Canadians are in trouble

haidut

Forum Supporter

Lollipop2

Wow! Is there a full clip so I can get the context? Not that it would make his statements acceptable, but I just want to have full story just in case this gets challenged.
Some have speculated that this was voice altered. Not sure. You might want to verify it...

Peatful

Some have speculated that this was voice altered. Not sure. You might want to verify it...
Looks in sync with his jaw movements, head movements and shoulders.

This is absolutely the way they are thinking.

They don’t care.
They literally believe that evil is good. Literally.

Lollipop2

Looks in sync with his jaw movements, head movements and shoulders.

This is absolutely the way they are thinking.

They don’t care.
They literally believe that evil is good. Literally.
Thanks for the assessment! Unbelievable really - we are truly in a fight of good vs evil. I believe the evil is dying a slow death and are scrambling and pushing hard to try and hold onto their power they have enjoyed unimpeded until 2020 when everything changed for them for the worse - now it is snowballing against them.

Peatful

Thanks for the assessment! Unbelievable really - we are truly in a fight of good vs evil. I believe the evil is dying a slow death and are scrambling and pushing hard to try and hold onto their power they have enjoyed unimpeded until 2020 when everything changed for them for the worse - now it is snowballing against them.
2FE2A223-BAAD-4FD9-9138-73A74A938478.png

Nfinkelstein

Wow! Is there a full clip so I can get the context? Not that it would make his statements acceptable, but I just want to have full story just in case this gets challenged.
This clip is completely taken out of context. It is appalling that it was posted here at all. The actual context of this is found here, Trudeau is describing how the notwithstanding clause works, a quirk of Canada's constitution that allows provinces to suspend charter rights if they see fit. And incidentally he is critical of the notwithstanding clause, as was his father. I can't believe I am defending Justin, but please, don't be so gullible when people post out of context video clips.

YourUniverse

This clip is completely taken out of context. It is appalling that it was posted here at all. The actual context of this is found here, Trudeau is describing how the notwithstanding clause works, a quirk of Canada's constitution that allows provinces to suspend charter rights if they see fit. And incidentally he is critical of the notwithstanding clause, as was his father. I can't believe I am defending Justin, but please, don't be so gullible when people post out of context video clips.
He asked for context, thank you for delivering it

haidut

Forum Supporter

As the others said, that's why I asked for context. Thanks for providing the article for clarification.
Btw, regardless of what Trudeau says he is for/against, the fact that this provision is in the Constitution means he can use it if need be...which the current (pandemic) situation seems very ripe for. I guess we can't blame the politicians for using the legal tools at their disposal. We were simply lucky to have lived up until recently in times when politicians did not feel the need to resort to such "emergency" tools.
I wonder what the rationale for having such constitutional provision is/was. Sounds like the govt that passed that Chart was afraid of its subjects and thought there is a good risk of a minority turning on the govt at some point...

Last edited:

Nfinkelstein

As the others said, that's why I asked for context. Thanks for providing the article for clarification.
Btw, regardless of what Trudeau says he is for/against, the fact that this provision is in the Constitution means he can use it if need be...which the current (pandemic) situation seems very ripe for. I guess we can't blame the politicians for using the legal tools at their disposal. We were simply lucky to have lived up until recently in times when politicians did not feel the need to resort to such "emergency" tools.
I wonder what the rationale for having such constitutional provision is/was. Sounds like the govt that passed that Chart was afraid of its subjects and thought there is a good risk of a minority turning on the govt at some point...
You are right, the notwithstanding clause is a nuclear option that can be used to take away Canadians' rights, but the reason it exists at all is because Justin's father Pierre could not get the provinces to agree to accept his new constitution (back in 1982) unless he gave them the right to at will circumvent it(!). It's not likely the federal government would try to use it (they never have), it's more the provinces who are likely to use it, (it's been used already quite a few times) and it's mainly been Quebec which has used it to 'protect' its distinctly French culture.

So far in Canada the governments have been draconian with the covid crap but it has not been Australia-tier. Remaining hopeful.

Jinju

So far in Canada the governments have been draconian with the covid crap but it has not been Australia-tier. Remaining hopeful.
I admire your optimism @Nfinkelstein!
It is a sorry state of affairs when we compare the situation here to countries that are worse and say 'oh, we are not that bad'!
I have a sense of impending doom.... I try not to dwell on it but it has not been easy...

YourUniverse

Canada's laws are a little weird at times. There are many laws that could be used in extremely controlling, authoritarian ways, but just sort of aren't. Online hate speech law can be an example - written very vaguely, can be considered a criminal offense, have not heard of an indictment. There are a few more I'm forgetting.

Also, Canada does not have a constitution, Canada has a Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which does protect personal sovereignty, but since the novel coronavirus hit, unprecedented action was obviously needed

Last edited:

Drareg

These loopholes exist in most western constitutions, they know this, the right to suspend the constitution in emergency situations, this is a weakness in the constitutions, they need to be amended to include a timeframe for suspension, a referendum should be called when any extensions are needed because they are currently extending suspensions with no timeframe.

I would also be suspicious of them highlighting the point of a majority having rights over a minority as a reason to tear up the constitutions which is a globalist ambition, replace them with the UN’s constitutions which claims to champion human rights which it doesn’t, it’s a big corporate central banks constitution.

The ruling class in the west seem to be framing minority rights to suit their own agenda, the ruling class are a minority and they know this well, they pick and choose the lefty talking points, they amplify these views to create the illusion of supporting minorities when it’s their own agenda being pigeoned holed in.

Nfinkelstein

These loopholes exist in most western constitutions, they know this, the right to suspend the constitution in emergency situations, this is a weakness in the constitutions, they need to be amended
Yes and while they are at it, it would be nice to do something about expropriation (eminent domain). As it is people don't own anything ultimately. Ex - in Canada you hold your real estate as 'fee simple' --- it only feels like you own it. This type of thinking then dominoes to 'you must get the jab' because they feel the state has a right to your money and your body.