Can You Fix Thyroid While On Levothyroxine?

Arrade

Hello all. Recently jumped back on my levothyroxine after experiencing heavy hairloss.
I was being prescribed 137 mcg, which would mean a tsh of higher than 10 unmedicated.

Is it possible to do the iodine protocol and this will lower my need for levothyroxine while I'm actively still on it?
Or will the fact that it suppresses natural thyroid not allow me to heal?

My t4 to t3 conversion is fine btw. So I wasn't sure about using NDT

I also plan on using black seed oil:
The effects of Nigella sativa on thyroid function, serum Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) – 1, Nesfatin-1 and anthropometric features in patients with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis: a randomized controlled trial

belcanto

Hello all. Recently jumped back on my levothyroxine after experiencing heavy hairloss.
I was being prescribed 137 mcg, which would mean a tsh of higher than 10 unmedicated.

Is it possible to do the iodine protocol and this will lower my need for levothyroxine while I'm actively still on it?
Or will the fact that it suppresses natural thyroid not allow me to heal?

My t4 to t3 conversion is fine btw. So I wasn't sure about using NDT

I also plan on using black seed oil:
The effects of Nigella sativa on thyroid function, serum Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) – 1, Nesfatin-1 and anthropometric features in patients with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis: a randomized controlled trial

OP
Arrade

Arrade

Off the levothyroxine because I didnt like how I felt/ side effects. I would try NDT imo, I haven't yet tho.