Can Thyroid Supplementation Lower Already Low Cortisol?

FitnessMike

as above guys, can supplementing with NDT lower already low cortisol?

Jessie

Maybe through a indirect mechanism, like lowering cholesterol. NDT will lower your cholesterol by increasing the LDL's turnover into pregnenolone and other steroids (like cortisol). If you run out of cholesterol you could be left with lower steroids. So eating foods that keep cholesterol production going is very important when taking thyroid.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Jsaute21

Bump. I’d like @haidut @Hans and others more versed in the specific science thoughts to this post. For folks with low cortisol wouldn’t taking thyroid/progesterone and other cortisol lowering mechanisms early in the day be counter productive? I’ve noticed thyroid being more effective for me later in the day when my cortisol should be trying to be combated, not early in the day when cortisol should be ramping up in conjunction with metabolism.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Bump. I’d like @haidut @Hans and others more versed in the specific science thoughts to this post. For folks with low cortisol wouldn’t taking thyroid/progesterone and other cortisol lowering mechanisms early in the day be counter productive? I’ve noticed thyroid being more effective for me later in the day when my cortisol should be trying to be combated, not early in the day when cortisol should be ramping up in conjunction with metabolism.
I think a thyroid can be therapeutic any time of the day. If someone is hypometabolic early in the day, cortisol is usually in excess to try to substitute for low thyroid. So taking thyroid will rescue energy production and lower excess cortisol to normal. People have also reported that they feel better taking thyroid a few hours after food, so that they have fuel in their system when the thyroid promotes energy production. It can also be due to cortisol converting T4 into rT3, so that's why people feel better when they take it later, when cortisol has come down again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals