Can You Take An Aspirin Right After Drinking Alcohol?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5487

If I am drinking some alcohol and want some aspirin before going to sleep. Can I take one while still drunk?

Would it hurt to pop a pill minutes before heading home?

Makrosky

I do it sometimes, no problem. If I drank too much then I use another combo : 600mg NAC, B-Vitamins, 1 gram Vitamin C. Eases the hangover a lot.

biggirlkisss

some people take valium then get drunk I wonder how more dangerous that is then alcohol alone?

Steene

I do it sometimes, no problem. If I drank too much then I use another combo : 600mg NAC, B-Vitamins, 1 gram Vitamin C. Eases the hangover a lot.

NAC does the opposite if you use it after drinking alcohol. If you want to have a protective function then you must ingest it before drinking!

Makrosky

NAC does the opposite if you use it after drinking alcohol. If you want to have a protective function then you must ingest it before drinking!
Hmm... Why you say that? My experience is the following :
- If I take it before it's counterproductive because I have to drink more to get drunk.
- If I take it as soon as I get back home while still drunk, then it eases the hangover
- If I take it the day after... I don't remember what happens LOL I think it's not effective that's why I learned to take it before bed

For me, I find that drinking roughly half the amount of alcohol in water prevents hangovers. So, 2 glasses of wine would be 1 glass of water. However, when it's something fairly modest like 2 glasses of wine I don't need the water -- the ratio comes into play for higher amounts of alcohol. But I also take Energin and vitamin C when I can, too.

“Artichokes can also be beneficial after a night of drinking. Although there isn’t a lot of scientific data on this use, some individuals swear by eating artichokes or taking artichoke extract in order to ease the aftermath of alcohol. One reason may be the high levels of vitamin B6 in the artichoke counteract the depletion that drinking alcohol causes.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals