Can You Get Worms From Natural Dessicated Thyroid?

amethyst

Does anyone know? I understand that "dessicated" means "dried" or freezedried? Just because it's dried doesn't mean that the worms from the pigs have been destroyed? Or does it? I'm guessing the thyroid from the pig is not cooked, just "dried"...Of course, I don't understand the process of how it's made into dessicated thyroid (obviously)..Reason I ask this is I am wanting to try NDT but I am doing a parasite cleanse and well, taking NDT seems like I would be defeating the purpose.....Any thoughts?

tara

That never occurred to me.
Dessicated means dried, by whatever means. I think different producers use different processes. Some claim that their freeze drying preserves the function better, but I don't know the ins and outs of that. I imagine that the thyroid is not just dried, but also pulverised so it can be mixed with fillers and put in tablets/capsules etc, and that pulverising is hopefully small enough to destroy any parasitic eggs, even if any of them could survive freezing?

OP
A

amethyst

Yeah, I wonder that too..do the parasite eggs survive freezing? Are the parasites killed when they make the dessicated thyroid? Guess we would need a parasitologist to answer that question lol