Can too much vit A fatten liver in hypothyroid dude?

FitnessMike

tankasnowgod

This study suggested the opposite, that high doses of retinoic acid (a Vitamin A Metabolite) actually shrank and defatted the liver-

I posted it in this thread, showing high doses of A (200,000iu or over) can likely lower cortisol, and one of the studies shows how 25,000 iu of A lowers TSH and raises T3, which should improve hypothyroid symptoms.

B

BRBsavinWorld

This study suggested the opposite, that high doses of retinoic acid (a Vitamin A Metabolite) actually shrank and defatted the liver-

I posted it in this thread, showing high doses of A (200,000iu or over) can likely lower cortisol, and one of the studies shows how 25,000 iu of A lowers TSH and raises T3, which should improve hypothyroid symptoms.

nice, thanks.

I always feel increasingly amazing with evermore Vit A foods

P

Peatness

I find myself stuck on the Vitamin A toxicity vs. deficiency conundrum.

InChristAlone

I would need to see the human trials before ever recommending that dosage.

tankasnowgod

I would need to see the human trials before ever recommending that dosage.
Haidut links to a human study using high doses of Retinol (up to 500,000IU a day) in that thread. Here it is-

InChristAlone

Haidut links to a human study using high doses of Retinol (up to 500,000IU a day) in that thread. Here it is-

At the end of that study which I opened through sci hub, it reads:
"In the absence of other therapy our patients regularly relapse within a few
months. We are currently experimenting with finding a lower limited-maintenance dose of retinol. Evidence to date suggests that this cannot be less than 150,000 units daily. We do not know how long such a dose can be given without toxicity."

So it's not a cure, it's not making them healthier (as evidenced by the side effects), it's being used as a drug. And unfortunately for retinol that dosage cannot be maintained for years.

tankasnowgod

At the end of that study which I opened through sci hub, it reads:
"In the absence of other therapy our patients regularly relapse within a few
months. We are currently experimenting with finding a lower limited-maintenance dose of retinol. Evidence to date suggests that this cannot be less than 150,000 units daily. We do not know how long such a dose can be given without toxicity."

So it's not a cure, it's not making them healthier (as evidenced by the side effects), it's being used as a drug. And unfortunately for retinol that dosage cannot be maintained for years.
Personally, I don't really care about any effect on Acne. I think lower doses (say from 25-100,000iu) can be used for things like lowering cortisol, improving thyroid function, improving testosterone, and improving liver function, and weight loss.

You don't take any Vitamin A anyway, right? I know a lot of those issues aren't really potential health concerns of yours, so you probably wouldn't be interested.

InChristAlone

Personally, I don't really care about any effect on Acne. I think lower doses (say from 25-100,000iu) can be used for things like lowering cortisol, improving thyroid function, improving testosterone, and improving liver function, and weight loss.

You don't take any Vitamin A anyway, right? I know a lot of those issues aren't really potential health concerns of yours, so you probably wouldn't be interested.
No I'm not interested in it for those things, but I am interested in vitamin A research. I don't want to try to limit it if I don't have to and I don't want to use too much if it is in fact toxic. So I take the moderate approach as of now. RDA or less. I get plenty from dairy.

P

Peatness

I ate liver yesterday. I don’t normally eat liver. I’ve been getting pain in my liver since.

TheCalciumCad

I ate liver yesterday. I don’t normally eat liver. I’ve been getting pain in my liver since.
I've been going schizo over VA the last 2-3months, I got relief from getting it down from 11k IU daily average (including weekly liver, daily carrot etc) to below 2500IU. I don't think I need to go any lower as im in good health. I also think a light deficiency and/or blue light toxicity (I am guilty of both) will drastically increase chances of VA toxicity so VA demands will be lower. So maybe look at your average intake on cronometer and experiment reducing VA especially if you don't get enough sun or are on a computer too much and see what happens. I'm never eating liver again personally not out of fear of VA but because its ******* disgusting and i'm done with weird diet stuff.

Nomane Euger

@TheCalciumCad i have been eating liver since end 2019,i never swallowed a single gram of beef liver considering how disgsuting it is,i have tryed between 50-100 differents beefs livers,all bad tasting and make me feel worst,it is also crunchy as if the liver is fibrotic,grass fed grass finished young lamb/veal from spring/summer pasture can taste perfect,and make feel people wonderfull

Ismail

Yup me too, Ray and other people like Morley Robbins promote liver and Vitamin A, however people like Garrett Smith say otherwise.

Quite confusing tbh.

P

Peatness

I've been going schizo over VA the last 2-3months, I got relief from getting it down from 11k IU daily average (including weekly liver, daily carrot etc) to below 2500IU. I don't think I need to go any lower as im in good health. I also think a light deficiency and/or blue light toxicity (I am guilty of both) will drastically increase chances of VA toxicity so VA demands will be lower. So maybe look at your average intake on cronometer and experiment reducing VA especially if you don't get enough sun or are on a computer too much and see what happens. I'm never eating liver again personally not out of fear of VA but because its ******* disgusting and i'm done with weird diet stuff.
I actually like the taste of liver. I wish there was a reliable test for Vitamin A. Carotenemia is definitely an issue so I do avoid carotene rich foods. I cannot reduce my food lists anymore, in fact I am adding to it. Light exposure is definitely an issue. I now have sensitively to sunlight - can only tolerate small bursts of it. Sunlight is not what it used to be. Maybe it's the stored pufa - be warned anyone toying with the idea of supplementing omega oils

P

Peatness

I actually like the taste of liver. I wish there was a reliable test for Vitamin A. Carotenemia is definitely an issue so I do avoid carotene rich foods. I cannot reduce my food lists anymore, in fact I am adding to it. Light exposure is definitely an issue. I now have sensitively to sunlight - can only tolerate small bursts of it. Sunlight is not what it used to be. Maybe it's the stored pufa - be warned anyone toying with the idea of supplementing omega oils
Just searched sun sensitivity and of course I found this

TheCalciumCad

Sounds like VA + Blue light toxicity to me. Sunlight helps detox VA but you'd have to SLOWLY increase sun exposure over time while ideally reducing VA intake and minimising screen time. Increasing vit D levels from sunlight also opposes VA.

VitoScaletta

Could you have been deficient in other fat soluble Vitamins like D and K?

Too much D without A gives you problems and vice versa.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals