Can Someone Explain Why Fluoride Is Bad?

Astolfo

Is it really one of the most toxic and least beneficial mineral we are being exposed to? My general knowledge is that fluoride is bad, but I don't actually know why it's bad.

- On a scale of 0-10, how much harmful is it?
- Bones have fluoride. I can't understand why extra fluoride harms the body while they supposed to be neutralized by moving them to the bones. Is it a slow process?
- Is Fluoride deficiency real?

boris

It harms the thyroid.

Impact of Drinking Water Fluoride on Human Thyroid Hormones: A Case- Control Study
„The effects of high fluoride ingestion through drinking water, green tea, and ambient air pollution on thyroid hormones (T3, T4, TH, and TSH) were investigated in both humans and animals. Some studies reported a reduction in the T4 and T3 levels as well as an abnormal increase in the TSH levels915. Ruiz-Payan et al.16 said that even at 1 mg/L of fluoride in water, T3 levels reduced in teenagers living in Northern Mexico16. During the years 2007–2016, the Parents of Fluoride Poisoned Children (PFPC) has reported over 190 studies on the effects of fluoride on thyroid hormones, including studies on both animals and humans17. Some studies have discovered the relation between dental fluorosis and thyroid disease1823. The effect of thyroid hormones on learning memory was investigated in rats by Basha et al.24. They found that fluoride reduces the T4 and T3 levels, and has generational and cumulative effects on the development of the offspring24.“

postman

It destroys T3 and the thyroid gland. The body doesn't require it for anything. By weight it's more toxic than lead. It used to be used as rat poison.

schultz

It is a halogen like iodine, so I think that's why it can damage the thyroid by being taken up by the thyroid and displacing iodine. Actually I just assumed this and never really verified it so don't take my word for it. Maybe someone can clarify this? I think bromine acts in a similar way too.

SOMO

Fluoride taken orally is bad.

Fluoride-based antibiotics are bad.

Fluoride applied onto the teeth is good. "Natural" Fluoride-free toothpaste is a joke.

GreekDemiGod

I haven't read much on fluoride, but did a quick check, and apparently, here in my country, they don't put Fluoride in water. Not sure if I should feel lucky because of that.
I also remember seeing toothpastes with added fluoride, might even used some at some point.

lvysaur

Fluoride taken orally is bad.

Fluoride-based antibiotics are bad.

Fluoride applied onto the teeth is good. "Natural" Fluoride-free toothpaste is a joke.
This is my understanding as well, topical fluoride is structurally beneficial for the teeth.
Taking it orally is poison but also does nothing for the teeth

David PS

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals