Can Pregnenolone Supplementation Raise Cortisol?

ddjd

depends who you're asking. search pregnenolone steal in the forum

J

jb116

Progesterone and pregnenolone can potentially raise cortisol as they are precursors. But a precursor per say is not necessarily what raises it in the sense that it must be bad since it contributes to it technically. Cortisol must rise in certain situations otherwise we'd die. But chronic elevation is due to an environment and diet forcing the pathway to cortisol. My perspective has always been get the food and environment right while supplementing those things if you choose to supplement them. Also depending on the degree and severity of the situation sometimes a big amount is needed to cut the cascade of conversion. Sometimes you see that a small dose doesn't help if the stress is strong enough to force continual conversion to mineral and glucocorticoids.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Progesterone and pregnenolone can potentially raise cortisol as they are precursors. But a precursor per say is not necessarily what raises it in the sense that it must be bad since it contributes to it technically. Cortisol must rise in certain situations otherwise we'd die. But chronic elevation is due to an environment and diet forcing the pathway to cortisol. My perspective has always been get the food and environment right while supplementing those things if you choose to supplement them. Also depending on the degree and severity of the situation sometimes a big amount is needed to cut the cascade of conversion. Sometimes you see that a small dose doesn't help if the stress is strong enough to force continual conversion to mineral and glucocorticoids.

Thnx.

rob

If so, what would be the reason?

Pregnenolone can significantly unregulate pregnenolone sulfate (PREG-S). PREG-S is a potent negative allosteric modulator of GABA-A receptors and thus an excitatory and, potentially, pro-anxiety neurosteroid for people. Obviously this sets up for more glutamate-mediated activation of the HPA axis and subsequent cortisol release.

Last edited:
T

TheBeard

"per se"

Means "in and of itself" in Latin

chompie

y raise cortisol as they are precursors. But a precursor per say is not necessarily what raises it in the sense that it must be bad since it contributes to it technically. Cortisol must rise in certain situations otherwise we'd die. But chronic elevation is due to an environment and diet forcing the pathway to cortisol. My perspective has always been get the food and environment right while supplementing those things if you choose to supplement them. Also depending on the degree and severity of the situation sometime
I can attest to this. I'm suffering from low cortisol (confirmed via 4pt saliva and serum tests) If I take a massive dose of Progesterone, some of my low-cortisol symptoms improve. I get no other effects from progesterone except a guaranteed morning wood. No sleepiness, no shrinkage. At my occassional dose of ~200mg I do get some GERD

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals