Can Orange Juice + Gelatin Replace Hard Food?

paka

all I eat is oj and milk, occassional pufa when i have to eat out.

it's less stressful to eat this way if it's made into chewy gelatin. also i feel better eating this way, it's so clean.

Wagner83

That does not sound like a complete diet, did you check your nutrients intake in cronometer or something similar?

Elysium

It is stupid. Extremely stupid. You are harming yourself. And it should in no way be associated with Ray Peat.

Sunny Jack

I was thinking of trying this. There is a thread here I've been reading about Ray Peat's quick therapeutic diet of OJ and milk. Apparently two quarts of each a day will ramp up the metabolism and allow a person to eat more calories without gaining weight.

The gelatin should provide valuable protein too. If you ate feeling better on it I would not be as negative as the previous two replies to this. In time you may feel like adding more solid foods to it, but there is no point in forcing it until you are ready.

papaya

i know that those are ray's staples, but i think you'd need to add oysters & liver a couple times a week for the diet to really be complete in vitamins/minerals? also, i think that having the same daily diet,while easy and convenient, can cause learned helplessness?

paka

Thanks all, w/o bumping the thread since people do not have common sense - if it is stupid then don't do this, it is a question & not advice.

paka

I was thinking of trying this. There is a thread here I've been reading about Ray Peat's quick therapeutic diet of OJ and milk. Apparently two quarts of each a day will ramp up the metabolism and allow a person to eat more calories without gaining weight.

The gelatin should provide valuable protein too. If you ate feeling better on it I would not be as negative as the previous two replies to this. In time you may feel like adding more solid foods to it, but there is no point in forcing it until you are ready.
Yes and add coconut oil instead of milk fat for more metabolism. and carrots, idk cheese or beef/oysters as someone said.

It's probably good, just check if any vitamins are missing and if you're getting dangerous levels of potassium (doubt it). I think you will need some milk too for essential aminoacids and to add some vitamins. Probably my go to diet if I ever break my jaw LOL

Wagner83

Thanks all, w/o bumping the thread since people do not have common sense - if it is stupid then don't do this, it is a question & not advice.
Elysium has been aggressive in many of his/her posts I don't think it has anything to do with you in particular.

DaveFoster

Wow, I never thought of this.

@Elysium

The holiest of all diets.

Marg

I don't think that this is stupid either. I would also add milk to this protocol and I think this would be a good way for sick people to get nourishment (much better than stale, devitilized foods from cans or meat heavy meals).

Maybe the next step up would be homemade broths and soups (cream of mushroom, pumpkin, etc...)

Sunny Jack

He said he drinks milk.

Actually, rereading the original post and the title, I am unsure of the role of milk here.
Is the OP asking whether an orange juice and gelatin combination can replace the milk as well as solid food?

Marg

Thats how I read the question from paka. IIRC, Ray's suggested ratio of milk to OJ would be 2:1.

Wagner83

Actually, rereading the original post and the title, I am unsure of the role of milk here.
Is the OP asking whether an orange juice and gelatin combination can replace the milk as well as solid food?

all I eat is oj and milk, occassional pufa when i have to eat out.

The question is "can orange juice and gelatin replace hard food?".
Anyways, I'll let the op discuss that. :)