Can Someone Decipher Tyw?

@Westside PUFAs I like that you present a different perspective on the RP diet besides the standard 'milk, OJ, eggs, gelatin, liver' interpretation that's been done to death (don't get me wrong, I know this approach has value for many people). Sorry if you've answered this already, but what's your stance on salt / sodium?

Sodium is a vitamin but it's easy to overdo. I have lowered my intake because I get dehydrated with too much of it and I want to taste more flavors in foods without it or with less. My sensitivity to salt adjusts as the amount of it adjusts. Salt makes you hold onto water. Slim Fast works but making people lose 10 lbs. of water in a week because of very low salt intake but they don't lose any fat. I've found that using the minimal amount of salt for taste works for me. I feel less bloated, less brain fog, etc. I'm not worried about getting too little because it takes extreme things to become hyponatremic.

Drareg

Tyw is regurgitating information from other people's blogs and books,nothing wrong with that,however the blogs and books do communicate it much better. To decipher then,read the blogs he visits.
Any info on diet and behaviour toward experiment he offered was already given by Peat,he repackaged it as his own.
He regularly dodges counter points ,will switch contexts anyway to appear right for his fans,and uses excess information to appear as an authority,many fans are information addicted Imo.All's cool if we follow his lead,does not like being questioned ,leaves thread when the questions can't be answered.

Announcing your IQ of 125-135 on a forum and misrepresenting the facts currently known around the heritability factors involved with IQ will be hallmarks for...........
(Let's not argue on this toxic subject until we have an absolute picture,subject -eugenics et al)
My point is announcing IQ is a subtle attempt to appear superior imo. IQ is the new religion,the new God to worship for some,hilarious but true.

If somebody claims to assert,de-complect and falsify ,they should attempt to do it somebit at least,what tyw does is assert his own bias,de-complects his bias and everybody else falsifies,usually a theory about PUFA in thread about somebodies balls,said forum member with ball issue gets no info for ball issue but now a headache from attempting to process reductionism and random corners of the fractal complexity of reality,however the pain in his head has taken the ball pain signal away and he is cured,yet puzzled in some respect,he wonders then from the reductionist perspective if headaches cure ball pain,it works for him so why not keep doing it?

Assert ,de-complect,falsify is like,"godwins law", the guy who created it was behaving pathologically on forums and kept getting called out for it,nazi being the metaphor for said behavior/actions in this case,he created the mask/shield of Godwin's law to keep getting away with said behaviour by the use of words to cover true intentions,even gave himself a wiki page,ego anyone? Although now his OK with everyone call trump a nazi,he edited his wiki profile accordingly as millions visit it you know-see here-https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Both behaviours could be construed as bullying in some cases,try the following,find some people who appear to have less information than you,go to them and claim we must assert the problem but on your terms of course,don't tell them that,bombard them with information they don't have the energy to understand and control them accordingly,run away when somebody picks through the info and finds somebody has been framing situations with dodgy studies and reductionist methods,insert loads of words like balance,cross talk to imply you got all angles covered as you subtly fade way into the net.

The plan all along is to start ones own forum/cult but must be begged by fans/disciples to do so first as one is so busy and constrained by high IQ and genius capabilities but will do it for humanity,domain name already purchased.
Just kidding ,everybody should have an opinion,but there are so many with info for any angle,we have very little proof as of yet,the point then is,"pascals gamble", of sort, everybody can have their own,seems redundant to posting on a forum with an open bias, to be fair people change when we have good evidence for anything however tyw has never brought this,his opinions on PUFA consumption where never different to Peat or haiduts brilliant and concise summary.

@milk_lover @Tarmander I think both of you are intelligent without question,getting emotional sometimes is better than sounding like an autistic version of Siri as many forums start to sound,information regurgitating no emotion authorities,atheists filled cesspits,preaching their dogma of no god,"no God ",of course is worshipping the belief in,"no god", even though you have no evidence for it.
Peat is God,all hail Peat! We are not 12 apostles but twelve thousand Spartan styled apostles of Peat,for those of with a touch of belly fat fear not,you can wear a tshirt with Peats face printed on it,the red toga and leather underwear is mandatory,hope I don't sound like an authoritarian here?
Sidenote- do you think we should print Peats face on the underwear also? Is it libidoish? Maybe Peat for ladies and naked woman from his site for men?Obviously branded on as its leather?
(leather will be PUFA free,Maybe that's what caused the pain in the balls for said forum member,his underwear was cheap pork leather?)

Attack me fans but it's just my 2 cents,doesn't my post remind of you something? I just need more studies and some dopamine boosting fat burning nootropics and up the tempo.

@Elysium I think the Big Macs acted as a laxative lowering endotoxin making you feel good,hey if it worked stick with. Have great day!:)

Tarmander

Tyw is regurgitating information from other people's blogs and books,nothing wrong with that,however the blogs and books do communicate it much better. To decipher then,read the blogs he visits.
Any info on diet and behaviour toward experiment he offered was already given by Peat,he repackaged it as his own.
He regularly dodges counter points ,will switch contexts anyway to appear right for his fans,and uses excess information to appear as an authority,many fans are information addicted Imo.All's cool if we follow his lead,does not like being questioned ,leaves thread when the questions can't be answered.

Announcing your IQ of 125-135 on a forum and misrepresenting the facts currently known around the heritability factors involved with IQ will be hallmarks for...........
(Let's not argue on this toxic subject until we have an absolute picture,subject -eugenics et al)
My point is announcing IQ is a subtle attempt to appear superior imo. IQ is the new religion,the new God to worship for some,hilarious but true.

If somebody claims to assert,de-complect and falsify ,they should attempt to do it somebit at least,what tyw does is assert his own bias,de-complects his bias and everybody else falsifies,usually a theory about PUFA in thread about somebodies balls,said forum member with ball issue gets no info for ball issue but now a headache from attempting to process reductionism and random corners of the fractal complexity of reality,however the pain in his head has taken the ball pain signal away and he is cured,yet puzzled in some respect,he wonders then from the reductionist perspective if headaches cure ball pain,it works for him so why not keep doing it?

Assert ,de-complect,falsify is like,"godwins law", the guy who created it was behaving pathologically on forums and kept getting called out for it,nazi being the metaphor for said behavior/actions in this case,he created the mask/shield of Godwin's law to keep getting away with said behaviour by the use of words to cover true intentions,even gave himself a wiki page,ego anyone? Although now his OK with everyone call trump a nazi,he edited his wiki profile accordingly as millions visit it you know-see here-https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Both behaviours could be construed as bullying in some cases,try the following,find some people who appear to have less information than you,go to them and claim we must assert the problem but on your terms of course,don't tell them that,bombard them with information they don't have the energy to understand and control them accordingly,run away when somebody picks through the info and finds somebody has been framing situations with dodgy studies and reductionist methods,insert loads of words like balance,cross talk to imply you got all angles covered as you subtly fade way into the net.

The plan all along is to start ones own forum/cult but must be begged by fans/disciples to do so first as one is so busy and constrained by high IQ and genius capabilities but will do it for humanity,domain name already purchased.
Just kidding ,everybody should have an opinion,but there are so many with info for any angle,we have very little proof as of yet,the point then is,"pascals gamble", of sort, everybody can have their own,seems redundant to posting on a forum with an open bias, to be fair people change when we have good evidence for anything however tyw has never brought this,his opinions on PUFA consumption where never different to Peat or haiduts brilliant and concise summary.

@milk_lover @Tarmander I think both of you are intelligent without question,getting emotional sometimes is better than sounding like an autistic version of Siri as many forums start to sound,information regurgitating no emotion authorities,atheists filled cesspits,preaching their dogma of no god,"no God ",of course is worshipping the belief in,"no god", even though you have no evidence for it.
Peat is God,all hail Peat! We are not 12 apostles but twelve thousand Spartan styled apostles of Peat,for those of with a touch of belly fat fear not,you can wear a tshirt with Peats face printed on it,the red toga and leather underwear is mandatory,hope I don't sound like an authoritarian here?
Sidenote- do you think we should print Peats face on the underwear also? Is it libidoish? Maybe Peat for ladies and naked woman from his site for men?Obviously branded on as its leather?
(leather will be PUFA free,Maybe that's what caused the pain in the balls for said forum member,his underwear was cheap pork leather?)

Attack me fans but it's just my 2 cents,doesn't my post remind of you something? I just need more studies and some dopamine boosting fat burning nootropics and up the tempo.

@Elysium I think the Big Macs acted as a laxative lowering endotoxin making you feel good,hey if it worked stick with. Have great day!:)

Thanks for the shout out man. After my last post in this thread, I went back to TYW to give him another shot. A lot of people seem to really like his stuff, and I am not exactly sure why, so I wanted to find out. I also want to find out why I feel a bit off when I read his posts, like something is not there. I read most of his stuff in the thread "Do Carbohydrates Turn into Fat? No." Here is his first post there:

Tendency for de novo lipogenesis (DNL) is context dependent, and also dependent on type of carbohydrate.

In general:

- The more insulin resistant, the more DNL. Since body composition affects insulin resistance, for a particular person, the fatter they are, the more DNL is likely
- The more sucrose and fructose, the more DNL
- The lower fat the diet is, the more DNL

----

As a caveat, I will ignore the effects of carbohydrate re-feeding, since that isn't the norm. Re-feeding occurs when significant depletion of glycogen stores in either liver or skeletal muscle occurs, and carbohydrate is shunted into storage, and thus negating any chance for DNL.

In people consuming a non-ketogenic diet that isn't massively calorie restricted, liver stores are never too far from being full -- at most 50g off from being full, even after an overnight fast.

Also muscle glycogen stores are basically rarely impacted at all outside of heavy exercising populations, and those people won't generally be worried about DNL in the first place -- they are the ones who can most easily burn off any excess carbohydrate consumption, and usually have more lean tissue to store carbohydrates to begin with.

----

I have already discussed the observation that the more fat mass you carry, the higher the likelihood of DNL under any context -- Drinking Coke Freely Quadruples Calorie Intake WITHOUT Weight Gain

That post also discussed sucrose consumption in young, lean men, to which the same conclusion can be made, that fructose increases likelihood of DNL.

However, net accumulation of fat in various tissues is going to depend on overall energetic consumption vs overall energetic expenditure.

Still, it is clear that regardless of body composition and insulin sensitivity, once you overload the liver with fructose, DNL starts to increase -- Hepatic de novo lipogenesis in normoinsulinemic and hyperinsulinemic subjects consuming high-fat, low-carbohydrate and low-fat, high-carbohydrate isoenergetic diets

Our low-fat, high-carbohydrate diet matched the proportions of fat and carbohydrate used previously by Parks et al (11); however, the ratio of simple to complex carbohydrates in the present study was 54:46, compared with 40:60 in the study by Parks et al. In the present study, this higher proportion of simple sugars (54%) led to elevated fractional hepatic DNL, whereas when only 40% of the carbohydrate consisted of simple sugars, hepatic DNL was minimal

Furthermore, our data clearly show that a low-fat, high-carbohydrate diet with a large proportion of simple sugars stimulates a lipogenic mode in the livers of insulin-sensitive subjects; this mode is comparable with the one observed in hyperinsulinemic subjects consuming a high-fat diet.​

Note again the interplay of insulin signalling and DNL, with the hyperinsulinemic (usually insulin resistant) condition causing more DNL to occur.

"Hyperinsulinemic" is the key word. In population studies, more fat mass is correlated with more insulin, but there are insulin sensitive fat people, and insulin resistant lean people. There is huge genetic variance here, and the "10x difference in insulin sensitivity" is often thrown around -- Genetics of insulin resistance. - PubMed - NCBI

Regardless of how big it is, this variance is observed to be true and significant, and would mean that people who are naturally more insulin resistant may be more predisposed to DNL in the face of higher carbohydrate intakes.

Also, regardless of a person's innate insulin sensitivity, it is likely that changing their body composition to have less fat and more lean tissue will improve insulin sensitivity. The general pattern still holds -- the more bodyfat one holds on to, the more feeding-induced DNL they will likely undergo compared to a leaner version of themselves.

Of course, eating less automatically decreases insulin secretion, hence reducing the likelihood of hyperinsulinemia. I will say again, net accumulation of fat in various tissues is going to depend on overall energetic consumption vs expenditure. If the liver somehow manages to use or export all the fat that is created through DNL there, then no accumulation can occur.

The problem with fructose / sucrose overconsumption remains that most of the fructose is going to be directed to the liver for metabolism. Here we can have localised overloading of one tissue, despite a systemic eucaloric feeding pattern. The likelihood of liver fat accumulation definitely increases with increasing fructose consumption, regardless of body composition.

The reader can lookup the problems with fat accumulation of any form (saturated fat accumulation in the liver is not benign). Remember to not conflate dietary saturated fat with accumulated liver fat -- The High-fat Hep C Diet: Is a Diet High in Saturated Fat Good for the Liver?

Regarding low fat diets, this is a study on a 10% fat diet, with 75% of the diet as "glucose polymers" (ie: no fructose) -- Human fatty acid synthesis is stimulated by a eucaloric low fat, high carbohydrate diet.

By day 10, VLDL triglyceride was markedly enriched in palmitate and deficient in linoleate in all subjects on the low fat diet. Newly synthesized fatty acids accounted for 44 +/- 10% of the VLDL triglyceride​

This is significant DNL, and basically its mostly SFA (and maybe some n-9 unsaturated fats). Again, whether or not this DNL leads to fat accumulation is contingent upon overall energetic factors.

----

As usual, context matters. Each person should be examined for the factors listed above to determine their own risk of excessive DNL.

Since this thread is dedicated to ELI5 tyw, here is what I am noticing.

•He speaks like a doctor. I talked to an endocrinologist last night at a benefit for diabetes. I asked him what his favorite thyroid med was. He said "Well synthroid will solve 90% of all the cases you get, with the further 10%..." Tyw talks this same way, he gives caveats and explains outside scenarios from a detached place. Basically, he has no skin in the game. He is perfectly healthy, and speaking from the point of view of a person in charge of many people's health. If you look at the post above, right off the bat he gives three caveats about ketogenic diets, heavy exercisers, and refeeding. Almost like he is giving a class.

•He goes on to discuss people who are fat, young lean men, and draws our attention to seemingly important facts: "note again the interplay of..." and "Here we have..." and "this variance is observed to be..." Also, if somehow you forgot to take notes the first time around, he reminds you "I will say again, net accumulation of fat in various tissues is going to depend on overall energetic consumption vs expenditure." Thank you for reminding me again!

•Like the quote above, he makes things very wordy and complex. He doesn't say, if you are fatter, you will get more DNL. He says "The more insulin resistant, the more DNL. Since body composition affects insulin resistance, for a particular person, the fatter they are, the more DNL is likely." This elongating of explanations is not too bad, but it makes his posts these slow moving barges that round out every point ad nausea to finally get to the conclusion that is "The less healthy you are, the more DNL happens." I think this makes his explanations seem very thorough, which gives confidence to the people reading them.

All in all, I do not think his posts are bad, but you need to know what you are getting into. You are listening to a professor elicit arguments in long form. They are far removed from the peasant workers with their hands in the mud.

When someone speaks about health very knowledgeably, and seemingly is in perfect health, alarm bells go off in my head. One of the things I like about @haidut is that he made the journey along with his posts. It was learning for him. And he gets pissed off, and argues pissed off! It is great! There is no openness in tyw. He knows all the facts, and knows all the places where the facts can't be known. He does not have unknown unknowns, if that makes sense.

You also must appeal to him. I do not know why he is here, because he seemingly only posts when he is summoned or something. That is really weird, does he have things he yerns for? That he fights for? So for myself, my hackles raise because I am reading someone who is seemingly not human, who has no weakness. I know people like that...they aren't like evil or anything...they just have something missing that worries me.

Perhaps it was my time spent in the spiritual community, where some people seemed so detached, you had to wonder what point they had for being alive. Until I realized that they exactly did NOT have a point in being alive. Their seeming healthy detachment was just nihilism in disguise. Being so detached leaves no mystery, no new knowledge that can improve your life.

I am not sure who tyw is on the outside, so I do not want to say he is one of these people. Maybe this is just his schtick online. I really do not know. I could be totally wrong. I wrote this in an attempt to understand others reactions, as well as my own. I think for others, he gives the god like teacher vibe who has conquered suffering. If you can just know as much as him, you will cure what ails you. For me, he gives the detached vibe that makes me wonder why he even cares about poker if he is never going to bet.

Last edited:
J

James IV

To add to the discussion:
I am very passionate about many things in real life, but rarely engage in online debates anymore. When I was sick, I was way more adimant about "proving" everyone else wrong. But as my mind became clearer and my knowledge grows, I realize that context is very important with reguards to what is "optimal" for health in a given situation. I think getting too detailed in recommendations can be harmful.
I also accepted the futility of arguing in the internet with strangers, particularly if they are sick. I've found its very difficult to reason with a person that isn't well. I know because I've been that person. It's ironic, but the more sick we are, often the stronger our convictions. That probably comes off as dismissive, or avoidance, or lack of caring in some exchanges, but it's more of a self preservation tactic. It's exhausting and I believe often harmful, to argue logic with a person who may not be currently capable of critical thinking. As soon as I see the conversation going that direction, I bail. I don't know if that's good or bad. But my observation is that the healthier I am, the less I care about being "right," because I realize how much I don't know.

Anyway, that's kind of how I see tyw. Very well informed, but smart enough to see the limitations of applying very specific recommendations, to such a nuanced subject as individual health.

But hell, I could be totally wrong!
*see what I did there.

✌️

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarman

Thanks for the shout out man. After my last post in this thread, I went back to TYW to give him another shot. A lot of people seem to really like his stuff, and I am not exactly sure why, so I wanted to find out. I also want to find out why I feel a bit off when I read his posts, like something is not there. I read most of his stuff in the thread "Do Carbohydrates Turn into Fat? No." Here is his first post there:

Since this thread is dedicated to ELI5 tyw, here is what I am noticing.

•He speaks like a doctor. I talked to an endocrinologist last night at a benefit for diabetes. I asked him what his favorite thyroid med was. He said "Well synthroid will solve 90% of all the cases you get, with the further 10%..." Tyw talks this same way, he gives caveats and explains outside scenarios from a detached place. Basically, he has no skin in the game. He is perfectly healthy, and speaking from the point of view of a person in charge of many people's health. If you look at the post above, right off the bat he gives three caveats about ketogenic diets, heavy exercisers, and refeeding. Almost like he is giving a class.

•He goes on to discuss people who are fat, young lean men, and draws our attention to seemingly important facts: "note again the interplay of..." and "Here we have..." and "this variance is observed to be..." Also, if somehow you forgot to take notes the first time around, he reminds you "I will say again, net accumulation of fat in various tissues is going to depend on overall energetic consumption vs expenditure." Thank you for reminding me again!

•Like the quote above, he makes things very wordy and complex. He doesn't say, if you are fatter, you will get more DNL. He says "The more insulin resistant, the more DNL. Since body composition affects insulin resistance, for a particular person, the fatter they are, the more DNL is likely." This elongating of explanations is not too bad, but it makes his posts these slow moving barges that round out every point ad nausea to finally get to the conclusion that is "The less healthy you are, the more DNL happens." I think this makes his explanations seem very thorough, which gives confidence to the people reading them.

All in all, I do not think his posts are bad, but you need to know what you are getting into. You are listening to a professor elicit arguments in long form. They are far removed from the peasant workers with their hands in the mud.

When someone speaks about health very knowledgeably, and seemingly is in perfect health, alarm bells go off in my head. One of the things I like about @haidut is that he made the journey along with his posts. It was learning for him. And he gets pissed off, and argues pissed off! It is great! There is no openness in tyw. He knows all the facts, and knows all the places where the facts can't be known. He does not have unknown unknowns, if that makes sense.

You also must appeal to him. I do not know why he is here, because he seemingly only posts when he is summoned or something. That is really weird, does he have things he yerns for? That he fights for? So for myself, my hackles raise because I am reading someone who is seemingly not human, who has no weakness. I know people like that...they aren't like evil or anything...they just have something missing that worries me.

Perhaps it was my time spent in the spiritual community, where some people seemed so detached, you had to wonder what point they had for being alive. Until I realized that they exactly did NOT have a point in being alive. Their seeming healthy detachment was just nihilism in disguise. Being so detached leaves no mystery, no new knowledge that can improve your life.

I am not sure who tyw is on the outside, so I do not want to say he is one of these people. Maybe this is just his schtick online. I really do not know. I could be totally wrong. I wrote this in an attempt to understand others reactions, as well as my own. I think for others, he gives the god like teacher vibe who has conquered suffering. If you can just know as much as him, you will cure what ails you. For me, he gives the detached vibe that makes me wonder why he even cares about poker if he is never going to bet.

HATERS.jpg

milk_lover

Awww thanks man for the nice words :)

Great write up!

Tyw is regurgitating information from other people's blogs and books

Says who? You? Where's your evidence of his plagiarism? Or how about the fact that many things are "regurgitated" because that's the nature of communication on any given topic.

Nope.

All's cool if we follow his lead,does not like being questioned ,leaves thread when the questions can't be answered.

You're putting words in his mouth, or pretending to know what his motives are.
Assert ,de-complect,falsify

He's free to have any tagline he wants. It's a tagline. Who cares?

You sound jealous. If he wanted to start his own forum, he's free to do so. Why do you care so much?

Attack me fans but it's just my 2 cents,doesn't my post remind of you something?

But it wasn't just 2 cents, it was projecting motives and ad hominem.

A lot of people seem to really like his stuff, and I am not exactly sure why

Passive agressive and rude.

He speaks like a doctor.

So what? Not all doctors are the same.

Basically, he has no skin in the game.

That's right and that's the point. It's just a discussion. Of course he has no skin in this because it's an online forum. It's not his job to babysit someone. People should make their own decisions based on any information they read on here. In fact, not only is that common sense, but by participating in this forum when you sign up, you agree to this exactly:

"While it is permissible to discuss medically-oriented topics, nothing posted here should in any way be interpreted as authoritative medical advice.

While the information provided by knowledgeable members is certainly available for the education of forum members, Ray Peat Forum makes no claim of accuracy and does not endorse suggestions or recommendations set forth here."

Terms of Service and Rules | Ray Peat Forum

Also, if somehow you forgot to take notes the first time around

Again, not his job to babysit you. If you missed something from a previous post then either go back and read it or don't. It's not that serious.

There is no openness in tyw. He knows all the facts, and knows all the places where the facts can't be known.

Your perception. That's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. I've never seen him claim to know everything.

That was uncalled for. That was very rude of you. A very strange comment and breaks the forum rules in my opinion with "I do not know why he is here" and "I am reading someone who is seemingly not human."

"1. Forum Rules
a. Be polite and respectful."

And now you're backtracking to make up for how rude you just were.

Last edited:

tyw

Since this thread is about me, I shall rant for 7m39s in my hybrid SEA-Aussie accent. Warning for mild profanity for those people who really can't stand that.

TL;DR -- Yes, I write like a paranoid software developer on this forum. Writing here is just for fun. No real reason other than that it gives me an opportunity to structure random knowledge into text. I am just another information source; you won't see me recommending people take any particular action.

milk_lover

Since this thread is about me, I shall rant for 7m39s in my hybrid SEA-Aussie accent. Warning for mild profanity for those people who really can't stand that.

TL;DR -- Yes, I write like a paranoid software developer on this forum. Writing here is just for fun. No real reason other than that it gives me an opportunity to structure random knowledge into text. I am just another information source; you won't see me recommending people take any particular action.

Dude :hattip:hattip Nice to see you talk and listen to your wise words although the accent was little bit difficult for me to get in the beginning and then I got used to it.

Sorry dude if I and others were little mean to you, you seem like a nice dude!

Ok now I will try to read your posts as if I am reading a program script (while, for, if, functions, classes and all that good stuff) maybe it would get easier for me.

@Westside PUFAs would probably get tears of joy watching you on a youtube clip while being slim and eating starch :)

Wagner83

@Westside PUFAs would probably get tears of joy watching you on a youtube clip while being slim and eating starch :)

I don't think it's a surprise first study here : Studies On Sucrose And Starch , and some anecdotical feedbacks can be found (Zachs etc...).

It's a bit weird to talk about tyw as if he was not here, people are free to discuss his posts in the relevant threads or perhaps someone can ask him directly what differences he has with Ray's ideas in a thread. If you don't like the style of his posts it's fine but that's how he decides to write , people are free to dismiss his stuff as too complex or utter bull**** or turn him into a guru (same as Peat lol) or just take what they can/want from it. He does give some possible directions for experimenting at times which may be useful : (timing of meals, different macros, different fats, different kind of potatoes (I can actually eat 1kg of potatoes depending on the kind I buy , others give me stomach pain)).

L

lollipop

That is the nicest "rant" I have heard :): Rant is not the word I would use. You actually made a video to defend yourself. Sad it came to that. Actually, the bizarre part? You like pretty much everyone that shows up here, are genuinely concerned about health matters and with helping others. "Us versus Them" mentality might just be more infused in topics that challenge any current widespread belief/behavior.

Tarmander

I am pretty impressed that you responded with a video. Props, that was pretty cool.

So from what you said, basically you are into sharing information, and it's a form of personal entertainment for you. You put that entertainment into a very formal, logical write up that comes from your work. Sounds good to me; I am not sure anyone could argue against that on a forum.

I was never arguing for your censorship, or that you were untruthful, or anything like that. I was basically trying to figure you out, as much as I can anyways. On further reflection after your video, I think what rubs me the wrong way is that you see fat or carb intake on a spectrum and encourage people to find their place where they fit. You encourage a lot of finding your place on a spectrum through experimentation, and those spectrums can be places where people here have sworn something off, like PUFA. I can understand the perspective, and it makes a lot of sense really...It might make me a little crazy, but I want to know the best part of that spectrum and how to get there. I think for some people on here, any hint of relativism is seen as opposing Peat...which might be incorrect, but there it is. Dan asked you something along those lines in the other thread, and it saddens me a bit that IF was the answer, which worked poorly for me.

Anyways, thank you for your video. It was great, and took balls. About the end of your video, where you try not to talk about yourself. From what you said it seemed like you associated talking about yourself with egoism, or naming the forum after you, or something like that. I think that association is wrong. In fact, this is a silly old guru trick, that I think you should drop. Basically these old gurus would use this plea to egoism to not reveal things about themselves that would make them look bad: "my childhood? My school experience? My journey? No no, we are here to find peace and meditate. My background was very normal, very boring, and I do not like to talk about myself." Or something like that

Everyone is human. I think a lot of people would love to hear your personal story, and it would actually take away from any hero worship or egoism. If you are honest about your mistakes, it is very hard for people to worship you, because the people who worship, do not have a good relationship with mistakes.

@Westside PUFAs There are many very subtle forms of manipulation that make one thing look like its opposite. Like him or hate him, @Drareg is bomb at pointing these out. Now his delivery sometimes...The thing is, sometimes people do things like false modesty, where they seem like they are being modest while simultaneously holding back the things that would actually show people why they are modest. I.E. Threads like logs, showing lots of mistakes, or your thread about calling yourself a liberal...Calling people out on false modesty and subtle forms of manipulation is the very definition of rude, but it is not bad because it drives towards truth. Wouldn't you say that drareg's post and my own helped bring about more truth in this thread? This thread is awesome now with tyw's video, in my opinion.

Edit: @lisaferraro I just read your post. You said he seems "genuinely concerned about health matters and helping others." He just told you he is here because of personal entertainment, that he writes "just for fun. No real reason other than that it gives me the opportunity to structure random knowledge into text."

Nothing wrong with that, but why put the savior cloak on him? He said he is another source of information, and "you won't see me recommending people take any particular action." Great ,another source of information! Lisa, I care about you, in as much as you can care about someone met online that you have never met, and if you were in trouble, I would make recommendations ("suggestion" to follow the regulation) to you that I would hope would help you. Do you see that distinction?

Last edited:

Brother John

Tyw, such a strange thread with people coming out with the strangest criticisms of you... I for one, am really glad you post here, the way you post, with the energy you post! I applaud the idea that each person must be their own authority and personally if I don't understand what you are saying, I look up the meaning of a word or research the subject, (it's just So hard to R click the mouse and get the definition or search subject selected on web). My personal choice is Not to ask some one else to read your stuff, dumb it down for me and explain it.... I would rather grow my brain when needed.. So thanks very much for posting your thoughts Tyw!
Brother John

Bluebell

Always enjoyed your posts @tyw and like the video :sunglasses:

I also eat carbs (sourdough, potato, rice, oats) and have been doing well on Katharina Dalton's 3 hourly starch suggestion.

Re. what you said in the video: if you ever decide to tell some of your more personal stuff like what you eat on a day to day basis, or stuff you've learnt over the years, I'd be interested to hear.

Dan W

It's interesting, seeing people in a video version is really humanizing. Although I think the people suggesting a haidut+tyw podcast weren't accounting for the fact that they speak at a combined 6,000WPM.

twilightkid

It's interesting, seeing people in a video version is really humanizing. Although I think the people suggesting a haidut+tyw podcast weren't accounting for the fact that they speak at a combined 6,000WPM.[/QUOT
That would be an epic podcast. Ive been a Yew fan for years now, beginning with Jack kruse' forum ....

Drareg

@Westside PUFAs
Strawman from westside and call to forum rules via your interpretation.
Using ad hominem the way you do is a form of ad hominem,this is a real phenomenon,the uses of argument have limits. The illusory authority of point for point response from you starts with the claim,I claimed tyw's claims were plagiarised,no westside this happened in your personal projection on to my post,don't forget we're it says ,"nothing wrong with that",or instead of the word,"plagiarise", I said ,"taken from people's blogs", hyperbolic.
With the above in mind let's not start a tat for ***s......

To everybody else,the thread was started with a question to decipher tyw, my 2 cents was offered,no personal attacks are present,individual behaviour/interpretation of research can and should be criticised,words on a screen,subtle attempts to silence me in this case lol! I'm a victim!
I have not called for the silencing of anyone or banning,playing the victim card several of you are,no need. The stronger your views the stronger the responses and questions should be,feedback is good.

The .org forum is the wild west of ,"Peating", the Hades if you will, here the forum marshalling is maintained so those in a gentle state of health can explore Peats views,at this point they probably have enough of dozens of websites and gurus,perhaps it was just trying thiamine and panick attacks stopping,or some shift in meaning from one of Peats critiques of society,we must keep them in mind when offering strong opinions on matters that do not have enough clear research to claim assertively a is b etc. or when trolling the forum because you are stuck in some temporary pathological state or a phase of getting stuck on the mania bus.
My point is some of you use the mask of courtesy to abuse the rules here to attempt to confuse,the rules protect you here however over in hades(.org) the lions await......... if you be of said nature or said way inclined.......its just one big mania bus over there!
In saying that those in a gentle state of health may get nauseous/lowered energy from the arguing in these threads,I apologise if I've somehow caused this at times,it's a perspective issue though as the dialogue can be positive if done correctly,only good for unraveling the past,weak for the realising the future potentials but good for adjusting personal,"meanings",and cleaning up the past.

We should not take ourselves too serious fans,we know little and our perspectives skewed,we all grow and change,we change to stay an unchanging unit of indivisibility,(maybe,I'm not sure but still thinking about it).

After the torrent of abuse I received in this thread a video from me is also necessary,this is how all of you made me feel so excuse the emotion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals