Can T3:T4 ratios greater than 1 work?

GreekDemiGod

When taking T3 only several times throught the day, and some T4 in the evening / at night, you will end up with more T3 than T4, in grams. That is, a T3: T4 ratio greater than 1.
Does that work for anybody? I'm trying to wrap my head around thyroid dosing, as I think it's key in my recovery. Sometimes, when i get a certain dosage, I feel amazing for a couple of hours. But it's never been consistent.

NodeCerebri

Was wondering about this too. I also can’t seem to keep it at the sweet spot, I don’t know why. Without T4 it’s also difficult so I can’t go without it, but even when I keep my T4 doses 2:1 T3, and never more than 30 mcg at once, I still wonder if some of it gets converted into rT3 ☹️ Didn’t find an answer to this also. Do you confirm the similarity of these situations?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

2:1 T4:T3 ratios generally work for 1 day and then I feel horrible.
On T3 only, I feel fine for about a week, and fatigue and lethargy accumulates eventually, the more I'm on it.
On the rare ocassions when I feel amazing, it's almost always the result of T3 low-dosing.
When T3 only stops working, and I add in some T4, I start feeling better again for a short time, until I'm not again.

NodeCerebri

Exactly. In my case I suspect some underlying inflammation or infection(s). Thus, resulting in some kind of deficiency.
Do you have any autoimmune issues?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I think I am changing my mind again.
T3 alone can temporarily work for raising daytime temps. But I never had consistently high morning temps while on T3 only / mostly T3.
Last couple of days, I increased my evening T4 intake, to 18 - 24mcg, and my morning temps are much better.

Conclusions: T4 is needed for high morning temps

LuMonty

I agree with your findings. I'm doing 1:1 ratio, 120mcg, if that matters. If my T4 use was too high, I would get super cold but T3 was hard to dose for sleep/morning temps. So for me, I went for a high amount of both and was surprised that it worked. I originally did half when I woke up and half 12 hours later, but now I do half of the total in the morning, one quarter halfway through the day, and the other quarter 12 hours after the big morning dose.

davvid_1

@GreekDemiGod i'm curious what T3 doses you're talking about and what you consider low-dosing? ive been doing about 10mcg of T3 only split up throughout the day for about a year and it feels good. most notably it almost eliminates my migraines

LuckyCat

@GreekDemiGod - I take a higher T3:T4 ratio and feel much better. Anytime I raise t4 past 25 mcg I get hypo symptoms. I experimented with different ratios and am now on 12 mcg t4 and 15 mcg t3.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals