Can Stress Result In Tight Muscles/inflexibility And Postural Problems?

LUH 3417

Yes that’s the premise of bio energetics and Alexander Lowen’s work

S-VV

For example, increasing masseter (jaw) tension and tensing the abdominal muscles are the obvert signs of a Valsalva manouver, which increases power output if a sudden muscular whole-body contraction had to be exerted.

This is reflexively done if there is a perceived threat.

Mauritio

Yes definitely.

lilsticky

do you think wearing a weighted backpack can correct someones posture after a while? like strapped to the upper back

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
do you think wearing a weighted backpack can correct someones posture after a while? like strapped to the upper back

Sorry for necroposting but I was looking for the answer to a similar problem lol

This didn't work for me, just made my upper back tight. I think the idea is sound but you would need to make sure the backpack is loaded on your back optimally, like how you would wear a hiking pack (I don't know whether the english word for that big pack you wear while hiking is rucksack or backpack). The only thing that's worked for me and everyone I've talked to long term have been TRE style exercises but they're slow as hell and I dont enjoy doing them

Last edited:

Quelsatron

I don't expose myself to good posture habits or training so my posture is probably pretty garbo, but I manage okay. The exception is, whenever I get tired I start getting aches, so I think my posture is dependent on active use of muscles to be decent. I'm sure stress or some other energy disruption will damage your posture to some extent

Motif

I can stretch
I can workout those muscles , but no real improvement for 15 years.

i would give everything I got for not having these issues anymore

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals