Can You Reprogram The Body To Make Less Aromatase Enzyme?

TreasureVibe

Hey there. As the title states, my question is, is it in fact possible to rewire the body to make less aromatase enzyme, so less testosterone gets converted to estrogen?

And this ofcourse without having to use a aromatase inhibitor permanently.

I am very interested in your suggestions!

Thanks.

Andman

well, thats the big question..not too long ago id have said PSMF until desired bf% is achieved, but its a very stressful and non-peaty way to do it

supposedly optimizing metabolism will lead to slower but healthier fat loss, although i cant say that ive seen convincing evidence for that unfortunately

Vinero

Increase your muscle mass.
Muscles are a source of androgens.
Just like fat tissue is a source of estrogen.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

well, thats the big question..not too long ago id have said PSMF until desired bf% is achieved, but its a very stressful and non-peaty way to do it

supposedly optimizing metabolism will lead to slower but healthier fat loss, although i cant say that ive seen convincing evidence for that unfortunately
Literally no supplement though?

lampofred

An ASAP, no-cost way to do it would be to breathe less. I'm actually going to start putting cotton in my nose. Hypoxia strongly increases androgen receptor binding, prevents the formation of the aromatase enzyme, and actually destroys estrogen receptors. I just found this out this morning after reading studies. Amazing we have such a powerful tool at no cost and no wonder Peat says high altitude can basically cure anything if you go high enough.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Estrogen is high due to something not right in the body, and so is the aromatase. Haidut said that if you use, say androsterone, to increase your DHT, your DHT will stay high due to it increasing it's own synthesis. Same with estrogen, it increases it's own synthesis. The liver is responsible for detoxing estrogen, so if it's not working properly, estrogen will stay high, and so will the aromatase.
Also, if you have inflammation present in the body you'll struggle to lower estrogen. So I'd say, start with eliminating your nutritional deficiencies, optimize thyroid function, cleanse the gut, fix the liver, lose fat and get your androgens high, such as DHT (which inhibits the aromatase).
Androsterone may be highly beneficial here in the short and long term, as it's thyroid mimicking, aids in organ healing/regeneration, inhibits the aromatase, increases DHT etc. Andro is not the one answer here, but can be very helpful in the process. And once your desired state has been reached, the dose can be reduced and the supplement removed completely if you wish.

YourUniverse

An ASAP, no-cost way to do it would be to breathe less. I'm actually going to start putting cotton in my nose. Hypoxia strongly increases androgen receptor binding, prevents the formation of the aromatase enzyme, and actually destroys estrogen receptors. I just found this out this morning after reading studies. Amazing we have such a powerful tool at no cost and no wonder Peat says high altitude can basically cure anything if you go high enough.
A month ago I started solely nose-breathing, no matter what, especially during exercise - what a difference. Feel so much more calm, fall asleep easier, my buteyko CP improved by 7 seconds - not bad

YourUniverse

Thanks, so what would be the quickest way to get rid of fat? Also, any supplement that helps burn fat?
The quickest way to lose fat is to burn a ton of calories and eat way less, but this is stress-promoting and not really advised on these boards.

Peat's thoughts on weight loss include: limit starch/insulin (focus on sugars), increase calcium intake, increase vitamin D intake, and deplete PUFA.

These boards' general weight-loss indications are: use or increase use of mitochondrial uncouplers, such as caffeine, aspirin, vitamin E, vitamin K, sugar, and a bit of saturated fat; fascilitating liver health is also recommended, with caffeine, vitamin K, and saturated fat (I like that both recommendations coincide).

There has been lots of talk about countering estrogen, with aspirin, vitamin E, low/depleted PUFA and a healthy liver for estrogen detox. I second the notion of losing body fat to lower aromatase, and lowering PUFA along the way and henceforth.

EDIT: Im not sure, but perhaps increasing 5-AR would limit aromatase, or else have estrogen-antagonizing action? To my knowledge 5ar turns testosterone into DHT, so enhanced 5ar could lead to less testosterone available for aromatization? Someone with better biology could maybe further that idea

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

The quickest way to lose fat is to burn a ton of calories and eat way less, but this is stress-promoting and not really advised on these boards.

Peat's thoughts on weight loss include: limit starch/insulin (focus on sugars), increase calcium intake, increase vitamin D intake, and deplete PUFA.

These boards' general weight-loss indications are: use or increase use of mitochondrial uncouplers, such as caffeine, aspirin, vitamin E, vitamin K, sugar, and a bit of saturated fat; fascilitating liver health is also recommended, with caffeine, vitamin K, and saturated fat (I like that both recommendations coincide).

There has been lots of talk about countering estrogen, with aspirin, vitamin E, low/depleted PUFA and a healthy liver for estrogen detox. I second the notion of losing body fat to lower aromatase, and lowering PUFA along the way and henceforth.

EDIT: Im not sure, but perhaps increasing 5-AR would limit aromatase, or else have estrogen-antagonizing action? To my knowledge 5ar turns testosterone into DHT, so enhanced 5ar could lead to less testosterone available for aromatization? Someone with better biology could maybe further that idea
Thanks!

Bump!

Arrade

I would think increasing DHT, since it competes with estrogen would help. Lowering estrogen with K or E Vitamins.
Reach and maintain a low body fat, like 8-12%.
Mk4 can be dosed high, all the way up to 135 mg, and that changes how the body uses estrogen

Ron J

I would think increasing DHT, since it competes with estrogen would help. Lowering estrogen with K or E Vitamins.
Reach and maintain a low body fat, like 8-12%.
Mk4 can be dosed high, all the way up to 135 mg, and that changes how the body uses estrogen
I actually want to attempt what OP is asking with an AI(not from using DHT), after reading RisingSun's comment here: Proviron Is Curing My PFS Symptoms But Need Some Help

Arrade

I actually want to attempt what OP is asking with an AI(not from using DHT), after reading RisingSun's comment here: Proviron Is Curing My PFS Symptoms But Need Some Help
AIs might be too strong. If you have no sex drive or your joints hurt you lowered the estrogen too much.
It's worth a shot, it would be an extremely effective method of reducing aromatase enzymes and eventually their expression.
I like aromasin (exemestane) a lot, start at 6.25 mg. Take one with fats because its fat soluble.
See if you don't have the above sides. You can figure out to take it ED or once a week, whatever works

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I plan on trying androsterone with progesterone, to lower tissue estrogen.

Androsterone is nearly identical to aromasin/exemestane, yet is a natural occuring metabolite in the body.

Arrade

I tried progesterone and I felt it was anti-androgen. I’ll look into androsterone

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I tried progesterone and I felt it was anti-androgen. I’ll look into androsterone
Androsterone - Wikipedia

Exemestane - Wikipedia

Compare the skeletal formula of the two. Nearly identical. Androsterone was used before by doctors for AI therapy. Check @haidut's threads on it:

Androsterone - A Potent Steroidal Aromatase Inhibitor
Androsterone - A Potent Anxiolytic, Sedative, And Anti-convulsant Neurosteroid
Androsterone - Liquid Androsterone For Lab/R&D

Among more.

Progesterone on it's own can be anti-androgen when dosed too high in males (which is quite fast), 5 mg DHEA reportedly diminishes this effect, or usage of an androgen, like androsterone in this case.

Arrade

Androsterone - Wikipedia

Exemestane - Wikipedia

Compare the skeletal formula of the two. Nearly identical. Androsterone was used before by doctors for AI therapy. Check Haidut's threads on it:

Androsterone - A Potent Steroidal Aromatase Inhibitor
Androsterone - A Potent Anxiolytic, Sedative, And Anti-convulsant Neurosteroid
Androsterone - Liquid Androsterone For Lab/R&D

Among more.

Progesterone on it's own can be anti-androgen when dosed too high in males (which is quite fast), 5 mg DHEA reportedly diminishes this effect, or usage of an androgen, like androsterone in this case.
Thanks for linking

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals