Can thyroid tissue fully recover?

FitnessMike

Iv had elevated thyroid antibodies for over a year that are dropping now, can I fully recover thyroid tissue?

BearWithMe

The official answer is definitely no.

Humans can grow back limbs under certain circumstancces, though. Which also should not be possible.

Recovering damaged thyroid might be possible, but the probability is very close to zero.

BearWithMe

As long as you have at least some working thyroid tissue left, you can always optimize hormone production by right diet and lifestyle

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Having thyroid antibodies does not necessarily mean that the gland has been killed and unable to heal and function properly. Officially, the liver is the only organ that can regenerate to full size post resection, but there are also thymus gland studied showing a return with red light therapy.

Ben.

I've read an anecdote somewhere before (i think that was last year) of a woman saying she had hashimotos and regained a significant amount of her thyroid tissue with certain lifestyle, dietary and supplementational adjustment.
It was a comment under a german article about iodine and thyroid.

Tinnitus is not "cureable" either but people managed to get rid of it, a few atleast. I listened to the story of a man who was diagnosed in his teens that he has a uncurable bone disease and his vertebrase and disks where messed up and gliding everywhere while his hip broke out of nowhere by simply walking/running. He said it healed all and fixed it with proper nutrition and excercise to the point the doctor coudn't believe the x-rays. Youthhormones are powerful..

Now thoose things are anecdotal and idk how much truth there is to it ... but if we believe from the get go that something does not work or is not possible then we never start to try nor do we allow success to happen trough trial and hardship. You know ... taking responsibility in our well being beyond of what we were told.

Last edited:

DonLore

Its very common mainstream medical dogma to claim nothing can be cured, only treated with medication. We all know this to be bull****. To answer your question, no one probably knows 100%, but in any case, you should optimize nutrition, lifestyle etc to be as healthy as possible anyway, right?

Does elevated antibodies ensure that the thyroid gland is being destroyed?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

i don't even know if i lost thyroid tissue, its pure speculation but having raised antibodies for a year surely means that more than the normal amount of thyroid tissue was damaged if i understand it right.

@Hans seems to think thyroid tissue can fully recover.

i don't even know if i lost thyroid tissue, its pure speculation but having raised antibodies for a year surely means that more than the normal amount of thyroid tissue was damaged if i understand it right.

@Hans seems to think thyroid tissue can fully recover.
I'm trying to understand how there are so many anecdotal reports of people dropping thyroid meds when they switch to a carnivore diet.

JKX

Iv had elevated thyroid antibodies for over a year that are dropping now, can I fully recover thyroid tissue?
Yes.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Dr. B

Having thyroid antibodies does not necessarily mean that the gland has been killed and unable to heal and function properly. Officially, the liver is the only organ that can regenerate to full size post resection, but there are also thymus gland studied showing a return with red light therapy.
i thought thymus can quickly disintegrate as well as quickly regrow

I've read an anecdote somewhere before (i think that was last year) of a woman saying she had hashimotos and regained a significant amount of her thyroid tissue with certain lifestyle, dietary and supplementational adjustment.
It was a comment under a german article about iodine and thyroid.

Tinnitus is not "cureable" either but people managed to get rid of it, a few atleast. I listened to the story of a man who was diagnosed in his teens that he has a uncurable bone disease and his vertebrase and disks where messed up and gliding everywhere while his hip broke out of nowhere by simply walking/running. He said it healed all and fixed it with proper nutrition and excercise to the point the doctor coudn't believe the x-rays. Youthhormones are powerful..

Now thoose things are anecdotal and idk how much truth there is to it ... but if we believe from the get go that something does not work or is not possible then we never start to try nor do we allow success to happen trough trial and hardship. You know ... taking responsibility in our well being beyond of what we were told.

some people have gotten thyroid removal surgery and regrown it havent they

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

xeliex

Forum Supporter
i thought thymus can quickly disintegrate as well as quickly regrow

some people have gotten thyroid removal surgery and regrown it havent they
Yes, that's what I am saying. Officially it's the liver only, but in real life it's a lot more.

I have seen the parathyroid gland of my patients grow back to giant size after 90% of it has been removed!

So if the thymus and the parathyroid can do that, there is no apparent reason why other glands like the thyroid can, under the right circumstances.

Dr. B

Yes, that's what I am saying. Officially it's the liver only, but in real life it's a lot more.

I have seen the parathyroid gland of my patients grow back to giant size after 90% of it has been removed!

So if the thymus and the parathyroid can do that, there is no apparent reason why other glands like the thyroid can, under the right circumstances.
what kind of patients?

you're serious?

these people may have had the opposite problem. they had the autoimmune thyroid disorder which supposedly makes you hyperthyroid. so they had some portion or all of the thyroid removed. I heard they have to repeat the surgeries every few years because it grows back. sometimes theyre given radioactive iodine to try to permanently destroy the thyroid iirc but it still comes back over time.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

bump

tastyfood

@FitnessMike how high are your TPO antibodies if it's not too much asking? I started at 1300 8 years ago, and now I'm at 355. I've kept my TSH suppressed for years and it hasn't been enough to get rid of the antibodies. I'm experimenting with high dose aspirin to see if I can keep the inflammation down and lower TPO more.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

@FitnessMike how high are your TPO antibodies if it's not too much asking? I started at 1300 8 years ago, and now I'm at 355. I've kept my TSH suppressed for years and it hasn't been enough to get rid of the antibodies. I'm experimenting with high dose aspirin to see if I can keep the inflammation down and lower TPO more.
Thyroglobulin Antibodies H 189.9 0 - 115 kIU/L
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies H 40.2 0 - 34 kIU/L
it goes down when stress goes down, i will eventually start tolerating more thyroid and my insomnia will begetting better with time and i believe it will drop back to low.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals