Can Red Light Cause "cleansing Reactions"?

Apologies for the questionable phrase. But I'm talking about applying red light to some area (e.g. thyroid), and getting a temporary worsening before bettering. Of course, such terms as "cleansing reactions" are used to justify or rationalize the continuation of ineffectual treatment, so it's an ugly term.

Perhaps because the biochemical situation of the body is changing, waste products can be more efficiently removed, low grade infections handled, etc

In buteyko breathing / co2 raising circles, these are common experiences as the body shifts to a high co2 blood balance, with lots of downstream changes.

Has anyone experienced similar with red light? And is there a legitimate biochemical basis for it?

Johnson

tankasnowgod

I've noticed a reaction near the thyroid when using 850 nm devices. I would get a kind of scratchy feeling in my throat. Only happened with that type of light, other wavelengths didn't cause that issue. Guess it's possible it's what you're describing.

Overall, my experience with red light has been incredibly positive.

OP
J
I've noticed a reaction near the thyroid when using 850 nm devices. I would get a kind of scratchy feeling in my throat. Only happened with that type of light, other wavelengths didn't cause that issue. Guess it's possible it's what you're describing.

Overall, my experience with red light has been incredibly positive.

I'd say that's more of a side effect or maybe a stress reaction? Rather than a "cleansing reaction", which would be more like the body kicking out some old junk after a better metabolic situation is initiated. For instance, in buteyko breathing, higher co2 levels start to make the person cough up lots of mucus if they were/are smokers. Like the body can no longer tolerate small things it would accept before, in contrast to higher survival needs.

For 830nm thyroid I've also had a feeling of swelling inside the neck, a feeling of flushing the body and a kind of agitated sense of speeding up. I've decided to make sessions more infrequent now as a result, as it might be more of a stress reaction than beneficial.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom