Can Someone Please Explain Me How 0.001G Weighing Scales Work?

OP
E

Experienced

I think I have to return this and buy this one.

ISO Certification
Industry quality assurance has been subject to certification since 1987, and now also includes a wide range of service providers including banks, insurance companies, retailers, trades people and hospitals. Moreover, additional guidelines and regulations apply to the pharmaceutical (CFR, GMP), food (HACCP) and automotive industry (VDA, QS9000, ISO TS 16949). As a result, many commercial service providers now manage testing and calibration requirements centrally.

CreakyJoints

What is this? So buying this scaler is actually waste of money without single weights? And btw like I said I already have the weighing boat.. View attachment 19684

When you calibrate, you should be using something that looks like that (which I would expect to be included with the scales - mine is housed on the scales themselves in a little enclosure. It almost looks as though yours has one too, but I can't quite see). If you do not recognise the thing Amazoniac linked at all, or did not use a similar object when calibrating, I'm afraid to say it's quite likely you did not calibrate it properly, and purchasing a new set of scales will only cause you the same frustration.

A few people have tried to say already: calibration and TARE are not the same thing. You should calibrate with a small cylindrical weight (like what Amazoniac posted, I've also posted it here), the information sheet expects it to be 50g. TARE is for cancelling out the weight of the dish/tray in which your powder goes. Calibration has nothing to do with the dish/tray in which you are putting the powder.

If you have eliminated all of those possibilities, your device information sheet says it requires 2 hours of warmup. That seems excessive, but that could help. I would also check for debris around the actual plate using a small brush or something. Honestly, I don't think that's the issue, though.

Sorry, I hope you solve the problem soon.

EDIT: for clarity!

img-hr-3x7-xx.jpg

OP
E

Experienced

When you calibrate, you should be using something that looks like that (which I would expect to be included with the scales - mine is housed on the scales themselves in a little enclosure. It almost looks as though yours has one too, but I can't quite see). If you do not recognise the thing Amazoniac linked at all, or did not use a similar object when calibrating, I'm afraid to say it's quite likely you did not calibrate it properly, and purchasing a new set of scales will only cause you the same frustration.

A few people have tried to say already: calibration and TARE are not the same thing. You should calibrate with a small cylindrical weight (like what Amazoniac posted, I've also posted it here), the information sheet expects it to be 50g. TARE is for cancelling out the weight of the dish/tray in which your powder goes. Calibration has nothing to do with the dish/tray in which you are putting the powder.

If you have eliminated all of those possibilities, your device information sheet says it requires 2 hours of warmup. That seems excessive, but that could help. I would also check for debris around the actual plate using a small brush or something. Honestly, I don't think that's the issue, though.

Sorry, I hope you solve the problem soon.

EDIT: for clarity!

img-hr-3x7-xx.jpg
I definitely didn't get that with the packaging so I gotta order the one that is 152 euros or 140 euros ffs :mad:

CreakyJoints

They really don't cost anywhere near that much, I'm not sure what you're looking at. Perhaps for an entire set of calibration weights you might expect to pay something in that region, but for a single 50g adjusting weight it should be relatively cheap, and most scales should definitely come with them.

Your information sheet refers to it as "F2". Perhaps if you have a different manual, that might shed some light on it, and maybe it's hidden in a small enclosure like on mine.

EDIT: I'm not sure if there are any differences between this 50g F2 adjusting weight and the one it wants you to use (I can't imagine/really don't think there are, just being safe) but you can get these individually for significantly less than the price you mentioned. I don't know where you're based so obviously this isn't that helpful to you, but the component numbers ought to help you find one.

DOUBLE EDIT: I'm honestly a bit shocked you're saying it didn't come with an adjusting weight. I don't think I've seen scales like this come without them, could it just be the case that you're missing it?

Last edited:
OP
E

Experienced

DOUBLE EDIT: I'm honestly a bit shocked you're saying it didn't come with an adjusting weight. I don't think I've seen scales like this come without them, could it just be the case that you're missing it?
Well I think I got it for a fairly cheap price. It's 50 euros for that kind of professional scale and no like I said they didn't send me the weight I use is that sort of cooking pan that I use for calibration there was no similair weight looking stainless stuff you send also in the description of the product there is no sign of weight.

Kern TGD 50-3C TGD 50-3C Zakweegschaal Weegbereik (max.) 50 g Resolutie 0.001 g werkt op batterijen Meerdere kleuren | Conrad.nl

Here read yourself the description and compare it with this one.

Kern TAB 20-3 Zakweegschaal Kalibratie (ISO) Weegbereik (max.) 20 g Resolutie 0.001 g werkt op batterijen Zwart | Conrad.nl

Amazoniac

In yet another striking example of asynchronicity (Synchronicity - Youtube) because by now you might have returned the product, you could add liquid to a cup over your other scale and stop as soon as it shows 50 g. Then, recalibrate the evil scale with it to know if it's possessed and worth no longer possessing it. If it works fine, it's still valuable to report to the company since they're usually interested in making things intuitive.

Last edited:
OP
E

Experienced

In yet another striking example of asynchronicity (Synchronicity - Youtube) because by now you might have returned the product, you could add liquid to a cup over your other scale and stop as soon as it shows 50 g. Then, recalibrate the evil scale with it to know if it's possessed and worth no longer possessing it. If it works fine, it's still valuable to report to the company since they're usually interested in making things intuitive.
Yes I just returned the product I'll buy the ISO certificated pocketscale .

Is that good? Or bad

OP
E

Experienced

Update on this :

Also newbies like me when ordering a pocket scale make sure it contains : Calibration weight and weighing vessel.

I ordered:
Kern TAB 20-3 - ISO certificated.

ISO Certification
Industry quality assurance has been subject to certification since 1987, and now also includes a wide range of service providers including banks, insurance companies, retailers, trades people and hospitals. Moreover, additional guidelines and regulations apply to the pharmaceutical (CFR, GMP), food (HACCP) and automotive industry (VDA, QS9000, ISO TS 16949). As a result, many commercial service providers now manage testing and calibration requirements centrally.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals