Can you permanently suppress TSH with thyroid medicatios?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Conversion of T4 to T3 happens in the liver.
yes my enzymes get easily elevated, I now know how to lower them easily but they are elevated because of hypo in the first place
but I don't really see hypothyroidism as something you recover from
Does it probably depend on how severe is the case? but first thing first i need to start tolerating meds and sort all of my symptoms huhuhu

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I am like that too, the use of T3 makes my free T3 high but I still have more symptoms of hypothyroidism.
Seems like there are many potential causes for this... in most cases, it seems that its due to suboptimal cortisol, or even better, how about there multiple reasons for the supplemental thyroid to accumulate in the blood unused? in my case, i believe its suboptimal cortisol and high rt3, but god knows if there is another factor involved, just hoping that once you tolerate some thyroid it starts healing stuff, and with the time you can increase dosage until all the symptoms resolve.

@mostlylurking do you know any good place to do propper tailored blood testing in the UK? i wish i could do rt3, some minerals, etc, i wish there is a place that you go to, order some tests, pay for them and that's it.

mostlylurking

yes my enzymes get easily elevated, I now know how to lower them easily but they are elevated because of hypo in the first place

Does it probably depend on how severe is the case? but first thing first i need to start tolerating meds and sort all of my symptoms huhuhu
Learning what caused the hypo would be helpful. I'm pretty sure mine is from heavy metal toxicity. I've been chelated (EDTA via IV, over a hundred IV's since 1994). I'm as detoxed as I can get. I could not tolerate any more chelation and reacted very badly the last time I tried (2014). So for me, I must supplement for my hypothyroidism.

You're right of course about many people not needing to continue with supplementation. Ray Peat has said that for some people a single dose of thyroid supplement can be enough to get things working again. Addressing the original cause of the hypothyroidism would help. However, many people simply need to supplement and shouldn't feel guilty or wrong for just supplementing. Thyroid hormone used to be available in the food supply via things like chicken necks and fish heads. The FDA made it illegal to include it in food so now we can't get any except via supplementation.

I have heard Dr. Chandler Marrs say that the thyroid gland is the canary in the coalmine; it is the first to go when there is a problem. Her talk was about thiamine deficiency and issues that it causes. I'm working on addressing my long term thiamine deficiency now; perhaps it will help my thyroid issue too. I've learned that heavy metal toxicity increases the need for a lot more thiamine. Heavy metal/environmental toxins > thiamine needs increased > hypothyroidism. Probably. In my case.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Can supplemental thyroid medication enlarge your lymph nodes?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals