Can Young Men (age Between 18-30) Benefit From Taking Pregnenolone, If Their Metabolism Is Good?

baccheion

It would be better to fix any underlying/HPA issues. On the other hand, pregnenolone is fairly tame/harmless.

Mauritio

Could well be. I saw somewhere the oxidal lowers lactic acid by increasing co2. Red eyes related to lactic acid?
Its probably all connected . Stress shifts you from oxdidative metabolism to glycolysis , which creates less ATP lower CO2 and is bad for the liver. I think CO2 has the most systemic benefts you can imagine and thus would be good for all organs including liver.
I might try some Oxidal myself...

EDIT: Just found this . So the liver theory is kind of growing on me.
Methylene Blue (MB) Reverses Fatty Liver Disease

Last edited:

Mauritio

It would be better to fix any underlying/HPA issues. On the other hand, pregnenolone is fairly tame/harmless.
And how would you do that ?

Steene

Yes I find DHEA very anabolic. Don't forget that DHEA is a cortisol antagonist. Cortisol is the ultimate catabolic hormone because it converts muscle tissue to sugar. Anything that opposes cortisol is anabolic.

I never found DHEA or pregnenolone to be anabolic at all. Took it for one year straight and if anything it hinders my gains to be honest. The cortisol suppression is mostly too strong and with low cortisol you wont perform in sports. In theory everything sounds fine and logical but in reality it doesn't hold its promises. Only take moderate dosages if you know you have high cortisol and its a problem for you. Low and moderate low cortisol will make you weak.

Vinero

I never found DHEA or pregnenolone to be anabolic at all. Took it for one year straight and if anything it hinders my gains to be honest. The cortisol suppression is mostly too strong and with low cortisol you wont perform in sports. In theory everything sounds fine and logical but in reality it doesn't hold its promises. Only take moderate dosages if you know you have high cortisol and its a problem for you. Low and moderate low cortisol will make you weak.
So you claim that cortisol can increase your gains? I don't see how that is possible as cortisol breaks down muscle tissue to convert it to sugar. I agree cortisol can give you energy as it increases blood sugar by breaking down muscle tissue. DHEA and pregnenolone stop this process and allow your muscles to grow and repair normally instead of breaking it down.

Steene

It helps to perform better and progressively getting stronger. Thats the most important part in getting gains along side with a slight caloric surplus. As long as your cortisol doesn't stay elevated or even rise after training everything is fine. Lowering cortisol in the evening has its advantages and is favourable (so you can reap its anti-catabolic benefits), but definitely not during the day when you have to do physical labour or training.

Vinero

It helps to perform better and progressively getting stronger. Thats the most important part in getting gains along side with a slight caloric surplus. As long as your cortisol doesn't stay elevated or even rise after training everything is fine. Lowering cortisol in the evening has its advantages and is favourable (so you can reap its anti-catabolic benefits), but definitely not during the day when you have to do physical labour or training.
In an ideal world you wouldn't need cortisol at all during the day, even when doing physical labour or training. The energy produced by having high thyroid function will sustain your activities. Also, I am not 100 % sure if getting stronger is the most important factor for muscle gains. Another theory is that adding more volume and getting a good "pump" will lead to muscle gains. I have been using the latter approach the last few months, and have made considerable gains. But that may also be because I just started lifting and everybody gains muscle fast when they first start lifting.

Mauritio

I’d like to know about this too. I get flushed easily (red faced like I’m embarrassed, but I’m not, lasts a few hours sometimes).

While I was using methylene blue (oxidal) low dose it never happened. Waiting on it to arrive so I can test again.

Recently I’ve been using pregnenolone low dose and aspirin, and I’ve been flushing around midday for approx 1 hour. No issues outside of that.

I think this quotes from RP explains it perfectly . So you were not mistaken when you say Oxidal diminished the flush . Since NO causes dilation of blood vessels which leads to flushing and sweating. And Oxidal opposes NO.

"Stress-related problems such as asthma are usually worse at night, with increased NO production at that time. In healthy people (Antosova, et al., 2009), the peak of NO production follows the peak of cortisol production, high in the morning, low in the evening, but the diurnal cycle probably becomes exaggerated with aging."

Runenight201

I start sweating and my face gets red .
This could be inflammation because of cortisol suppression from Pansterone , but I dont get that to that extent from Andro.
I did get this from antibiotics however (dont remember which ones) - It was really characteristic: morning and midday: fine. Afternoon and evening : bad.
I should look if there are some daytime fluctuations of cortisol or inflammation in generell as some patients have told me their pain and inflammation is worse in the afternoon or evening.

Flushing could also be a sign of improper food consumption, which results in an inflammatory response in the body. At least that’s always the case for me. Even if I wasn’t in a stressful environment, I would get heated, oily, and start sweating. If I was placed in a stressful environment...oh boy I’d look like a mess.

Paying attention to my stomach more and making sure I don’t eat foods that bloat, digest poorly, or fatigue after eating has helped immensely in minimizing flushing episodes for me.

In an ideal world you wouldn't need cortisol at all during the day, even when doing physical labour or training. The energy produced by having high thyroid function will sustain your activities. Also, I am not 100 % sure if getting stronger is the most important factor for muscle gains. Another theory is that adding more volume and getting a good "pump" will lead to muscle gains. I have been using the latter approach the last few months, and have made considerable gains. But that may also be because I just started lifting and everybody gains muscle fast when they first start lifting.

I’ve been working out in some capacity my whole life (soccer player), and started lifting weights when I was 16, with ***t progress until about a month ago, when I figured out my diet and now my strength gains are miles above what I achieved in the years prior to a correct diet. My muscles were always soft, even when I was lean, and then I got fat, so I was bloated and weak. I’m currently undergoing a complete body transformation of losing my stomach fat and getting stronger every day, with denser, harder muscles than I’ve ever experienced in my entire life. If I had known now what I had known at 16, I prolly could of played professional soccer :( but that dreams gone (although I do think elite athletics is an overtly stressful lifestyle, so maybe it’s for the best)

1) you can certainly lose fat and gain strength at the same time
2)if your diet isn’t right, resistance training can at best be a waste of time and at worst be detrimental to health.
3) correcting the diet and exercising results in very high levels of health, sense of well-being, confidence, and drive

I do suspect that my pansterone usage is helping with the density and hardening of my muscles, and i really, really enjoy it’s use. I’m a 24 yr old male for reference, and I never felt anything from androsterone like I do pansterone. Anyone know any long term complications with its use? Because I don’t really want to stop...I use about 4-8 drops a day on my wrists, neck, chest, and testicles, feels good man =P

Mauritio

Flushing could also be a sign of improper food consumption, which results in an inflammatory response in the body. At least that’s always the case for me. Even if I wasn’t in a stressful environment, I would get heated, oily, and start sweating. If I was placed in a stressful environment...oh boy I’d look like a mess.

Paying attention to my stomach more and making sure I don’t eat foods that bloat, digest poorly, or fatigue after eating has helped immensely in minimizing flushing episodes for me.

I’ve been working out in some capacity my whole life (soccer player), and started lifting weights when I was 16, with ***t progress until about a month ago, when I figured out my diet and now my strength gains are miles above what I achieved in the years prior to a correct diet. My muscles were always soft, even when I was lean, and then I got fat, so I was bloated and weak. I’m currently undergoing a complete body transformation of losing my stomach fat and getting stronger every day, with denser, harder muscles than I’ve ever experienced in my entire life. If I had known now what I had known at 16, I prolly could of played professional soccer :( but that dreams gone (although I do think elite athletics is an overtly stressful lifestyle, so maybe it’s for the best)

1) you can certainly lose fat and gain strength at the same time
2)if your diet isn’t right, resistance training can at best be a waste of time and at worst be detrimental to health.
3) correcting the diet and exercising results in very high levels of health, sense of well-being, confidence, and drive

I do suspect that my pansterone usage is helping with the density and hardening of my muscles, and i really, really enjoy it’s use. I’m a 24 yr old male for reference, and I never felt anything from androsterone like I do pansterone. Anyone know any long term complications with its use? Because I don’t really want to stop...I use about 4-8 drops a day on my wrists, neck, chest, and testicles, feels good man =P

It might really well be. I figured out that flushings involves NO in the body. And NO and serotonin always go hand in hand. Serotonin however is realeased when your gut is irritated , which as you said may come from improper food consumption. So I will keep an eye on that. Oxidal might help as well since its anti-NO.

Runenight201

It might really well be. I figured out that flushings involves NO in the body. And NO and serotonin always go hand in hand. Serotonin however is realeased when your gut is irritated , which as you said may come from improper food consumption. So I will keep an eye on that. Oxidal might help as well since its anti-NO.

Interesting...when I’m 100% in control over my food intake I’ll never get the flush, but this can only happen if I sit at home all day and let the world pass me by =P

It could be interesting to try out Oxidal as an anti-flush measure from consuming inappropriate foods due to me being out and about. I’m not in in the financial state right now to be buying supplements, but I’ll keep this idea in my back pocket to try out once I have the means. If you try out Oxidal for anti-flush, I wouldn’t mind hearing a report back about it :)

xetawaves

Are there any chances of pregnenolone worsening male hair loss? I bought some and I’m eager to try it but I’m very hesitant. I have read that hair loss can be a side effect.

Runenight201

Well if preg is supposed to lower cortisol and cortisol is the main driver behind hairloss than I see it only helping and not hurting hair loss.

Scenes

Are there any chances of pregnenolone worsening male hair loss? I bought some and I’m eager to try it but I’m very hesitant. I have read that hair loss can be a side effect.
Preg and aspirin thickened my hair when I used to do it. 5 drops stressnon, 300mg aspirin anytime after.

Mauritio

Interesting...when I’m 100% in control over my food intake I’ll never get the flush, but this can only happen if I sit at home all day and let the world pass me by =P

It could be interesting to try out Oxidal as an anti-flush measure from consuming inappropriate foods due to me being out and about. I’m not in in the financial state right now to be buying supplements, but I’ll keep this idea in my back pocket to try out once I have the means. If you try out Oxidal for anti-flush, I wouldn’t mind hearing a report back about it :)

I already ordered Oxidal, should be here by tomorrow. Someone else I talked with already tried Oxidal and said he wasnt flushing on it. Only then I got the idea that it migth be reducing NO , which it actually does. So there is already n=1 for oxidal and the (afternoon) flush :)
You might be able to find that conversation . I think it was this thread .

Mauritio

Preg actually makes my hair better.
I am pretty sure that high prolactin, estrogen and serotonin/NO cause hair loss at least thats the case for me after experimenting for years ...

xetawaves

So I've been taking 25mg or preg everyday for a few days now and it seems to be making me shed pretty bad. Is this normal? Any ideas?

Mauritio

So I've been taking 25mg or preg everyday for a few days now and it seems to be making me shed pretty bad. Is this normal? Any ideas?
Dosage might be too high. What also works for me is to take it with an aromatase Inhibitor other than preg itself.

aquaman

I started taking prep powder (50mg) 3/4 months ago, noticed a benefit for a Month, and nothing since.