Can You Find The Study Dr. Peat Is Talking About, Canned Vegetables

Vinny

lampofred

how does the common mouse thrive though without healthy canned vegetable though?
i mean in the field,where they cant cook for them selves?

don't rats and mice mostly feed on human garbage? that's probably leftovers of cooked food.

Lizb

don't rats and mice mostly feed on human garbage? that's probably leftovers of cooked food.
Mice, in my experience, eat food in the larder, bulbs in the ground (daffodils etc) and every seed you try and plant in the vegetable patch!

This I think is a good time and place to ask exactly how long everyone thinks they should be cooking those leafy green vegetables Ray keeps mentioning?

Mice, in my experience, eat food in the larder, bulbs in the ground (daffodils etc) and every seed you try and plant in the vegetable patch!

This I think is a good time and place to ask exactly how long everyone thinks they should be cooking those leafy green vegetables Ray keeps mentioning?

Also they wolf down insects for their savory Protein need.

OP
ecstatichamster
If I recall correctly, Dr. Peat talks about this experiment to show how cooked vegetables in cans can sustain life better than raw vegetables. It’s not the necessity to eat canned vegetables. And the animal subjects were not given other food besides the vegetables and milk (raw, boiled or evaporated.)

He was showing that this study indicates the ability to live on vegetables that are cooked better than raw.

OP
ecstatichamster
What I like about this study is that they went through a number of liters. Dr. Peat has been discussing the fact that many negative or positive adaptive changes in one’s life actually affect future offspring even more.

Here is a useful table from the study:
9E460387-907C-4A7D-AB37-06855EFF3D38.jpeg

everything you can eat with Peat comes out of boxes lol,milkcarton,ojaycarton,oystercarton,vegetablecannedcartons,
sugarcubecartons,gelatincartons,quadratic-practic-good =]

yerrag

He was showing that this study indicates the ability to live on vegetables that are cooked better than raw.
Bingo! Ray recommends cooking green leaves for 20 minutes. I thought it's too long and also makes it soggy. But I'm glad I followed him. I got used to the sogginess. It's absorbing the calcium and magnesium that matters more.

Why would cooking thoroughly lessen endotoxins? Don't endotoxins survive? I mean, dead or alive, they're still toxic.

I said that wrongly--they're always dead, but whether the bacteria is dead or alive, the endotoxin is always there. It's the dead bacteria that gives off their parting shot of endotoxins.

OP
ecstatichamster
Bingo! Ray recommends cooking green leaves for 20 minutes. I thought it's too long and also makes it soggy. But I'm glad I followed him. I got used to the sogginess. It's absorbing the calcium and magnesium that matters more.

Why would cooking thoroughly lessen endotoxins? Don't endotoxins survive? I mean, dead or alive, they're still toxic.

I said that wrongly--they're always dead, but whether the bacteria is dead or alive, the endotoxin is always there. It's the dead bacteria that gives off their parting shot of endotoxins.

I think the well cooked vegetables aren’t easily fermented/eaten by bacteria. One of the benefits of cooking is that the cooked products aren’t attacked as easily by bacteria and last a lot longer before becoming inedible due to microbial activity.

Dr. Peat has specifically used the example of raw lettuce and how easily it rots and how quickly. If you cook the lettuce well I don’t think it will spoil very fast at all.

yerrag

I think the well cooked vegetables aren’t easily fermented/eaten by bacteria. One of the benefits of cooking is that the cooked products aren’t attacked as easily bwity bacteria and last a lot longer before becoming inedible due to microbial activity.

Dr. Peat has specifically used the example of raw lettuce and how easily it rots and how quickly. If you cook the lettuce well I don’t think it will spoil very fast at all.

You're right. Fresh vegetables are left standing for a longer time and have more opportunity for bacteria to multiply, so there are more endotoxins that eventually get released when we eat them as the bacteria are killed as the vegetables are digested.

The endotoxins are a concern. Imagine the endotoxins we accumulate in our lifetime. There would be a lot more accumulated by raw foodists than by well-cooked foodists. These endotoxins accumulate as part of plaque in our arteries/capillaries, I believe, and the inflammatory TLR4 response would become more stressful as time goes, and this forms part of what we call aging.

OP
ecstatichamster
I think the endotoxins begin overwhelming our system over time, and we build up more and more inflammatory cytokines and macrophage activity and our liver becomes fatty with the PUFA consumption on top of it and probably high iron (especially reduced from "Fortified" foods).

yerrag

I think the endotoxins begin overwhelming our system over time, and we build up more and more inflammatory cytokines and macrophage activity and our liver becomes fatty with the PUFA consumption on top of it and probably high iron (especially reduced from "Fortified" foods).
Yes. It makes me wonder how much of the endotoxins really come out through bile and into feces, and into urine, and how much of it gets to stay and accumulate in our plaque. It seems that plaque that forms on our blood vessels are a protective mechanism, to keep the endotoxins enclosed and out of doing further harm. It also acts as a conditional time bomb, ready to snuff out life when the body signals its end. This is why really sick people end up dying of sepsis, which is the death knell with endotoxins as the death pill.

_lppaiva

I guess it has to do with endotoxin formation in case of eating raw and undercooked vegs.
Indeed, and probably the same regarding fruit, perhaps canned ones are better, even when certain "fresh" varieties are available, as in apples, pears and peaches, which might be harsh in the digestion if not cooked.

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
I've found fruits like "summer fruits" don't agree with me and create endotoxins. Peaches, plums, apricots, nectarines...they seem to create endotoxins.

boris

I would be curious too...sounds like a study directly contradicting Weston Price
Seems in line with Weston Price. Price's main focus was the lack of fast soluble vitamins in our diet and improper preperation of problematic foods like wheat (no fermentation or sprouting in modern civilizations). Uncooked veg falls under improper preperation.

Indeed, and probably the same regarding fruit, perhaps canned ones are better, even when certain "fresh" varieties are available, as in apples, pears and peaches, which might be harsh in the digestion if not cooked.

Do you guys think citric acid from canned food is a problem? I checked every fruit in glas or cans and all of them have either citric acid or preservatives :(.

Sick People have problems with selph-tolerance,or auto-immunity.
what kindles this flame though.maybe something sensitizes us to high-inflammation status.

Vinny

Do you guys think citric acid from canned food is a problem?
I do. I neutralise it with baking soda when I (rarely) eat canned fruits. They`re more tasty to me canned, btw.

boris

How do you do it? Wash the fruit in bakind soda water? Or pour it right into the liquid the fruit comes with?

we have to apply also the all too real possibility of fraud,especially around the Wars.
In the Run-Up to WWII,insane astroturfing to the effect of espousing hallucinated Health Benefits of an
Vegetarian-Diet occured.Even Hitler feigned to be one.It was to ideologically bolster the sparse Wartime-nutrition,
making something Healthy out of it by repeated pretending.Canned Vegetables are run down last choice vegetables,
laced with whatever metals they are stored in.

OP
ecstatichamster
this study seems very legit. I read it pretty thoroughly and I wish studies today were done this way. The data is very reasonable, then at some point the researchers try some different things and demonstrates to me that it is quite real.