Can You Find The Study Dr. Peat Is Talking About, Canned Vegetables

Indeed, and probably the same regarding fruit, perhaps canned ones are better, even when certain "fresh" varieties are available, as in apples, pears and peaches, which might be harsh in the digestion if not cooked.
I like ripe bananas raw. Although bananas slightly fried in coconut oil are epic. Otherwise, pasteurized fruit juice for the win! :-p

burtlancast

For reminders, humans will always benefit more from freshly cooked foods than canned ones, as they are the only species unable to detoxify methanol which starts forming the further the vegetables/fruits age in the cans.

Vinny

How do you do it? Wash the fruit in bakind soda water? Or pour it right into the liquid the fruit comes with?
I open the can, cut the fruits into pieces and sprinkle some soda, stir and eat after the reaction. Don`t like the citric acid at all.

BTW, have been doing the same with OJ concentrate. Good results initially, but, still, digestive issues after several days. Suspect the essential oils, that are added, don`t agree with my pancreas. Obviously irritating. Discontinued the OJ for the time being.

OP
ecstatichamster
For reminders, humans will always benefit more from freshly cooked foods than canned ones, as they are the only species unable to detoxify methanol which starts forming the further the vegetables/fruits age in the cans.

methanol? Really. I had no idea.

Oranges doesnt get peeled before getting juiced,right?what about Pesticides and Insecticides? anything from Peat at that front?:blackalien:

burtlancast

Tim Lundeen

Most likely the canned foods had much higher zinc content, I suspect that's a significant factor. Certainly a confounder.

Rats apparently do make vitamin D from sunlight exposure, so this is also a confounder...

Still, interesting study!

Will try to compare.

The few vegetable I can take that digest really well are scallion and bitter gourd. I can eat it raw and my stool is all stool no greens.

Its hard to digest green leafy even cooked for an hour. There are times I digest it really well but most of the time undigested leaf.