Can Only Truly Be Satiated If Eating Over 150g Of Protein / Day

Discussion in 'Diet' started by GreekDemiGod, Oct 16, 2020 at 4:19 AM.

1. GreekDemiGod

GreekDemiGod Member

Title. Protein has a powerful effect on my satiety. Back when I was on "the bodybuilder diet", my protein intake was 160 - 180g / day.
    Since peating, it was 90 - 120g / day. But I realized I get benefits in satiety if I bump up my intake to 140 - 150g / day.
    I am lifting weights 5 times / week and I weight 175 lbs now.
    The thing is, high protein intake can make it harder to avoid hypoglycemia and low glycogen running out.
    I'll have to eat a 3:1 carb / protein ratio at every meal.
    I'd also like to restrict tryptophan, that's why I bought a plant protein powder + BCAA.

2. rei

rei Member

Try adding some tallow, it is incredibly satiating and can do wonders for general health. If you cook with butter it is enough to replace that amount and the difference is quite surprising.

3. Tristan Loscha

Tristan Loscha Member

Do not consume Plant Based Proteinpowders, due to the nature of high resilience towards elemental stress, plants have high amounts of unphysiologic elements like As or Cd. Your protein intake is fine and could be increased further. Even the sedentary Peat is consuming 150g/d.

4. dukesbobby777

dukesbobby777 Member

The plant based proteins I have previously bought (pea, etc) are also very difficult to digest.

5. OP
    GreekDemiGod

GreekDemiGod Member

6. lvysaur

lvysaur Member

I only feel satiated eating pork/beef, sometimes chicken. Fish and especially eggs do nothing for me

It almost feels like beef craving indicates a slower metabolism. Which might be a good thing. It digests slowly meaning there is always fuel in the stomach to be used. But if the metabolism is slower, it is also getting used more slowly so you always have a steady stream of energy

Fish digests quickly and does the opposite

7. commas

commas Member

or possibly your metabolism is actually high and you crave the vitamin b6 from beef pork and chicken? Or b3

8. Hgreen56

Hgreen56 Member

why do you ask amarsh for advice?

9. R J

R J Member

Maybe tryptophan is more useful for growing muscle?

10. yashi

yashi Member

To lower tryptophan I'd rather add gelatine/collagen/bone broth to meats (or with coffee or juice) than to take plant based proteins.