Can We Talk Camphor?

Inaut

read an old peat article where he touches on adamantane and camphor and how they effect the structure of water (I probably got it wrong...) but also with hearing haidut talk about it in his recent podcast.... I’m wondering what the benefits are? I bought some white camphor oil and was wondering if this is the same thing peat and georgi are talking about?

Anything...anyone?

OP
Inaut

Inaut

@burtlancast are you a Naessens fan?

714-X - Wikipedia

1. 714-X
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to navigation Jump to search
    714-X
    Combination of
    water
    94%
    camphor less than 0.01%
    Clinical data
    Synonyms
    trimethylbicyclonitramineoheptane chloride
    Routes of
    administration
    injected, inhaled
    Legal status
    Legal status
    See also: NCBI MedGen
    714-X
    or 714X, also referred to as "trimethylbicyclonitramineoheptane chloride", is a mixture of substances manufactured by CERBE Distribution Inc and sold as an alternative medical treatment which is claimed to cure cancer, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia and other diseases.[1] There is no scientific evidence that 714-X is effective in treating any kind of cancer,[2] and its marketing is considered health fraud in the US.[3]

ContentsHistory
    714-X was developed by Gaston Naessens, a native of France and tried there for practicing medicine without a license. Naessens moved to Quebec and continued his research from the early 1970s. In 1989 he was arrested but acquitted from charges of accessory to murder, after a cancer patient using 714-X died following refusal to take conventional medical treatment.

The name "714-X" was chosen by Naessens to symbolize his initials (the 7th and 14th letters of the alphabet) and the year of his birth (1924, as X is the 24th letter).[4] The marketers claim that 714-X works by counteracting the harm done by "somatids", a life form which is not bacterial, viral or fungal, but which instead belongs to a distinct domain unknown to modern science and medicine.[5]

Sales of 714-X have been banned in the USA by the Food and Drug Administration, and in 1996 Charles Pixley was tried and jailed for advocating and distributing it. During proceedings Pixley claimed it was the re-branding of a homeopathic beverage, known prior to the establishment of the FDA, however Naessens later said that it was completely different and has nothing to do with homeopathy.

Composition
    714-X is advertised as containing camphor combined with excess nitrogen, ammonium salts, sodium chloride, and ethanol.[4] An analysis by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) found that 714-X was 94% water, with small amounts of the other salts and less than 0.01% camphor.[3]

Administration
    714-X is typically injected into the lymphatic system through the groin. Alternatively, it may be inhaled via a nebulizer.[5]

Safety and effectiveness
    No studies have been published on the safety or efficacy of 714-X in humans, and the few available animal studies have shown no beneficial effect.[4] The American Cancer Society has stated: "There is no scientific evidence that 714-X is effective in treating any type of cancer or any other illness."[2]

Legal issues
    The FDA has banned both importation and sale of 714-X as health fraud, and at least one prison sentence has been handed down for importing it into America.[3]

714-X is manufactured in Canada, where it is legal to purchase for personal use through a physician under the Special Access Programme of Health Canada, a law which provides access to non-marketed treatments for terminal illnesses when no marketed alternative exists. However, in October 2004, Health Canada told the manufacturer to remove all references to the compound from its website.[2] On July 28, 2006, Justice François Lemieux of the Federal Court of Canada granted a request for judicial review undertaken by a group of 714X patients. The judgment voided Health Canada's policy statement and restored access to 714-X under the Special Access Programme under certain conditions.[citation needed]

See alsoReferences
  2. Barrett, Stephen (2002-03-22). "Fanciful Claims for 714X". Quackwatch. Retrieved 2007-01-09.
  3. "714-X". American Cancer Society. 2007-07-20. Archived from the original on 29 October 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
  4. Kurtzweil, Paula (1996). "Promoter of 714X Cure-All Faces Prison For Selling Unapproved Drug". FDA Consumer. 30 (9). Archived from the original on 2008-01-28. Retrieved 2007-01-09.
  5. Kaegi E (June 1998). "Unconventional therapies for cancer: 6. 714-X". Canadian Medical Association Journal. 158 (12): 1621–4. PMC 1229414. PMID 9645177.
    "714-X (PDQ)". National Cancer Institute. 2006-11-01. Retrieved 2007-01-09.

burtlancast

Of course.

Naessens claimed cancer cells crave nitrogen and secrete a substance that will rob the body of it's nitrogen reserves. But this same substance also happens to inhibit the immune system.

So he devised a camphor substance naturally rich in nitrogen to supply the cancer cell with it's nitrogen needs, preventing the secretion of the problematic agent, and thus preventing the inactivation of the immune system.

The book by Christopher Bird focuses on his Canadian trial, but hardly gives any info about the scientific discoveries.

There's another book http://www.amazon.de/dp/0096470305 which isn't available anymore, saddly.(and only one single library still keeps it)

But this fairly recent one is https://www.amazon.com/DO-NO-HARM-7...ston+naessens&qid=1564755046&s=gateway&sr=8-3

"How does 714X work?

It is an established observation of oncology research that cancerous tissue is a "nitrogen trap" - that is, it requires an inordinate amount of nitrogen to survive and "steals" it from the host's internal environment. Naessens has been able to show that a tumour, once it has reached a certain critical mass, produces a substance - Naessens has named it the co-cancerogenic K factor (CFK) - whose function is to paralyze the immune system. Naessens developed 714X by enriching camphor (a naturally occuring botanical derivative which shows a marked affinity for cancerous cells) with a molecule of nitrogen. The intra-lymphatic injection of 714X allows a saturation or “force feeding” of the tumour with nitrogen, thereby depriving it of its molecular raison d'être, while simultaneously halting the production of CFK. Thus the immune system is fortified and the organism hopefully restored to good health."

Attachments

• 1993 Yoga Journal A new answer to cancer.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

aquaman

Haidut posts in the adamantane thread that it’s very similar to camphor, but possibly more stable. So assume that it has same effects as per the studies listed for adamantane derivatives in His thread

SOMO

Haidut posts in the adamantane thread that it’s very similar to camphor, but possibly more stable. So assume that it has same effects as per the studies listed for adamantane derivatives in His thread

If that's true, why would someone choose the more esoteric, more EXPENSIVE option like 714-X?

Why not just go with camphor or adamantane?

SOMO

So he devised a camphor substance naturally rich in nitrogen to supply the cancer cell with it's nitrogen needs, preventing the secretion of the problematic agent, and thus preventing the inactivation of the immune

Why would someone purposely ingest an analog of Cytokines?
Cytokine storm is deadly, why simulate higher cytokines?

From Naessens own patent application:
The resulting aqueous solution has pharmacological properties since it is an analogue of human cytokines, which makes it useful for treating degenerative or autoimmune diseases and/or as an immunomodulatory agent.

Thus, it has been noticed that it mimicks human cytokines. Thus, it acts on monocytes to transform them into macrophages which, in turn, secrete two proinflammatory cytokines: interleukin 1 beta, 6, 8α and a tumor necrosis factor TNF alpha. Depending on the mimicked cytokine family, monocytes are transformed into macrophages or block molecules which paralyse the immune system. In both cases, a stimulation of the immune system and an increase in the tumor necrosis factor, which is also classified among immunostimulating factors, occur.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to take this?

He states in plain english that this compound is PRO-inflammatory.

Light

I'm on a little journy to try and find a safe way to enhance the absorbance of Emodin,
as it has so many great benefits but its bioavailability is piss poor (only around 7% by some studies).
One thing that's used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for that purpose is Borneol, which is the reduced form of Camphor:
upload_2019-8-18_4-39-59.png

which led me to this thread.
read an old peat article where he touches on adamantane and camphor and how they effect the structure of water (I probably got it wrong...) but also with hearing haidut talk about it in his recent podcast.... I’m wondering what the benefits are? I bought some white camphor oil and was wondering if this is the same thing peat and georgi are talking about?

Anything...anyone?
Can you please reference the Ray Peat and Haidut comments?
This could be an interesting path to follow.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

I received pure camphor the other day and have applied it topically on my wrists.

Today I felt quite good with a clear mind and other supplements taken were limited. I hope this continues with camphor use :)

golder

How many drops of 100% essential camphor oil? I’ve just got a bottle and want to experiment!

OP
Inaut

Inaut

4 drops. I actually did two drops in coconut oil and ingested it. Not sure if it’s good to do regularly but topical seems pretty safe.

I’m actually using d-camphor (terpenes) as the amount in camphor oil isn’t close to what I wanted. When I did research on the terpene profile of camphor, I found little to no actual camphor in it...

golder

Very interesting, thanks for that. I’m going to try 4 topical drops. Where did you get the
d-camphor ooo from? Can’t find any in the UK.
Thanks again!

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Very interesting, thanks for that. I’m going to try 4 topical drops. Where did you get the
d-camphor ooo from? Can’t find any in the UK.
Thanks again!

I found a hydroponic shop in Canada (where I am) that shipped to me. Took me a while to find a Canadian source.... I was going to buy some from the US but the duties/shipping/tax thing was outrageous.

brief google search : https://www.terpenes-uk.co.uk/isolates doesn't look like they have camphor though, just camphene.... browse around :)

Any rise in temperature?

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Not that I have noticed so far.

As a side note, what really got me interested in camphor besides peat/@haidut’s posts on adamantane/camphor, was Edgar Cayce.

I know it’s a bit too fringey and some of the stuff he recommended isn’t the most Peaty but camphor rubs were one of the most often prescribed treatments for various ailments.

Also, after reading his dietary suggestions (again not all ideal in a peat sense), orange/lemon juice and milk were two of his top foods for daily consumption in addition to small amounts of olive oil. I’ve had about 2L of milk today and probably a liter of OJ and feel pretty good :) I think 1% milk works better for me than 2% or full fat milk. I’m curious to see how my acne reacts over the next couple weeks to gauge if I can keep this up

Last edited:

S-VV

Camphor desensitises TRPV1. Could be very useful for chronic pain. Anybody tried it orally? Apparently in germany the sell it in 15mg capsules for hypotension

bogbody

swedish bitters have camphor in them. i use them regularly. they work really well for digestion.

BRMarshall

Why would someone purposely ingest an analog of Cytokines?
Cytokine storm is deadly, why simulate higher cytokines?

From Naessens own patent application:

Why would anyone in their right mind want to take this?

He states in plain english that this compound is PRO-inflammatory.
perhaps in a homeopathic manner..

golder

Camphor desensitises TRPV1. Could be very useful for chronic pain. Anybody tried it orally? Apparently in germany the sell it in 15mg capsules for hypotension
Any idea how many drops of pure essential camphor oil would equate to 15mg?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals