Can Someone Please Help Translate My Lab Work?

gp3690

lab tests are from year and a half ago. 23 yo male at the time, got labs because of possible low thyroid and testosterone.
Will be getting lab work done again soon

C02 - 26
calcium 9.4
albumin 4.6
LH 6.2
FSH 3.3
T4, Free (Direct) 1.14
Test. 602 (low, I know)
TSH 3.9
Prolactin 8.6
Estradiol 20
Free Test 18
SHBG 18

So what do we think? Thank you!

answersfound

Prolactin looks high, I think you want it under 4.

Also you want tsh under 1.

More importantly, what are your symptoms? What's your temp and pulse

OP
G

gp3690

Thank you, my temps are anywhere in the 97's I am never in the 98's...
pulse rate anywhere from 66 to 77.. bad I know. I feel like ive tried everything I don't want to take a ton of supplements as I am only 25.

answersfound

gp3690 said:
post 104851 Thank you, my temps are anywhere in the 97's I am never in the 98's...
pulse rate anywhere from 66 to 77.. bad I know. I feel like ive tried everything I don't want to take a ton of supplements as I am only 25.

I think you would benefit from a thyroid supplement.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
G

gp3690

does this mean I would need to be on it for the next 50-60 years?

Mittir

Albumin is quite good and You will need PTH to interpret calcium value.
Your TSH and prolactin stands out. Prolactin is a good indicator
of hormonal state. Your prolactin number is not that bad and RP thinks
prolactin should be between 4-7 for male and it is a good range for fertility.

It is easier for young person to turn things around quickly with a good diet.
If diet does not work then you can think about supplements.
You can also consider fish head or chicken neck soup for thyroid support.
In past people used to get half a grain of thyroid from chicken and fish stew.

RP thinks ideally TSH should be below 0.4 and he has never seen a person comfortably healthy with
TSH above 2. Low TSH does not mean one has good thyroid function.
You will need Total T4, total T3 and reverse T3 with TSH to get a good idea about your
thyroid status. If you are planning to test again, you may want to test things
RP recommends for measuring thyroid status.

Here is a quote from Ray Peat's article on Thyroid testing.
" Because the actions of T3 can be inhibited by many factors, including polyunsaturated fatty acids, reverse T3, and excess thyroxine, the absolute level of T3 can't be used by itself for diagnosis. “Free T3” or “free T4” is a laboratory concept, and the biological activity of T3 doesn't necessarily correspond to its “freedom” in the test. T3 bound to its transport proteins can be demonstrated to enter cells, mitochondria, and nuclei. Transthyretin, which carries both vitamin A and thyroid hormones, is sharply decreased by stress, and should probably be regularly measured as part of the thyroid examination.

When T3 is metabolically active, lactic acid won't be produced unnecessarily, so the measurement of lactate in the blood is a useful test for interpreting thyroid function. Cholesterol is used rapidly under the influence of T3, and ever since the 1930s it has been clear that serum cholesterol rises in hypothyroidism, and is very useful diagnostically. Sodium, magnesium, calcium, potassium, creatinine, albumin, glucose, and other components of the serum are regulated by the thyroid hormones, and can be used along with the various functional tests for evaluating thyroid function".--
Ray Peat, TSH, temperature, pulse rate, and other indicators in hypothyroidism
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/hy ... dism.shtml
Each of the indicators of thyroid function can be useful, but has to be interpreted in relation to the physiological state.
Increasingly, TSH (the pituitary thyroid stimulating hormone) has been treated as if it meant something independently; however, it can be brought down into the normal range, or lower, by substances other than the thyroid hormones.
“Basal” body temperature is influenced by many things besides thyroid. The resting heart rate helps to interpret the temperature. In a cool environment, the temperature of the extremities is sometimes a better indicator than the oral or eardrum temperature.
The “basal” metabolic rate, especially if the rate of carbon dioxide production is measured, is very useful. The amount of water and calories disposed of in a day can give a rough idea of the metabolic rate.
The T wave on the electrocardiogram, and the relaxation rate on the Achilles reflex test are useful.
Blood tests for cholesterol, albumin, glucose, sodium, lactate, total thyroxine and total T3 are useful to know, because they help to evaluate the present thyroid status, and sometimes they can suggest ways to correct the problem.
Less common blood or urine tests (adrenaline, cortisol, ammonium, free fatty acids), if they are available, can help to understand compensatory reactions to hypothyroidism.

OP
G

gp3690

thank you.

good albumin numbers are a sign of what exactly?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals