for spotting .
She said this went on for years and they were doled out like Candy

4 years later in 1998 there was a national recall of a thousands of his patients all of the women already had moderate or severe abnormalities detected by standard smear test they were sent a letter stating that they were grave concerns that the screening women giving given the all clear went on to develop cancer full stop her words I knew nothing of this at the time but became increasingly concerned when repeated visits over a year revealed worsening symptoms

haidut

Forum Supporter

LucyL

Oraganic4me

If you haven't found them yet, there are a lot of threads on the forum about milk... here are a few
Does Milk Contain Estrogen?
Milky Questions
Dairy = Essential Or Deadly?

Thanks...I read through them very interesting. However, I decided against drinking milk but I am comfortable eating raw milk cheese like Italian pecorino or manchego from Spain.... goodness life without cheese is unimaginable.
drinking liquid milk though I love the taste causes anxiety for me but eating a serving size of cheese is ok with me and my comfort level...
thanks doll.

nbznj

Expected discussions on reverse Warburg effect and such, plus a stint of keto bashing because who doesn’t like to rain on their parade, came out frustrated

Dave Clark

How about colostrum and IGF1 ? Is colostrum good or bad? Just wondering because of the growth factors, etc.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I remember hearing you on Danny Roddy telecast saying Metformin was not all it was cracked up to be in the case of Cancer.
Do you feel the same about Berberine and cancer?
Jane Mclelland talked Chris Wark (from Chris beat Cancer fame) he has always advocated a natural food approach to cancer and I was surprised he is taking berberine now, he said thanks to Jane Mclelland.
Berberine seems to be the new darling amongst Naturopathics today

Yes, I do not feel much love for berberine. It is known to drop blood sugar and increase FAO similar to metformin. In fact, some people call it the "Asian metformin" as it is isolated from the bitter melon which is so commonly used in Asian cuisines.

nbznj

I don’t really understand the metformin and berberine craze. You’re popping something that literally blocks glucose digestion, why not just skip eating the extra glucose in the first place?

Ah right, humans won’t stop eating too much and consuming. Hmmm

Oraganic4me

Yes, I do not feel much love for berberine. It is known to drop blood sugar and increase FAO similar to metformin. In fact, some people call it the "Asian metformin" as it is isolated from the bitter melon which is so commonly used in Asian cuisines.

Thank you!
I guess berberine is metformin ‘s good looking cousin.