Can Pregnenolone replace Progesterone temporarily during Pregnancy?

My partner has run out of Progest-E and the new bottle will not be arriving for a few days, she is about 5 weeks pregnant and has been supplementing Progest-E since ovulation. She had difficulty getting pregnant initially.

Would Pregnenolone be an OK replacement for a few days until the Progest-E arrives? Anything else that could help optimize Progesterone levels? Thank you.

B

Blaze

My partner has run out of Progest-E and the new bottle will not be arriving for a few days, she is about 5 weeks pregnant and has been supplementing Progest-E since ovulation. She had difficulty getting pregnant initially.

Would Pregnenolone be an OK replacement for a few days until the Progest-E arrives? Anything else that could help optimize Progesterone levels? Thank you.
Yes, the body can use pregnenolone made from the body's own cholesterol or from supplementation to make the downstream hormones including progesterone, cortisol, dhea, etc...... as needed.
I think of pregnenolone only as a substrate used to manufacture the multitude of the downstream hormones.. So any positive or negative effect it has would depend on what substances your body decides to produce from it and vary greatly from individual to individual.

--------------------------------------------------Pregnenolone----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------Progesterone____________________________________________________DHEA----------------------------------------
------------------------Cortisol________________________________________________Testosterone or Esterol-----------------------------

Just be sure to manage stress when supplementing pregnenolone. Or it may have an undesired effect.
For example, if a person is under great stress , might serve just to overproduce the stress hormone cortisol instead of the desired progesterone.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals