Cancer Can Change Fuels Depending On Type?

d1d2

How’s your prostate battle going, @Obi-wan ? You haven’t posted in a while and I hope you’re doing well.

Obi-wan

The first line of defense in prostate cancer is androgen depravation with drugs that lower testosterone. PSA is a marker and when it starts to rise the second line is an androgen receptor blocker. Prostate cancer will eventually mutate and produce a AR variant that does not allow the androgen blocker to bind to the ligand. I now have this variant called AR-V7. Reading Pub med studies I find that Niclosamide and Berberbine can block this variant and allow Zytiga to work. Niclosimide is hard to get (I hard to order from Thailand). So lets see if this works as my PSA is still very high.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ndrogen_Receptor_Signaling_in_Prostate_Cancer

Berberine inhibits androgen synthesis by interaction with aldo-keto reductase 1C3 in 22Rv1 prostate cancer cells Tian Y, Zhao L, Wang Y, Zhang H, Xu D, Zhao X, Li Y, Li J - Asian J Androl

Niclosamide inhibits androgen receptor variants expression and overcomes enzalutamide resistance in castration resistant prostate cancer

Oncotarget | Niclosamide enhances abiraterone treatment via inhibition of androgen receptor variants in castration resistant prostate cancer

Last edited:

Oraganic4me

The first line of defense in prostate cancer is androgen depravation with drugs that lower testosterone. PSA is a marker and when it starts to rise the second line is an androgen receptor blocker. Prostate cancer will eventually mutate and produce a AR variant that does not allow the androgen blocker to bind to the ligand. I now have this variant called AR-V7. Reading Pub med studies I find that Niclosamide and Berberbine can block this variant and allow Zytiga to work. Niclosimide is hard to get (I hard to order from Thailand). So lets see if this works as my PSA is still very high.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/51166087_Berberine_Suppresses_Androgen_Receptor_Signaling_in_Prostate_Cancer

Berberine inhibits androgen synthesis by interaction with aldo-keto reductase 1C3 in 22Rv1 prostate cancer cells Tian Y, Zhao L, Wang Y, Zhang H, Xu D, Zhao X, Li Y, Li J - Asian J Androl

Niclosamide inhibits androgen receptor variants expression and overcomes enzalutamide resistance in castration resistant prostate cancer

Jane Mclelland said in one of her interviews that Prostate Cancer is one of the very few cancers that does very well on a Dean Ornish type diet with “no fat” at all. A friend of hers dropped his PSA doing that such diet.

Are you taking berberine ? .. I purchased a bottle from vitamin shoppe and have yet to start it. I’m a little weary of supplements. But this study is the reason I purchased it.
Berberine Inhibits Invasion and Metastasis of Colorectal Cancer Cells via COX-2/PGE2 Mediated JAK2/STAT3 Signaling Pathway

Obi-wan

Jane Mclelland said in one of her interviews that Prostate Cancer is one of the very few cancers that does very well on a Dean Ornish type diet with “no fat” at all. A friend of hers dropped his PSA doing that such diet.

Are you taking berberine ? .. I purchased a bottle from vitamin shoppe and have yet to start it. I’m a little weary of supplements. But this study is the reason I purchased it.
Berberine Inhibits Invasion and Metastasis of Colorectal Cancer Cells via COX-2/PGE2 Mediated JAK2/STAT3 Signaling Pathway

I was using a cheaper berberine supplement that was not working. I switched to Thorne and noticed a big difference.

Oraganic4me

I was using a cheaper berberine supplement that was not working. I switched to Thorne and noticed a big difference.

Fabulous news .. I hope it helps you. You sound like an amazing person. Thank you for sharing your journey it really helps us that are struggling to make sense of things. Blessings to you

d1d2

I now have this variant called AR-V7. Reading Pub med studies I find that Niclosamide and Berberbine can block this variant and allow Zytiga to work. Niclosimide is hard to get (I hard to order from Thailand). So lets see if this works as my PSA is still very high.

Sorry to hear that your PSA is still high, Obi-wan. Your research and persistence are very inspiring. I’ll check out the links that you shared. Many thanks.

sugarisgreat

@Obi

Not sure if you still post here, but wondering if you had success (weight loss, etc.) using orlistat and Mildronate together?
The logic behind it makes sense.

Physio-pharmacology[edit]

Carnitine synthesis

To ensure a continuous guarantee of energy supply, the body oxidises considerable amounts of fat besides glucose. Carnitine transports activate long-chain fatty acids (FA) from the cytosol of the cell into the mitochondrion and is therefore essential for fatty acid oxidation (known as beta oxidation). Carnitine is mainly absorbed from the diet, but can be formed through biosynthesis. To produce carnitine, lysine residues are methylated to trimethyllysine. Four enzymes are involved in the conversion of trimethyllysine and its intermediate forms into the final product of carnitine. The last of these 4 enzymes is gamma-butyrobetaine dioxygenase (GBB), which hydroxylates butyrobetaine into carnitine.

The main cardioprotective effects are mediated by the inhibition of the enzyme GBB. By subsequently inhibiting carnitine biosynthesis, fatty acid transport is reduced and the accumulation of cytotoxic intermediate products of fatty acid beta-oxidation in ischemic tissues to produce energy is prevented, therefore blocking this highly oxygen-consuming process.[4] Treatment with meldonium therefore shifts the myocardial energy metabolism from fatty acid oxidation to the more favorable oxidation of glucose, or glycolysis, under ischemic conditions. It also reduces the formation of trimethylamine N-oxide (TMAO), a product of carnitine breakdown and implicated in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis and congestive heart failure.

The carnitine shuttle system. (Red: acyl-CoA, Green: carnitine, Red+green: acylcarnitine, CoASH: coenzyme A, CPTI: carnitine palmitoyltransferase I, CPTII: carnitine palmitoyltransferase II, 1: acyl-CoA sintetase, 2: translocase, A: outer mitochondrial membrane, B: Intermembrane space, C: inner mitochondrial membrane, D: mitochondrial matrix)

In fatty acid (FA) metabolism, long chain fatty acids in the cytosol cannot cross the mitochondrial membrane because they are negatively charged. The process in which they move into the mitochondria is called the carnitine shuttle. Long chain FA are first activated via esterification with coenzyme A to produce a fatty acid-coA complex which can then cross the external mitochondrial border. The co-A is then exchanged with carnitine (via the enzyme carnitine palmitoyltransferase I) to produce a fatty acid-carnitine complex. This complex is then transported through the inner mitochondrial membrane via a transporter protein called carnitine-acylcarnitine translocase. Once inside, carnitine is liberated (catalysed by the enzyme carnitine palmitoyltransferase II) and transported back outside so the process can occur again. Acylcarnitines like palmitoylcarnitine are produced as intermediate products of the carnitine shuttle.

In the mitochondria, the effects of the carnitine shuttle are reduced by meldonium, which competitively inhibits the SLC22A5 transporter. This results in reduced transportation and metabolism of long-chain fatty acids in the mitochondria (this burden is shifted more to peroxisomes). The final effect is a decreased risk of mitochondrial injury from fatty acid oxidation and a reduction of the production of acylcarnitines, which has been implicated in the development of insulin resistance.[8][9] Because of its inhibitory effects on L-carnitine biosynthesis and its subsequent glycolytic effects as well as reduced acylcarnitine production, meldonium has been indicated for use in diabetic patients. In animal models[10] and a very small clinical trial,[11] meldonium has been shown to reduce blood glucose concentrations, exhibit cardioprotective effects and prevent or reduce the severity of diabetic complications. Long term treatment has also been shown to attenuate the development of atherosclerosis in the heart.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to say thanks to you. I was diagnosed in 2014 with stage 2-b colon cancer they told me surgery cured me and to go enjoy life. Then in 2016 It spread and I was stage 4 with metastasis to both lobes of my liver and gallbladder. After surgery and chemo, I tried Keto, then Vegan (China Study) but not feeling the euphoria these diets promoted... went to Endocrinologist because GP found nodules on my thyroid. They put me on 50 levothyroxine , That is how I discovered Ray Peat. I am trying to balance my hormones naturally. I am incorporating some of his ideas and feeling great but , when you mentioned Jane Mclelland on another post, I looked her up and I just ordered her book. I am very interested to see what she and Dr Peat agree on ,
Thank you again for mentioning her , I never heard of her.
How are you doing @Oraganic4me ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals