Can Someone Lay Out A Factual Case That Refined Sugars And Other Stimulants Waste The Bod Resources?

I've noticed much discussion recently around refined sugars and other stimulants, such as coffee, wasting the body's vitamin, mineral, and amino acid resources when there aren't enough in the diet.

I'm not arguing that this is the case, but I would like to hear someone explain this and perhaps back up with studies or other evidence, if they can.

Thanks!

I've noticed much discussion recently around refined sugars and other stimulants, such as coffee, wasting the body's vitamin, mineral, and amino acid resources when there aren't enough in the diet.

I'm not arguing that this is the case, but I would like to hear someone explain this and perhaps back up with studies or other evidence, if they can.

Thanks!

Increased usage of enzymes, increased uptake/catabolism/trafficking and more exposure of more material to the imperfect recycling prcedures and imperfect renal filtering and reabsorption?

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
Respectfully, I'm not sure what evidence you're looking for but I'll be happy to provide if you can be more specific. Diuretics like caffeine being potentially rough on supplies of water-soluble vitamins seems like common sense and so does higher metabolic output from stimulants requiring more resources and exacerbating nutrient shortages

lampofred

Actually coffee can paradoxically both stimulate metabolism and spare resources by inhibiting iron/heavy metal absorption, which oxidize and waste vitamins and nutrients. Red light might do the same. I think RP refers to this as "increased metabolic efficiency".

But in general I think intuitively that anything that raises metabolism will increase resource consumption?

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
Actually coffee can paradoxically both stimulate metabolism and spare resources by inhibiting iron/heavy metal absorption, which oxidize and waste vitamins and nutrients. Red light might do the same. I think RP refers to this as "increased metabolic efficiency".

But in general I think intuitively that anything that raises metabolism will increase resource consumption?

Somebody more keyed in to specific chemical processes could probably answer this question in a more complete way but generally increased metabolism can increase efficiency of resource utilization for reasons like the one you mentioned but in generally increase what you need to keep it up

DMF

Back in the day, Frank Shorter and his likes drank de-fizzled coke for energy. Don't know how he, they, would feel about that now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals