Can Methylene Blue go bad? Expired MB safe to use?

BearWithMe

I have a bottle of Methylene Blue I have bought back in 2017/2018 and never used it. It have expiry date of 03/2019. Would it be still safe to use?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I think so - but mostly replying to get others' thoughts.

Jam

Yes.

AllThingsPeat

I've been taking some two-year-old MB, and it definitely still works.

If you're not sure, however, you can always do a simple test by mixing it with vitamin C powder in a glass of water. If the MB is still active, it should oxidize the vit C to dehydroascorbic acid, turning the solution clear & colorless. Once all the vit C has been oxidized, the oxygen in the air should re-oxidize the reduced MB, turning the solution blue again.

Hidden49

Thoughts on this?
AAEC0202-7E7F-4500-AC9F-AC7FACE8849C.png

DKayJoe

Seems to be the same sort of disclaimer that goes with thyroid use, simply put if it ups your metabolism make sure you have the nutritional requirements to support it otherwise you'll crash somewhere down the chain and activate adrenals to compensate.

AllThingsPeat

Thoughts on this?
Not sure what this person was responding to. But imo, it's no less reductive to reject something as "obsolete science" on the basis that it won't solve all your problems as it is to promote a single supplement or drug on the basis that it will, and it's obvious that there's no substitute for good nutrition.

I don't know where he got the idea that upregulating OXPHOS increases heavy metal uptake. What I am certain of, however, is that in a hypoxic state characterized by aerobic glycolysis, insufficient NAD, increased NO/decreased CO2 production, and downregulation of the ETC enzymes, the body is going to have a much harder time detoxifying anything. And since MB seems to function like a sort of "pseudooxygen," inhibiting iNOS, increasing the NAD/NADH ratio, and activating cytochrome C oxidase, I think it's generally beneficial as long as you're not taking enough to inhibit MAO-A or increase superoxide radicals too much.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals