Canada to Require Vaccination Passports for Air & Train Travel Within Country

ChopSuey

I'm unfortunately Canadian and the company I currently work for has also mandated vaccines (goverment) or 3x rapid testing per week. Its insane here. Everyone at work/outside keep talking how they are proud to have the vaccine and how terrible unvacinated people are.

I'm working on my own business and will be ready to go at it full time (setting it up so I can run it from laptop anywhere in the world) but in 10 months time, not sure I can last that long, things are so crazy. Might be able to push up my timeline and leave this country.

Progesterone

I'm unfortunately Canadian and the company I currently work for has also mandated vaccines (goverment) or 3x rapid testing per week. Its insane here. Everyone at work/outside keep talking how they are proud to have the vaccine and how terrible unvacinated people are.

I'm working on my own business and will be ready to go at it full time (setting it up so I can run it from laptop anywhere in the world) but in 10 months time, not sure I can last that long, things are so crazy. Might be able to push up my timeline and leave this country.
I'm in Canada too.

You hiring?

Is the 3x testing at your own expense?

Inaut

and you need to v4xx? yikes.

how big is the company?
Quite large. One of the large outfits I’d say.

I don’t have to get vaxxed but I need to rapid test twice a week apparently if I’m not... They will be sending out another email next week I’d imagine with more details. Just curious now if we will need to pay for the tests or if the employer will cover the cost. I’m suspecting the latter (which is ok I guess (not really-). I’ve heard people throw numbers out there regarding costs and it would make coming to work almost pointless for people making less than 60k if true. Religious and medical exemptions still work which makes me think they won’t ever be able to force us, just coerce us in a drawn out way (inch by inch).

Progesterone

Quite large. One of the large outfits I’d say.

I don’t have to get vaxxed but I need to rapid test twice a week apparently if I’m not... They will be sending out another email next week I’d imagine with more details. Just curious now if we will need to pay for the tests or if the employer will cover the cost. I’m suspecting the latter (which is ok I guess (not really-). I’ve heard people throw numbers out there regarding costs and it would make coming to work almost pointless for people making less than 60k if true. Religious and medical exemptions still work which makes me think they won’t ever be able to force us, just coerce us in a drawn out way (inch by inch).

Wait.... you can opt out by saying it's against your religious beliefs?????????????

ilovethesea

Toronto Police Union against mandatory vaxx.
Maybe a setup so if there's not enough local police they have an excuse to send in the UN and enact martial law? There was a video going around of UN trucks spotted in Toronto area.. I met someone a couple weeks ago who saw them with his own eyes, he works nearby. The UN troops would have no qualms about doing things to us that native Canadian soldiers would refuse to do.

Birdie

Scott Mason:

The question I would ask Canadians and our politicians is: What sort of nation is being preserved when fundamental civil liberties have been cast aside and the inviolability of conscience has been despoiled as a medical necessity, a casualty of war? What sort of country will we return to, and what will our children inherit when the freedoms our Charter calls “fundamental” give way to appeals to what is safe, or politic, or popular, rather than what is right?

Last edited:

J.R.K

Scott Mason:

The question I would ask Canadians and our politicians is: What sort of nation is being preserved when fundamental civil liberties have been cast aside and the inviolability of conscience has been despoiled as a medical necessity, a casualty of war? What sort of country will we return to, and what will our children inherit when the freedoms our Charter calls “fundamental” give way to appeals to what is safe, or politic, or popular, rather than what is right?
The one statement that I will challenge in this piece is the statement,”the Pfizer vaccine is now fully approved in the United States”. This is a play on words, this investigational vaccine is still operating under the EUA approval, the only thing that has changed is that the product is now referred to as Cominarty and they can market it. But it is NOT fully approved, but I know a friend of mine whose girlfriend took her thirteen year old son to get vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine based upon the news that it was fully approved, I hope the media can live with themselves for this gross misconduct.
Regarding the quote.This is a fundamental question that we Canadians need to ask, the waking up has been slow but it is showing signs of momentum. It is hard to watch the ones that go along to get along and the parallels of this attitude and the old documentaries of the Nazis loading the cattle cars with passengers being sent to their demise without resistance is eerily familiar, but the questions of the investigational vaccines or the gas chambers, will the result be the same? Time will tell, but this fight I agree we must draw the line in the sand, hold it and hold those that try to move it or force us to back down accountable at all costs.
But not just Canadians all of us who are being coerced.

Birdie

The one statement that I will challenge in this piece is the statement,”the Pfizer vaccine is now fully approved in the United States”. This is a play on words, this investigational vaccine is still operating under the EUA approval, the only thing that has changed is that the product is now referred to as Cominarty and they can market it. But it is NOT fully approved, but I know a friend of mine whose girlfriend took her thirteen year old son to get vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine based upon the news that it was fully approved, I hope the media can live with themselves for this gross misconduct.
Regarding the quote.This is a fundamental question that we Canadians need to ask, the waking up has been slow but it is showing signs of momentum. It is hard to watch the ones that go along to get along and the parallels of this attitude and the old documentaries of the Nazis loading the cattle cars with passengers being sent to their demise without resistance is eerily familiar, but the questions of the investigational vaccines or the gas chambers, will the result be the same? Time will tell, but this fight I agree we must draw the line in the sand, hold it and hold those that try to move it or force us to back down accountable at all costs.
But not just Canadians all of us who are being coerced.
Hi J. I posted an article about the approval today in a couple of threads. I am so sorry to hear about your friend's girlfriend and son. I bet a lot are doing that. Makes me so mad.
As I recall, one Pfizer is approved, the Cominarty that you mentioned. But Pfizer has a whole lot of the un-approved one. There isn't enough of the Cominarty available and they will use the other which is still under EUA.

The article says Pfizer wants to use the one under the EUA because under the approved one, they have more liability. If they used the Cominarty there would be greater liability, huge compensations for death/injury. This fits in with what you were saying about it's not being a FULL approval.

Back
Top Bottom