Can you eat organ meats and oysters everyday?

AnonE

Just feels soooo good eating these types of foods (beef/chicken liver, kidney, heart, oysters) and getting whatever nutrients they have that I may be missing. A real nice change from typical muscle meats.

So I'm wondering, is there any reason they can't be eaten everyday to some extent? Would there be some recommended max quantity? Any potential negative side effects? I was thinking hopefully my body would tell me (via taste) when I've "had enough".

What do you guys think?

The high amount of vitamin A in liver can be toxic to your liver in high amounts.

On eating liver the question is [How much is safe?]
"I think six ounces a week is enough, and safe. Drinking coffee with it reduces iron absorption." -Ray Peat

Attachments

• 20210806_163433.jpg
    20210806_163433.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 29

Doc Sandoz

Just feels soooo good eating these types of foods (beef/chicken liver, kidney, heart, oysters) and getting whatever nutrients they have that I may be missing. A real nice change from typical muscle meats.

So I'm wondering, is there any reason they can't be eaten everyday to some extent? Would there be some recommended max quantity? Any potential negative side effects? I was thinking hopefully my body would tell me (via taste) when I've "had enough".

What do you guys think?
If you have any tendency toward gout, I would not advise it.

scrubolio

maybe you feel good eating them because your body is craving them? my guess is to continue but stay in tune with your body

Nomane Euger

What do you guys think?
You can,pay attention to your feelings,if you eat to much you’ll get certains feelings,on a personal experience,to much heart heart pain,to much liver liver pain,headache,worsening of digestion,brain more on fire,to much kidneys kidneys pain,worsening of digestion,visual and audios hallucinations when going to sleep and waking up.if it taste bad to you don’t eat it at all

Tabrid

You can eat heart everyday since it is almost red meat not organ. Tripe and guts too since they don't have any crazy amount of nutrients to overload.

bagotage

Didn't indigenous people in, for example, what's now the New York City area likely eat oysters nearly every day?

Now, I have no idea how the nutritional balance of fresh oysters has changed from pre-colonization times, to the present (likely they are less nutritionally dense now, as well as more polluted with environmental toxins, micro-plastics, etc.), let alone how fresh oysters might differ, nutritionally, from, say, canned smoked oysters (which I've been eating nearly daily lately). Or how oysters fit into the overall dietary profile of those pre-colonization indigenous people. But in theory oysters seem okay, depending on how other variables might play out for you.

bagotage

You can,pay attention to your feelings,if you eat to much you’ll get certains feelings,on a personal experience,to much heart heart pain,to much liver liver pain,headache,worsening of digestion,brain more on fire,to much kidneys kidneys pain,worsening of digestion,visual and audios hallucinations when going to sleep and waking up.if it taste bad to you don’t eat it at all
Also, plus one to this—for me, after too many oysters, I get a bit nauseous—likely some kind of zinc overload.

dabdabdab

is there a sustainable way to grow shellfish at home for a family to have them as reliable food sources year round?

Didn't indigenous people in, for example, what's now the New York City area likely eat oysters nearly every day?

Now, I have no idea how the nutritional balance of fresh oysters has changed from pre-colonization times, to the present (likely they are less nutritionally dense now, as well as more polluted with environmental toxins, micro-plastics, etc.), let alone how fresh oysters might differ, nutritionally, from, say, canned smoked oysters (which I've been eating nearly daily lately). Or how oysters fit into the overall dietary profile of those pre-colonization indigenous people. But in theory oysters seem okay, depending on how other variables might play out for you.
I wouldn't think eating a couple of oysters everyday would be as problematic as the liver. Mmmmm oysters ?

Ya raw on the half shell. They were soo goodd. Reporting in. Have had a minor stomach ache for the past 6-7 hours. It may finally be fading away
I have been refraing from them since march. They are riskier to eat in the warm months. The general rule for eating them raw is only in the months that have the letter "r". Otherwise eat them cooked.

Attachments

• 20210812_105151.jpg
    20210812_105151.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 17

Vajra

What's the purpose of eating oysters on a weekly basis, considering you can only absorb so much B12 at once, and your body doesn't store excess zinc? I find myself craving smoked oysters on almost a daily basis... not sure why... probably the zinc and salt.

Last edited:

Yonebayashian

Oysters yes, liver yes but in limited amounts if you're a woman constantly going through pregnancy. Beware libido surge.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals