Can Someone Help Analyze These Cholesterol Levels

Sagitarrius90

Hey guys

So I'm kind of confused with my cholesterol levels

My tsh was previously 1.7 and after peating for 2 months I got follow up blood and tsh has lowered slightly. I didn't get cholesterol levels previously so here are my "base" levels for any future follow up

Can anyone help chime?

I took 2.5 weeks off training but weight train 4x a week 27 years old 210 pounds roughly 15% bf.

I'm eating alot of sugar sat fat milk OJ cottage cheese fruits not 100% pufa ...its more of a high carb low fat moderate protein diet.

Calories around around 2700 2800 a day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181002-193854_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181002-193854_Chrome.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20181002-193847_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181002-193847_Chrome.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 99

Hugh Johnson

I'd be more worried about your iron levels. Blood donation and aspirin could help with that.

I'm guessing that the stress from training or from iron overload has caused high HDL levels. If you had stress hormones test, it would be easier to tell.

I suggest blood donation, aspirin on rest days and reducing training slightly.

Only 2 hours after a meal? Do it fasted, even though some say it may or may not matter.

You want to improve the total / HDL ratio. Shoot for 3 ish being optimal against any degree of CVD. There’s one way to do it that works all the time every time and that’s lowering your saturated fat intake.

My LDL went from 290 mg/dL (!) on a high saturated fat diet, down to 105 mg/dL eating 15% of my calories from fat, and 5% from saturated.

This might not be super peaty but your liver genetics tell the final story, not Ray.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

I was reading that LDL is actually the good cholesterol and hdl was bad? Well I saw a few forums on it on the website. I will try to lower sat fat intake and fat intake overall as I think I'm more carb tolerant than I've previously thought

Both cholesterols are good, they are absolutely essential to the human health. It’s a matter of having an optimal metabolism though, meaning less fasted cholesterol naturally or rather, higher cholesterol metabolism. Cholesterol getting high isn’t any better than cholesterol staying normal all things equal. That’s some forum/blogosphere narrative I don’t quite understand.

And yeah get the iron down. Go donate blood. If anyone is aware of an optimal ferritin number that’d be great? I go for double digits being solid.

Curious to see your hbA1c when it comes back with high sugar moderate protein. If fat is low enough it could be nice and low; my hbA1c went down from 6.2% on a mixed diet to 5.4% on 65% carbs (so, 500-600g a day)

Lastly, if worried about your cardiovascular health, get a heart scan. Your ldl isn’t stupid high, like mine was. Just keep the scan option in mind. There’s more to CVD than LDL particles. Lp(a) is also nice to check

Hugh Johnson

Both cholesterols are good, they are absolutely essential to the human health. It’s a matter of having an optimal metabolism though, meaning less fasted cholesterol naturally or rather, higher cholesterol metabolism. Cholesterol getting high isn’t any better than cholesterol staying normal all things equal. That’s some forum/blogosphere narrative I don’t quite understand.

And yeah get the iron down. Go donate blood. If anyone is aware of an optimal ferritin number that’d be great? I go for double digits being solid.

Curious to see your hbA1c when it comes back with high sugar moderate protein. If fat is low enough it could be nice and low; my hbA1c went down from 6.2% on a mixed diet to 5.4% on 65% carbs (so, 500-600g a day)
High HDL is a sign of stress. It is worriesome if it is high, because it signals stress. The cholesterol itself is good, but still a sign of a potential issue.

Fractality

Lastly, if worried about your cardiovascular health, get a heart scan. Your ldl isn’t stupid high, like mine was. Just keep the scan option in mind. There’s more to CVD than LDL particles. Lp(a) is also nice to check

Do you mean an EKG? What's a heart scan?

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

.63 HDL cholesterol wouldnt that mean at the moment I'm stress free? I dont get why my HDL shows .63 then total cholesterol with hdl is so high... can anyone explain that? Overall how do they look? At that moment I was around 200-300 calories and was awake for like 3 4 hours.

I felt stress free as of late just trying to figure out why I'm so tired all day long. I want a cortisol 4x saliva test but my doc is garbage

alywest

Hey guys

So I'm kind of confused with my cholesterol levels

My tsh was previously 1.7 and after peating for 2 months I got follow up blood and tsh has lowered slightly. I didn't get cholesterol levels previously so here are my "base" levels for any future follow up

Can anyone help chime?

I took 2.5 weeks off training but weight train 4x a week 27 years old 210 pounds roughly 15% bf.

I'm eating alot of sugar sat fat milk OJ cottage cheese fruits not 100% pufa ...its more of a high carb low fat moderate protein diet.

Calories around around 2700 2800 a day.
I'm wondering if you might need to supplement thyroid. Back in the day, high cholesterol would signal potential hypothyroidism to docs. Perhaps training has stressed your system out too much. You might also think about small doses of pregnenolone, dhea. Improving androgen status can improve cholesterol levels. But that all implies to me that you're pushing your body too hard. A lot of the body builders on this forum talk about working out less and having better results.

It's possible that the OP is hypothyroid eating little calories relative to the lean body mass claimed. 210lbs 15% fat is only a touch fatter than I am and there's no way I can sustain less than 3200 kcals. Same high carb moderate protein and moderate/reduced fats.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals