Can We Have A Definitive Answer For Low Rhr In Athletes?

marsaday

I seem to only need a little T3. More doesn't seem to work so well. I was off T3 for a whole year in 2014 and doing good.

I think the small amount of T3 just tops up my own production. I convert pretty well.

sladerunner69

Wow this is really interesting, I had no idea about this. I am in the exact same boat. Exercise and traveling exhaust me and my head is massive...like it's always XL on hats and helmets and stuff.

mine is a XXXL and I am 5'11"... Does this make me a super genius?

sladerunner69

Yea, I think in that Facebook post, a link to a story regarding a man who had an IQ of about 126 with hydrocephalus who apparently had no brain.

No Moods, Ads or Cutesy ****ing Icons » No Brainer.
Boy oh boy, that is some fo the wildest informaiton I ahve ever stumbled upon. How one arth could a man with 10% of his brain have an IQ of 126???? Makes no logcial sense to me, even considering telepathic ability. Too abstract.

Ahanu

Can you please elaborate???

you can find the buteyko table here:
Buteyko Breathing - Bud Weiss, 2008-09-15 | Page 3 | Ray Peat Forum

together with the following conversation about the possibility of good metabolism while having a low resting heart (in peat respect).

before peating my pulse has always been too low compared to my Control Pause (CO) but now it fits very well. my pulse is actually now a little bit be too high compared to my control pause.
Of course, resting heart fluctuates because of measurement. Sitting watching television, sitting thinking about something, sitting doing meditation etc... or lying down thinking, lying down focusing on breath, doing buteyko exercise or measuring the pulse while sleeping.. In my case there are fluctuations up to 10 BPM while resting.
so what pulse in the table is meant or when someone says his resting pulse is so and so? the pulse while sleeping or still lying in bed or the pulse just at rest or maybe the pulse sitting in the doctors office?

i have also wondered how broda barnes measured the pulse of his patients. unfortunately i could not find precise information in the internet.
its a pity that there isn`t much information about heart rate measurement at this forum, despite the frequently strong recommendation to do it, together with temperature, or course.

OP
bodacious

bodacious

you can find the buteyko table here:
Buteyko Breathing - Bud Weiss, 2008-09-15 | Page 3 | Ray Peat Forum
i have also wondered how broda barnes measured the pulse of his patients. unfortunately i could not find precise information in the internet.
its a pity that there isn`t much information about heart rate measurement at this forum, despite the frequently strong recommendation to do it, together with temperature, or course.

This is a great point.

I've always felt like HR and temp have been part of the "doctrine" of this forum, without being well described.

Drareg

What heart rate is in peat terms healthy? Has anyone some quotes?
I trained a lot in my youth, Tennis, 5 times a week + 3 times gym and got to 58 resting heart with 35,8 Celsius. After peating for one year my temps went up to 37,0 C with 60 heart rate. One year later now my heart rate went up to 75. But i also stoped with most of the training. I think that a low heart rate and puls is a sign of a lower Metabolismus but i also think that this could be a healthy adaption while one is training hard. Looking forward to hear from other athletes and their experience with temps and heart rate!

Your right here about your heart rate as an adaptation, it being a healthy adaptation is another question. Most studies are showing lowered heart rate in hibernation, hibernation is an adaptive mechanism to protect from a harsh environment I think, extreme training could be in that category, extreme training is considered normal these days. Many start juicing for a reason, recover quicker cause the body won't do it naturally.

Playing sport is great fun but most athletes that are pro today would not be bothered training intensely 5 times a week if they didn't get payed,the perceived fame/glory is a major driving factor in some cases , not for years anyway,maybe for a while Imo.

Maybe that's what burnout is, body just wants to step back and recover.
The New Zealand rugby team started offering 1 year sabbaticals to players who were burnout. Unfortunetley they believed most of it to be psychological, Peat mentions somewhere about the body naturally wanting to regress from the harsh environment to recover, most of us agree on here the body and psychological are one.
Burnout in elite rugby: Relationships with basic psychological needs fulfilment

I find people mention heart rate a lot on here?

Drareg

This is a great point.

I've always felt like HR and temp have been part of the "doctrine" of this forum, without being well described.

Ray Peats articles cover a lot about heart rate and temps, he offers a lot of articles he cites at the bottom, tonne of info on it .
I find a lot of info on here about it.

IMO a lower heart rate is adaptive for athletes in general, Peat speaks of this, it doesn't make it good? Then you get into what is good, society currently sees good as relative to the individual but we know that is flawed.
Having intelligence and evolving throughout life not potentially ending up with a chronic disease in old age forgetting why you have gold Olympic medals for running marathons is more Peats goals I think.

Some sports however like table tennis,snooker,bowels many more like these might benefit form higher resting heart rate as arguabably they require more intelligence, some of these are Olympic sports, hand gun shooting for example.

You will probably die form popping t3 during a marathon, people think running long distance is good for them because culture says so, the evidence mounting is pointing to the contrary.

OP
bodacious

bodacious

Olympic weightlifting doesn't really fit into the same mould as long distance running though. There's not much of an endurance element to it.

Training days consist mainly of squatting sets <= 5 reps, followed by snatches and cleans at sets of <= reps.

It's a highly explosive sport, so requires mainly type 2 muscle fibres and glucose metabolism.

I can't understand why it would reduce metabolic function, unless the individual was over training and/or under eating (which I was).

Last edited:

Drareg

Yeah Peat is pro sport like yours I believe, it's still hard on the body at that level though.
I don't see many power lifters with chronic disease,maybe a few joint issues, a lot of aerobic athletes with asthma and we will have carnage with aerobic athlete chronic disease 20 years from now.sports never really that intense inthe past, it was all for enjoying yourself in the past.

It's only really the last 2 decades sports have ramped up in intensity like soccer for example, 20 years ago they had alcohol the night before a game to relax.

It would be interesting for you to try an ergot derivative that doesn't raise blood pressure, it could tune you in to form issues you might not have noticed, I think they increase heart rate by correcting metabolism,simplifying it obviously, essentially the main argument is stress hormone free high heart rate makes you smarter.
Just guessing.

Ahanu

I find people mention heart rate a lot on here?
yes but just on a very superficially level imo, but i haven´t read all of course so maybe i missed it

No, apparently head size doesn't make you as smart as i thought it did...

1530.gif

Ahanu

I find a lot of info on here about it
it seems that you have read a lot more than me here so if you have the time i have a question:
what do you understand when you read a healthy resting heart is about 85.. does it mean 85 right after waking up or while sleeping or after breakfast or after work in a resting position, or at the doctors office etc..?

Drareg

it seems that you have read a lot more than me here so if you have the time i have a question:
what do you understand when you read a healthy resting heart is about 85.. does it mean 85 right after waking up or while sleeping or after breakfast or after work in a resting position, or at the doctors office etc..?

It's all about context. Peat speaks in depth about this.(heart rate etc)

I understand little if anything in depth, if you wake and take your heart rate and it's 85bpm, you then have breakfast and it drops to below 70bpm after digesting the food, it may be sign you are running on stress hormones. Generally your checking throughout the day,it's interesting to observe. I personally feel the cold hands and feet without checking temp anymore.

I believe if your pulse increases after food and you feel warm temp increase it's a sign of good thyroid function.
Again it's all about context , their is no magic bullet.

I just suggest things for the sake of dialogue, it's all about the context of current health/situation, there are many reasons why the above might not be the case for you.

Drareg

Lols --- define ,"success" ,loads of money and fame !!
Think of the research that could be done with her salary for one year.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom