Can Redheads Ever Tan?

Redshine

I'm ginger(ish) myself but get blond in the sun. Really noticing a difference, back in the day as a child I always got bad sunburns (my mom always smuttered me with sunscreen). When I started following w. Price thats when I started to notice the first signs that things where changing. I went on holiday to Italy with an friend and despite there was a lot of shunshine, I didnt burn, didnt got a tan either. My friend (and myself) couldt understand why because he was indeed burned. Its still like this for me I dont get burned very slightly a tan on my arms but not that people will compliment me on my nice tan ;)

golder

Thought there were people wich developed cancer on this stuff. I also think its a little unnaturel...
Wow really, even after a small use? I really want to do a few courses to darken my pigmentation. Do you know if the results last for a while? Don’t want to have to keep reusing every few months if it’s dangerous? Thanks for any help :)

Regardless of skin color your resistance to "tanning" (change from your natural color) goes down as vitality & metabolism go up. However, "your natural color" also changes based on your health. Just think of the flush/reddish skin tones that make-up tries to replicate. Higher estrogen makes skin darker, and serotonin seems to make eyes darker as well - though I'm sure it isn't that simple.

I went on holiday to Italy with an friend and despite there was a lot of shunshine, I didnt burn, didnt got a tan either. My friend (and myself) couldt understand why because he was indeed burned. Its still like this for me I dont get burned very slightly a tan on my arms but not that people will compliment me on my nice tan ;)

The damage from UV is what we want to prevent. Ray talks about noticing that women who went on "estrogen supplements" (the pill) had darker skin after a while. Estrogen interferes with a regenerative metabolism.

Pale and sickly skin is not the ideal, but rather lightly colored glowing skin.

revenant

Bump. Summer is coming fast so any new ideas about increasing melanin production? I can tolerate sun better these days but tanning is difficult.

Sitaruîm

I'm ginger(ish) myself but get blond in the sun. Really noticing a difference, back in the day as a child I always got bad sunburns (my mom always smuttered me with sunscreen). When I started following w. Price thats when I started to notice the first signs that things where changing. I went on holiday to Italy with an friend and despite there was a lot of shunshine, I didnt burn, didnt got a tan either. My friend (and myself) couldt understand why because he was indeed burned. Its still like this for me I dont get burned very slightly a tan on my arms but not that people will compliment me on my nice tan ;)
What did you do in that holiday to protect against the sun?

golder

Is the peptide Melanotan 2 that people use to tan, more dangerous for gingers? Genuine question as i don’t know the mechanism of action behind how it tans the skin.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Bump. Summer is coming fast so any new ideas about increasing melanin production? I can tolerate sun better these days but tanning is difficult.
Be out in the sun at sunrise, naked or as much skin showing as possible. The longer you can do it the better. This will get your skin ready for the mid day sun so you can make all that wonderful vitamin D.

Dr. B

Can you please share the details of this? I have for some time been thinking about a theory of hair color, and what you wrote seems to be a n1 confirmation of a key aspect of it.

Cant remember where I read this or heard it but didnt Ray say that the color of hair and eyes depends on what minerals your body has a tendency to store? I think he mentioned stripping hair of minerals makes it gray, and adding specific combinations of minerals is what turns hair blonde, black, brown, etc. I think its the same with eyes. That means if you drastically change your diet/nutrition, or some other nutritional factors, you could potentially change your hair/eye color to an extent also?

Dr. B

Regardless of skin color your resistance to "tanning" (change from your natural color) goes down as vitality & metabolism go up. However, "your natural color" also changes based on your health. Just think of the flush/reddish skin tones that make-up tries to replicate. Higher estrogen makes skin darker, and serotonin seems to make eyes darker as well - though I'm sure it isn't that simple.
that is interesting. do progesterone and the androgens have a lightening effect on skin and eyes? i think serotonin and cortisol can cause hair and possibly eyes to gray.

Breadpill

that is interesting. do progesterone and the androgens have a lightening effect on skin and eyes? i think serotonin and cortisol can cause hair and possibly eyes to gray.
Androgens make it so I get much darker when exposed to sun.

Waynish

Yes, supposedly. But who can see molecules? These are molecules...
Anyway, I know several redheads who are high energy and tan well. I've never seen them burn. However, their tan isn't golden, but more reddish :)

Jennifer

Cant remember where I read this or heard it but didnt Ray say that the color of hair and eyes depends on what minerals your body has a tendency to store? I think he mentioned stripping hair of minerals makes it gray, and adding specific combinations of minerals is what turns hair blonde, black, brown, etc. I think its the same with eyes. That means if you drastically change your diet/nutrition, or some other nutritional factors, you could potentially change your hair/eye color to an extent also?

Yes, and I think thyroid function plays a part, particularly with copper metabolism, because my naturally dark hair, including eyebrows and eyelashes, turned a light copper during the time my thyroid function tanked and my spine collapsed/my bones demineralized. And I don’t know if my thyroid function also played a role in this, or because light green and hazel eyes are common in my family, but my eye color also lightened significantly during that period, and I had the darkest eyes in my family. Mine used to be so dark my pupils weren’t even visible, but they lightened to the point that I now even have a prominent limbal ring, and when I shine a light on them, they’re dominant in light green, with patches of brown. I was hoping I could get the dark color back by upping the minerals and supporting my thyroid, but so far my eyes haven’t changed.

P

Peatness

In a recent interveiw Dr Peat said he noticed he stopped burning in the sun when he started supplementing vitamin D. Perhap you need a mininum blood level to protect the skin.