Can Someone Explain How Animal Fat Is HEALTHY

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Sick of all the confusion.
Every time I eat animal protein, there's definite amounts of fat visible and evident, and I get all paranoid about the fat content being problematic.

Can someone please relieve me from my paranoia and shed some light that Animal Fats aren't all that bad... So I can eat my animal protein in peace.

Cheers.

Stefan

Are you talking about saturated fat and the mainstream attitude towards it?

Or are you talking about something else?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Maybe this helps:
dump303.jpg

Fractality

I would stick with grass fed / free range animal meat; even for ruminant animals.

I would stick with grass fed / free range animal meat; even for ruminant animals.
I'm poor. Nobody I know can afford that, and how to eat grass fed meat? It is not practical coz its too tough and needs be tenderized and cooked long time, ain't no body got time for that!
So beef and milk is all I eat, and fat skimmed chicken.

Well, I can explain how animal fat is NOT healthy at all anymore, better than it is.

-Companies that make mass available commercial food dont care about your health.
-Farmers that use herbicides and pesticides, dont care about your health either.
-Governement Dont care about your health even less, they like Big Pharma better! So they dont prevent bad food getting in you.

Now the animals that graze and eat from the land get these bad chemicals in their body and is stored in their fat.
So to minimize those toxin intake from that, so should eat lean as possible and supply your own coconut oil with it or organic grass butter.

postman

Personally I feel better if I only eat fat from coconuts, animal fats are unsaturated in comparison. Regarding toxins, most toxins are stored in to organs and the fat around the organs, you have nothing to worry about if you only eat muscle meat.

Spokey

Under natural circumstances, if animal fat wasn't healthy, animals wouldn't make it, would they.
The mainstream views on saturated fat are by and large bunk.

Aaron

Saturated animal fat is not healthy and must be limited. I have tried to find data to convince me otherwise and failed. Who wouldn't love to think slathering butter on food is healthy? Obviously there are other variables to avoiding an early grave, but saturated animal fat intake is clearly one of the modulators. And if you are eating cheap commercial animal products, it would be wise to avoid the fat as much as possible.

Prosper

Who wouldn't love to think slathering butter on food is healthy?
Avoiding foods you'd love to eat is going to bring you to an earlier grave than indulging in them. Your sense of taste is not out to kill you, its function is to tell you what is good food for you and what is not. Add butter to taste. Add salt to taste. Add sugar to taste. It's this easy to eat healthy.

Saturated animal fat is not healthy and must be limited. I have tried to find data to convince me otherwise and failed.

What is often defined as saturated fat is in reality PUFA. Most studies finding fault in animal fat are using meat raised with soy, grains and other feed that leads to high PUFA concentrations in the meat tissue. Hence what is found in these studies is not the risks of eating saturated fat, but the risks of eating PUFA-laden animal products.

Last edited:

Hazarlar

Saturated fats contain individual fatty acids, like protein means a lot of different amino acids. Studying these fatty acids like - stearic, palmitic, caprylic, lauric etc. individually gives you a better picture of their unique actions in human system. There are some good posts about them in this forum.