Can We Have A Definitive Answer For Low Rhr In Athletes?

@Such_Saturation
Is your heart rate still low? Do you notice an intellect effect from lower to higher, Can adrenalin that gets you to over 85bpm be coherent intellect? it should be temporarily,it's an adaptive substance, long term is the issue.
Would explain why many don't feel awake until they do gym work.

I notice 85bpm when I achieve this to be optimal for reading,studying.

Excercise lowers it temporarily if I over do it,it subtly effects intelligence I think.

A lot of gym addicts getting panic attacks I notice, probably the adrenalin effect going awry , I'm guessing these adaptive stress substances are being burned through quicker with the way people are training these days.
Some of them train 7 days per week, job is 9-5 , I know some pro athletes who laugh there **** off at this, they are sick of training!!

No, I push 90BPM every day even without coffee, but even without being a neurologist I can tell you adrenaline will keep you in a different awareness and have you make time and time again, different decisions than what you would have made in a different state. The real problem is when people forget what their basic state is and think that fight-or-flight is totally normal.

If you look up Christopher Langan his smartness is one in a million (it's more than that but it's just to say) and his head size is also one in a million...

DaveFoster

Most elite atheletes have great genetics, so you shouldn't model your lifestyle after them. They can tolerate a great deal more than you and I.

Ahanu

What heart rate is in peat terms healthy? Has anyone some quotes?
I trained a lot in my youth, Tennis, 5 times a week + 3 times gym and got to 58 resting heart with 35,8 Celsius. After peating for one year my temps went up to 37,0 C with 60 heart rate. One year later now my heart rate went up to 75. But i also stoped with most of the training. I think that a low heart rate and puls is a sign of a lower Metabolismus but i also think that this could be a healthy adaption while one is training hard. Looking forward to hear from other athletes and their experience with temps and heart rate!

superhuman

No, I push 90BPM every day even without coffee, but even without being a neurologist I can tell you adrenaline will keep you in a different awareness and have you make time and time again, different decisions than what you would have made in a different state. The real problem is when people forget what their basic state is and think that fight-or-flight is totally normal.

Awesome. How did you manage to get yourself up to that BPM? like how long time did it take and what made the biggest changes in getting you there in terms of food, lifestyle, supplements etc etc.
Thanx :)

Drareg

Most elite atheletes have great genetics, so you shouldn't model your lifestyle after them. They can tolerate a great deal more than you and I.

Viewing from a epigentics point of view there probably isn't much they have that a non athlete can't switch on ,a mediocre athlete who decides to start the "juice" for example ,not that juicing is an issue in pro sports lol, It's even in golf ffs. Usain Bolt has been implicated on the Joe Rogan show by Herrera ?? Can't remember the guys name, I think this is why bolt stays relatively quite about Justin Gaitlins testosterone. Many say nobody can break those records clean! The women's record is being called to be scrapped because juicing was rampant when the records were broke, the list goes on and on. The won't release what they found in soccer because it has political implications, soccer is the most popular distraction in the world.
They can tolerate more based on current epigenetic status which naturally changes, lance Armstrong was clean in his early career and was a decent athlete, yo be elite he needed the juice.
Lionel Messi in soccer got HGH injections as a kid, this has to have affected his ability in a positive way,is that not the only time Peat sees HGH as positive?
OH don't forget T3 is legal in athletics and other sports right? The board believe it has no performance enhancing effects!!!

Drareg

I must start thread about different later maybe, David Bohm talks about hormones as messengers, they have meaning etc.
Fight or flight is even the desired state to be in these days, people believe they are depressed if they don't have this buzz.
I know someone's who is in business almost 3 years, she loves it at the start ,great buzz,good pressure,own boss etc, gets hammered drunk to stop the adrenalin when out of control, takes benzodiazepine when getting panic attack!!
3 years in she sees the reality of a small business owner, the only advantage is the own boss thing, her adrenalin was going so she needed more, it drives people to do crazy ***t adrenalin, it's like the crazy hormone,do anything necessary to feel me it says!!! So 2 more businesses opens because of cheap money from banks and she is starting struggle big time and as things are tightening, the adrenalin is pumping!! And I think in some messed up way she is loving it, it's a challenge a challenge, life's about this right now she says,wtf!!!

Her heart rate is has gone down to 55bpm,she loves long distance cycling ,she is impressed she is so fit,reinforces her believes living this was is correct while ignoring the alcohol and benzo abuse, she goes once a month to a clinic for stressed professionals, you go for a couple of hours to get vitamin injections ,massage and a chat with psychiatrists, it's uber trendy these days to be doing ,it's a sign your successful. This bubble has to pop in culture at some point,carnage.
Sorry I may be hijacking the thread here.

T

tobieagle

Nice to see more people familiar with David Bohm.
I often wonder why Ray never mentions him. He mostly makes fun of 20th century physisicists.
Maybe he just doesn't know about him.

I know someone's who is in business almost 3 years, she loves it at the start ,great buzz,good pressure,own boss etc, gets hammered drunk to stop the adrenalin when out of control, takes benzodiazepine when getting panic attack!!
3 years in she sees the reality of a small business owner, the only advantage is the own boss thing, her adrenalin was going so she needed more, it drives people to do crazy **** adrenalin, it's like the crazy hormone,do anything necessary to feel me it says!!! So 2 more businesses opens because of cheap money from banks and she is starting struggle big time and as things are tightening, the adrenalin is pumping!! And I think in some messed up way she is loving it, it's a challenge a challenge, life's about this right now she says,wtf!!!

Her heart rate is has gone down to 55bpm,she loves long distance cycling ,she is impressed she is so fit,reinforces her believes living this was is correct while ignoring the alcohol and benzo abuse, she goes once a month to a clinic for stressed professionals, you go for a couple of hours to get vitamin injections ,massage and a chat with psychiatrists, it's uber trendy these days to be doing ,it's a sign your successful. This bubble has to pop in culture at some point,carnage.

Thank you for that anecdote :)

T

tobieagle

On topic:

Ray mentioned in his last interview that increased CO2 can also decrease the heartrate because of lower vascular resistance.
I can confirm that from my own experiments with sleeping in a 0,5 % and 1% CO2 atmosphere.
So it is not black and white (as always) ;)

I must start thread about different later maybe, David Bohm talks about hormones as messengers, they have meaning etc.
Fight or flight is even the desired state to be in these days, people believe they are depressed if they don't have this buzz.
3 years in she sees the reality of a small business owner, the only advantage is the own boss thing, her adrenalin was going so she needed more, it drives people to do crazy **** adrenalin, it's like the crazy hormone,do anything necessary to feel me it says!!! So 2 more businesses opens because of cheap money from banks and she is starting struggle big time and as things are tightening, the adrenalin is pumping!! And I think in some messed up way she is loving it, it's a challenge a challenge, life's about this right now she says,wtf!!!

:yipes but yeah I think Ray Peat definitely knows about Bohm and mentioned him once or twice on the radio.

DaveFoster

OH don't forget T3 is legal in athletics and other sports right? The board believe it has no performance enhancing effects!!!
T3 is potentially anabolic if you supply enough calories, but as far as a performance enhancer in the same way as caffeine or LSD, not really; it will make you weaker due to lactic acid buildup in muscle tissue.

Drareg

T3 is potentially anabolic if you supply enough calories, but as far as a performance enhancer in the same way as caffeine or LSD, not really; it will make you weaker due to lactic acid buildup in muscle tissue.

What's your take on lactic acid buildup with T3 intake? Lack of fuel ? Would a backpack with glucose/protein supply alleviate this while performing?
I noticed a definite lift with t3 but like many it's tricky to maintain, I'm still trying to workout if I'm mainly blocking a healthy thyroid function by stress inducing substances.

Part of Dwain Chambers doping regime was 50ug of T3, he was given a ridiculous amount of doping agents,modafinil also , the claim was t3 had a lightness effect,what they called it. Short powerful intense workouts might benefit from t3 ,long distance however it may induce death.

I'm guessing t3 wold be more sensible with recovery while eating large calories,dependency is then the issue?
Many high level body builders are rumoured to use a continued supply of t3 25 ug daily all year round. Many see it as a cutting agent but the experienced and most successful seem to have knowledge of its real workings,they tend to stay quiet about it for obvious reasons.

Would @bodacious then benefit before lifting doing lisuride? You probably already get the caffeine effect, t3 before comp with a load of Calories should help?

Ahanu

Ray mentioned in his last interview that increased CO2 can also decrease the heartrate because of lower vascular resistance.

Thats great to hear and could explain buteykos table . thank you for that information!

marsaday

I have always had a low RHR. As a teenager it was 48. Now in my 40's it is 42. My body temp is good at 37C.

I play quite a lot of sport, more so than when i was young really. I have hypothyroidism and take 125 T4 and 5 T3 per day.

No matter what i try (more thyroid for example) i cannot get the HR higher on a regular basis. I have seen it in the low 60's on change of doses, but it doesn't last for long. Basically i find it hard to really raise the metabolism consistently (certainly going by HR only).

So this is all relevant discussion for me and i have thought maybe the HR thing is not as good an indicator as to how i am doing metabolically. Sports stamina is a better indicator and how i feel generally.

I also use RP's progestE oil at 3mg per day (1 drop). This really helps things work better.

It is hard though to really raise that metabolic rate consistently.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom