Can You Eat Too Much Liver?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5487

I have been having 4oz slices of liver every other day as an experiment.
I have found a great increase in testosterone and general well being.

However I have just consumed some about an hour ago and felt a super clear, almost panic like feeling come on.

What are some symptoms I should look out for?
I am young 22 year old male.

cyclops

I been doing maybe 2 ounces a day for 3 days in a row. Today it tasted bad to me and I do not think I can eat it again tomorrow. I'll take that as a sign that Ive had enough for now. I think Peat recommends 4-8 ounces like every couple of weeks in general, but some people may benefit from more.

I dont know why you panicked, maybe too much of a certain vitamin or mineral, but I'd take it as sign not to eat anymore for now.

InChristAlone

Iron wouldn't cause a panic attack. They can be common with copper toxicity though. Also all the vitamin A can lower thyroid function since it would probably lower vitamin D and according to Peat D is parallel to thyroid. I never eat liver unless I've gotten uvb.

jaakkima

Depends on your individual needs. Labwork helps. There is too much of anything. Heavy metals other than iron I believe are in there too. Taste is probably a good indicator. Sometimes more Vit A is needed for some individuals but can be supplemented anyway. Re: iron you might want labwork before having any stance on it.

Last edited:
B

Braveheart

I like the taste and the nutritional profile of chicken liver better...beef, 4oz, also has a whopping 810% copper!?... Comments?

jaakkima

I like the taste and the nutritional profile of chicken liver better...beef, 4oz, also has a whopping 810% copper!?... Comments?

I haven't personally looked into it but several years ago I had the same concern one time and asked Ray (I'd experimented with a huge amount of liver). Excerpt from his response to an email: "Copper is less toxic than Carl Pfeiffer (who popularized its dangers) thought; since his time, several experimenters have shown that it protects against (rather than promoting) harmful tissue oxidations. The article by Laurie Warner seems to be a collection of all the mistaken health ideas of the last 50 years."

Last edited:

Nathan777

I would say make sure you're getting zinc from shellfish to balance out the copper (although shellfish also have copper of their own, so maybe supplement) and also donate blood to reduce some of the iron.

B

Braveheart

I haven't personally looked into it but several years ago I had the same concern one time and asked Ray (I'd experimented with a huge amount of liver). Excerpt from his response to an email: "Copper is less toxic than Carl Pfeiffer (who popularized its dangers) thought; since his time, several experimenters have shown that it protects against (rather than promoting) harmful tissue oxidations. The article by Laurie Warner seems to be a collection of all the mistaken health ideas of the last 50 years."
Interesting thanks....I get a more reasonable amt of copper from lobster here and supp occasionally w 15mg zinc only when needed.

B

Braveheart

I would say make sure you're getting zinc from shellfish to balance out the copper (although shellfish also have copper of their own, so maybe supplement) and also donate blood to reduce some of the iron.
balance copper and zinc easily w my diet and never have a problem w iron...often under the rda...of which I'm glad.

Soren

Forum Supporter
I noticed with myself that if I ate too much liver I would get really tired, I think this is likely due to the fact that it is so nutrient dense that if you eat too much and your thyroid is not sufficiently strong then it will cause your metabolism too drop. I tested this today when I had about 10 beef liver capsules and felt myself feeling very tired a few hours late. This is something that has happened to me a good number of times this week and I am going to cut back my dosage.

What almost immediately relieved my fatigue was 3mg of t3 and 6mg of t4 (tyromix) and 2 drops of panquinone. Instant energy boost.