Can Megadosing Thiamine Lead to an Overactive Immune Response as well as Increased Urination?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Could be refeeding syndrome

I can't handle thiamine at the start. I had to make sure sugar wasn't so high as in white sugar and also make sure my magnesium level was up otherwise thiamine if deficient can cause alot of issue when introduced. For me anyway

I read it twice. The ideas are slow to catch on with me. There is a certain vagueness to his style. I still don't really know what refeeding syndrome is.

I also think the word syndrome is an overabused word, used in diseases like Metabolic syndrome, China syndrome - to tell us there is something wrong but they don't know why but check this list of symptoms.

It is a word associated with legalized medical miseducation and malpractice imho.

Gustav3Y

As far as I understand they tell you should keep taking B1 as supposedly the negative effects experienced at first take should go away in time?
I would be interested if anyone can attest that they had this issues and indeed taking more and more B1 solved such issue.

JohnHafterson

it may be an angiotensin inhibitor too
good stuff mate

i thought theres posts on here saying benfotiamine is toxic, interferes with normal thiamine function, etc, that it needs to be allithiamine, hcl, and one other form maybe the thiamine phosphate or something. mononitrate may also be troublesome due to it having nitrate.

have you tried thiamine HCL

"
Thiamine in foods can be degraded in a variety of ways. Sulfites, which are added to foods usually as a preservative,[39] will attack thiamine at the methylene bridge in the structure, cleaving the pyrimidine ring from the thiazole ring.[12] The rate of this reaction is increased under acidic conditions. Thiamine is degraded by thermolabile thiaminases (present in raw fish and shellfish).[11] Some thiaminases are produced by bacteria. Bacterial thiaminases are cell surface enzymes that must dissociate from the membrane before being activated; the dissociation can occur in ruminants under acidotic conditions. Rumen bacteria also reduce sulfate to sulfite, therefore high dietary intakes of sulfate can have thiamine-antagonistic activities.

Plant thiamine antagonists are heat-stable and occur as both the ortho- and para-hydroxyphenols. Some examples of these antagonists are caffeic acid, chlorogenic acid, and tannic acid. These compounds interact with the thiamine to oxidize the thiazole ring, thus rendering it unable to be absorbed. Two flavonoids, quercetin and rutin, have also been implicated as thiamine antagonists."
Yes - I use Thiamine HCL the most - benfotiamine lower dose and for special use/occasions.

Haven't noticed any toxicity issues with benfo with doses as high as 300 mg a day.

Agreed definitely works on Renin Angiotensin System:

gr1.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals