Can You Have Serotonin Syndrome Naturally - Without It Being From Drugs?

DMF

My hellish insomnia & anxiety won't lift - even after trying trazadone, then ativan - each both once.
'Not a medication user myself but was/still desperate to resort to anything.
My entire digestive tract feels inflamed (no appetite) and because so much serotonin resides there, perhaps I've too much of it?
What could I do?

mostlylurking

My hellish insomnia & anxiety won't lift - even after trying trazadone, then ativan - each both once.
'Not a medication user myself but was/still desperate to resort to anything.
My entire digestive tract feels inflamed (no appetite) and because so much serotonin resides there, perhaps I've too much of it?
What could I do?
I'm not saying that this is the ONLY thing that causes serotonin problems but thiamine deficiency does cause increased serotonin in the brain because thiamine is needed to lower serotonin. see this: Effect of thiamine deficiency on brain serotonin turnover - PubMed
also: Serotonin Syndrome and Thiamine: Is There a Connection? - Hormones Matter

Thiamine is needed (along with magnesium) to normalize digestive tract function.
links: Thiamine Deficiency - A Potential Cause of SIBO and other Gut Dysfunction?

Serotonin is released in the gut for the slightest provocation including just drinking a large glass of water which will stretch the gut with its volume (per Ray Peat). Thiamine deficiency causes inflammation. It makes sense (to me at least) that if the gut is healthy (and not inflamed) then the problems with the gut (and the serotonin that's made there) will normalize. Thiamine and magnesium both are important.

There's also this: https://www.scirp.org/Journal/PaperInformation.aspx?paperID=7555
and this: Depression, Anxiety, and the Chronically Hypoxic Brain - Hormones Matter

OP
D

DMF

I'm not saying that this is the ONLY thing that causes serotonin problems but thiamine deficiency does cause increased serotonin in the brain because thiamine is needed to lower serotonin. see this: Effect of thiamine deficiency on brain serotonin turnover - PubMed
also: Serotonin Syndrome and Thiamine: Is There a Connection? - Hormones Matter

Thiamine is needed (along with magnesium) to normalize digestive tract function.
links: Thiamine Deficiency - A Potential Cause of SIBO and other Gut Dysfunction?

Serotonin is released in the gut for the slightest provocation including just drinking a large glass of water which will stretch the gut with its volume (per Ray Peat). Thiamine deficiency causes inflammation. It makes sense (to me at least) that if the gut is healthy (and not inflamed) then the problems with the gut (and the serotonin that's made there) will normalize. Thiamine and magnesium both are important.

There's also this: https://www.scirp.org/Journal/PaperInformation.aspx?paperID=7555
and this: Depression, Anxiety, and the Chronically Hypoxic Brain - Hormones Matter
So many factors - endless array of dietary, hormonal, psychic causes that it's almost impossible to know where to start.
Thiamine huh? Others say glycine - vitamin D - whatever...??

supercoolguy

So many factors - endless array of dietary, hormonal, psychic causes that it's almost impossible to know where to start.
Gelatin is high in glycine. Make sure its a good brand, that rap from Brazil is garbage IMExp.
Thiamine sounds promising, but ive never tried it directly. Cant go wrong with some Vit D & Sunshine.

Things That have help me Clear-Tone-Strengthen my gut are,
#1 Properly prepared Carrot Salad w/Ginger, ACV & EVOO Served in Between Meals. 3-10days consecutive.
#2 No Starches, Anything Flour, Bread, Pasta, Potato, Rice, Grains ect. No Nuts as They Irritate the gut!
#3 Fresh Made Tea from Aged Cascara Sagrada Whole Bark & Honey, WoW! (Ginger Tea w/Honey & Lemon has helped too)

Start small and build up, but Keep at it.
I would NOT do 1 & 3 together. Separate those campaigns. Save that combo for when you declare war.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

Thiamine. If you are deficient or have a functional thiamine blockage, nothing can work properly. A problem with thiamine throws a ringer into mitochondrial function. Even If you have plenty of thyroid function but you have no thiamine, you cannot make ATP which is the energy which runs the body. Your digestive tract can't work if you are deficient in thiamine. Your brain can't work either. Everything gets messed up because all body functions require energy (ATP) on the cellular level to operate.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1-dXJCYVIM

Dr. B

that seems to make sense. a plain glass of water, especially tap water, would likely boost serotonin anyway due to all the toxic stuff in it.
but it also seems even if youre eating healthy food or drinks, if you attempt to stuff too much food or liquid it could boost serotonin. arent there some old school advices about not over stuffing yourself.

Nomane Euger

that seems to make sense. a plain glass of water, especially tap water, would likely boost serotonin anyway due to all the toxic stuff in it.
but it also seems even if youre eating healthy food or drinks, if you attempt to stuff too much food or liquid it could boost serotonin. arent there some old school advices about not over stuffing yourself.
hi,from my experience the "serotonin"boost from eating a lot of food or liquids at once is unsignificant to non existent if its a food that i have perfect digestion of it even in large quantity,i have already eaten/drunk from 5 kilos to 10 kilos of fruits at once with out having any characteristic of high serotonin,on the contrary,i had non existent serotonin characteristics

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals