Can White LED's Replace Incandescent Light?

Ron J

Hello
Would it work if I use 2,000K white LED's instead of incandescent lighting? Perhaps 1,800K.

tankasnowgod

Hello
Would it work if I use 2,000K white LED's instead of incandescent lighting? Perhaps 1,800K.

A lot of the new LEDs are really good. That is going to look almost yellow at 2,000K. Maybe like the old Edison lights. I have some LEDs that have replaced incandecents, really like them. They also generate very little heat.

OP
R

Ron J

A lot of the new LEDs are really good. That is going to look almost yellow at 2,000K. Maybe like the old Edison lights. I have some LEDs that have replaced incandecents, really like them. They also generate very little heat.
I'm considering LED's because they waste less watts on heat. Unless the heat is essential, I'd rather get more light instead of heat.

tankasnowgod

I'm considering LED's because they waste less watts on heat. Unless the heat is essential, I'd rather get more light instead of heat.

For general lighting, less heat is better. Most lighting isn't close enough to your body to make a difference. Plus, since they don't waste heat and energy, LEDs can last well over a decade.

OP
R

Ron J

What bulbs(LED) do you use(brand/model)?
And any idea what the kelvin is when a rated 130V incandescent is used at 120V?

StephanF

Forum Supporter
A friend of mine sent me a link to 'Bios Lighting', their LEDs have a blue light emission that has a longer wavelength than current commercially available white LEDs:
https://bioslighting.com/
But I could not find any information on where to buy those LEDs...

Comstock

Does anyone have good LED setups they can share? Any good products, anything to look out for?

LeeLemonoil

In Germany and certainly other places they also sell so called "vintage-LEDs" since some time. They kinda simulate old 25 watt incandescents. I remember when LED-era began everything was terribly blue