Canada to Require Vaccination Passports for Air & Train Travel Within Country

kaydeegee

Sigh.

While this article's headline focuses on "federal public servants," if you scroll down to the bottom half of the article you'll see the new rules coming forward for anyone who wants to travel from province-to-province within Canada.

"Starting soon, all commercial air travellers and passengers on interprovincial trains and large marine vessels with overnight accommodations (such as cruise ships) will have to be vaccinated, Alghabra said. He said accommodations will be made for "those few who are unable to be vaccinated," such as testing and screening."

I knew this was coming, but it still feels unreal.

In places like Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand, and the UK people think "oh we have a democracy" so they let down their guard and look what happens.

OP
K

kaydeegee

In places like Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand, and the UK people think "oh we have a democracy" so they let down their guard and look what happens.

While social media is flooded with people proudly wishing ill-will onto those who made a different medical decision than they have... And believing they're righteous for it </3 What an absolute mess.

the only good part is that the vaccine myth is failing much quicker than I ever expected...people with vaccines are filling up the hospitals and they are saying that another booster will be needed yada yada...and you have to wear masks in any event...

At this stage in the USA vax rates are about 51% and I doubt they will go much higher. So that's an awful lot of people who do NOT want the vaccine.

Vinny

the only good part is that the vaccine myth is failing much quicker than I ever expected...people with vaccines are filling up the hospitals and they are saying that another booster will be needed yada yada...and you have to wear masks in any event...

At this stage in the USA vax rates are about 51% and I doubt they will go much higher. So that's an awful lot of people who do NOT want the vaccine.
true

Seven

Sigh.

While this article's headline focuses on "federal public servants," if you scroll down to the bottom half of the article you'll see the new rules coming forward for anyone who wants to travel from province-to-province within Canada.

"Starting soon, all commercial air travellers and passengers on interprovincial trains and large marine vessels with overnight accommodations (such as cruise ships) will have to be vaccinated, Alghabra said. He said accommodations will be made for "those few who are unable to be vaccinated," such as testing and screening."

I knew this was coming, but it still feels unreal.

There are actually two decisions as reported by CityNews minutes ago:

The first:

Canada to mandate COVID-19 vaccines for all federal public employees
The Canadian government announced on Friday that it will mandate COVID-19 vaccines for all federal public employees.

It is also calling on Crown corporations to follow suit.

The government is targetting implementation in early fall of 2021.

The second:

Canada to mandate vaccines for all commercial air passengers​

The federal government says it will require COVID-19 vaccinations for all commercial air passengers, as well as travellers on interprovincial rail and large marine vessels.
Employees in the federally regulated transport sector will also have to be vaccinated.
The new measures are expected to take effect no later than the end of October.

In addition, Trudeau is seeking a snap election on September 20 to ride on his "popular" pseudo vaccine decisions.

OP
K

kaydeegee

There are actually two decisions as reported by CityNews minutes ago:

The first:

Canada to mandate COVID-19 vaccines for all federal public employees
The Canadian government announced on Friday that it will mandate COVID-19 vaccines for all federal public employees.

It is also calling on Crown corporations to follow suit.

The government is targetting implementation in early fall of 2021.

The second:

Canada to mandate vaccines for all commercial air passengers​

The federal government says it will require COVID-19 vaccinations for all commercial air passengers, as well as travellers on interprovincial rail and large marine vessels.
Employees in the federally regulated transport sector will also have to be vaccinated.
The new measures are expected to take effect no later than the end of October.

In addition, Trudeau is seeking a snap election on September 20 to ride on his "popular" pseudo vaccine decisions.

Thanks for making this distinction clear, @Seven. The election situation is fascinating, too. These are wild times indeed.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

johnsmith

I know a news reporter who just did a news story about this. He said he couldn't find a single person in the airport (who disagreed with this new air travel policy) to speak into the camera because they were all afraid of being persecuted for their opinion. His story only included people who were all for it, and they were very easy to find.

Last edited:

Rick K

OP
K

kaydeegee

Oh indeed. People are grumbling more than ever.
Is there any significant resistance in Canada?
LOL.

No.

Most want this.

@Lord Cola I see a mix of both @Rick K and @Progesterone 's points, honestly! Lots of (hushed-toned) grumbling, but nothing really seems to come from those complaints, except more complaining. Plus, for every one person who voices the opinion that mandates are wrong, there are two people waiting to crucify them for having that opinion. Hostility abound.

Rick K

@Lord Cola I see a mix of both @Rick K and @Progesterone 's points, honestly! Lots of (hushed-toned) grumbling, but nothing really seems to come from those complaints, except more complaining. Plus, for every one person who voices the opinion that mandates are wrong, there are two people waiting to crucify them for having that opinion. Hostility abound.
The Canadian way is to apologize for everything and not make a fuss. Unfortunately for the nazis running the show here, I lived in the States for 28 years and indeed make a big fuss.

OP
K

kaydeegee

I know a news reporter who just did a news story about this. He said he couldn't find a single person in the airport (who disagreed with this new air travel policy) to speak into the camera because they were all afraid of being persecuted for their opinion. His story only included people who were all for it, and they were very easy to find.

Ha! The fears of the disagree-ers are probably valid, sadly. It's a tough time to have a different opinion than the majority, never mind voicing it on live TV. I would have applauded anyone who did, though <3

Pistachio

The Sovietization of the West in preparation for World Communism ruled out of the East.

D

des yeux

Even Alberta has backtracked on their decision to ease restrictions... what a shame. Is there any sensible place left in Canada?

Back
Top Bottom